News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

block decking , head milling question

Started by tkkruzer, May 21, 2007, 08:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tkkruzer

:icon_smile_question: what is the most you can shave off the block or heads and not effect the intake alignment? and which is the most bennifitial to cut? the head or the block? i'm no building a drag motor but would like to up the compression a little. i'm planning on using zero deck pistons and am getting my plans in order. by the way this is on a 360. any info would be appreciated. :icon_smile_cool: TK

Chryco Psycho

you cannot get very far , probably around 10-15 thou & the intake is going to be tough to fit , ti is not hard to mill the intake face of the head off though , you need to remove .012 from the intake face for every .010 off the deck

tkkruzer

when you say intake face are you talking about the port surface? what about the surface at the bottom where the intake meets the block? when decking the block do you suface that area too?  :icon_smile_cool: thanx TK

Chryco Psycho

wether you deck the head or block the surface where the intaks bolts to the heads needs to be cut as well to allow the intake to fit still

tkkruzer

thanx guys , now I must save up all my nickles and pennys , this work is a bit pricy but it will be worth it in the long run :icon_smile_cool: thanx TK>