News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Wing – aluminum hollow wing. (update) Horizonta picsl

Started by Daytona Guy, April 26, 2007, 07:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona Guy

Not going to say much but this is fresh from the foundry. First ever, after market, aluminum hollow Daytona wing. Like the IPhone it will be on time. 15 pounds like the original. More to come...

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

daytonalo

Nice job , is the horz hollow? When do I get mine , and how much ?????????

daytonalo

Roth68rt

daytonalo

you might want to keep it , I think these are 2k . Dane pm me I want one , Larry

daytonalo

Howie

I  will be needing a wing in time so :popcrn: . Looks good. Now if we can get some guys to make some more of the other parts.

Magnumcharger

Good stuff!
I can predict the future.....
1969 Charger reproduction bodies now on the horizon.
Reproduction nosecones and window plugs are already avaliable.
Repop Hemis, Dana 60's, and 18 Spline fourspeeds are already out there.
Add a set of reproduction Magnum 500's or 'Recall' wheels.
Now the last ingredient, the ever-elusive wing.

Put it all together....I wonder who will be the first?
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Howie

Like that trunk closeout panel that is used with the vegaplug.  And possibly a good quality nose and lower valance. Steel z braces would be good to.

Ghoste

Quote from: Magnumcharger on April 27, 2007, 10:28:46 AM
Good stuff!
I can predict the future.....
1969 Charger reproduction bodies now on the horizon.
Reproduction nosecones and window plugs are already avaliable.
Repop Hemis, Dana 60's, and 18 Spline fourspeeds are already out there.
Add a set of reproduction Magnum 500's or 'Recall' wheels.
Now the last ingredient, the ever-elusive wing.

Put it all together....I wonder who will be the first?

All it takes is a fat old bank account.  :D

daytonalo

Noses are avail , step up to the plate and stroke a check to janak or but a stinger and modify it yourself . The trunk channel is a piece of cake , any local sheetmetal shop can make that , thats what I did, my brake wasn't wide enough .

hotrod98

Quote from: daytonalo on April 27, 2007, 02:20:36 PM
Noses are avail , step up to the plate and stroke a check to janak or but a stinger and modify it yourself . The trunk channel is a piece of cake , any local sheetmetal shop can make that , thats what I did, my brake wasn't wide enough .

But how does your sheetmetal shop put that radius in it to match the daytona trunk lid? They look like crap when they don't have that radius. They look sort of homemade. That's why I've been using the 3rd gen dutchman panels.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

daytonalo

I made my own , it takes some work ,but I did it . I made it using a local machine shops brake , mine would only handle 3' wide . I wanted the steps to match up , I think I read somewhere they are different , plus I don't have access to a 3rd gen or did I want to spend any time looking for one , and then pay out the ass for one . But that is me

Daytona Guy

Here it is - this horizontal wing looks extruded. - This is fresh from the foundry and still needs tooling. The bottom pic I tried to show a light at the other end to show it is hollow all the way through.

I am actually surprising myself with how this wing is turning out. If this wing was laying around at a swap meet I believe it would be mistaken as original.

But – The horizontal - is a little thicker for strength and when this is tooled up I will post a pic of me standing on the wing.

Dayclona's steel wing 3000.00
Janek's Glass wing 1500.00 ? Not sure
Stinger wing 650.00 - one piece

I'm still running the numbers

daytonalo

can we all stand on it carrying sand bags ?????/ Anyway when do you think you will be able to sell me one ?

Daytona Guy

Quote from: daytonalo on April 30, 2007, 11:51:33 PM
can we all stand on it carrying sand bags ?????/ Anyway when do you think you will be able to sell me one ?

Yes you can - Just do not drop them on your Vega rear window ;)

I still have work to do on them with fitting and all. I want to make sure they are going to be what it I want them to be. (What ever that means) I am hoping I will have one ready by the end of May. This process is 10 X's more complex and if these wings are well received I will then put in an order for the foundry to make. I will still sell a rough sand cast wing for 700.00, and I have a finished sold wing for 1K, and I am not sure yet what this hollow wing will run.

TomP

Dane,
  It looks really good!  I can't wait to see the finished and assembled prototype!

'70 Charger R/T Clone - FE5/V1W 451/727/Dana/4 wheel disc brakes/AC (Under Restification)
'70 Challenger - FM3/V1W 440/727/8.75/4 wheel disc brakes (Under Restification)
'74 Duster - FM3/V1W 225/904/7.25 Disc/Drum
'93 RAM D250 - 5.9L/A518/9.25 (Old Sacto Cop Truck)
'94 BMW 740iL

Yes, I'm a Dodge Boy.  Verstehen?