News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lower front door panels, 68 vs 69

Started by BronzeOnSteelies, May 05, 2007, 10:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BronzeOnSteelies

The lower front door panels on my 68 have square buttons at the top corners of the map pockets. My buddy gave me an old set off his 69 which do not have these on them. I was going to dye his and use them since they are better than mine.

Anybody know what is what?
68 MM1 (Turbine Bronze) R/T

resq302

The map pocket emblems were a 68 and very early 69 model thing from what I have heard.  The emblems attached to the door panel by a speed nut that screwed onto the stud of the emblem that poked through the door panel.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

68 RT

My late 68 does not have them, I think it may be luck of the draw. Also I have heard that if you got the pedal dress up package yopu got the door map buttons. Not sure though.
Original buttons are peened over from the back, repos are held on with speed nuts.