News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Picture of the day! by you!

Started by ck1, April 28, 2007, 11:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Quote from: The70RT on November 10, 2009, 01:06:05 PM
Maybe with the rise of the sun can lengthen and shorten the shadows?
i know that helps for me   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BB1

hmmmmmmmmm

Delete my profile

dodgecharger-fan

I'd say it's quite possible.

If the openings tapered down to a finer edge rather then the thick walls that are there, then I'd say you could expect three circles in a sort of clover like fashion.

If you take the three circles that you expect to see and then add in some straight lines on the side - caused by the straight lines that are part of the depth of the railing - then it could be..

Think of the openings in the railing as three cylinders rather than three circles. Then consider that the light isn't shining straight through and perpendicular to the cylinder openings, you have to allow for the sides of the cylinders to cast shadows. Since the inner parts of the cylinders are open, then you allow for light to shine right through the middle. Add it all up and you've sidewalk sausages.

I edited the pic and circled two points. one is the cylinder sides that I'm talking about and the other is the part of the shadow that it is casting.

KS71owner

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 10, 2009, 12:12:40 PM
Is this shadow even possible?  I got this in an e-mail forward, but if the shapes have 3 circles together in the railing i dont see how it can elongate the top one.  Me thinks this is someones photochop Tomfoolery.   :shruggy:

actually yes it is possible...it looks like those round openings are pretty deep, and if the light is hitting the opening at the right angle along the profile you might get an elongated shape like that. I'll try putting in my Sketchup 3D with a light source and see if I can duplicate it.

KS71owner

sure enough....it's possible! LOL  :icon_smile_big: not exactly the same but close.

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

Ridiculous rainfall for a majority of yesterday and last night. I normally can walk out in the middle of this. It was like a stage 5 out there. 
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

dart3404

mikepmcs

Thanks Jen.

My... always on the lookout for the "Oak Tree" Ansel Adams shot.......  ;D

dart3404

Mike what HDR program are you using? I just got a trial of Photomatix Pro3. Haven't tried it yet.

mikepmcs

That's the one. There's a couple more but the one you have is the right one. 3.2.6 is the latest version BTW. I have bracketed up to 14 shots but in reality, it really isn't needed. 5 shots should be sufficient and even 3 will work just fine. +/- 2 on the EV scale will get the job done. Too many exposures and you have a high risk of chromatic abberation and also some digital scaling appears as well(i'd have to screw one up on purpose to show you exactly what I mean)  In other words, there is such thing as too much of a good thing with HDR.
 You can do HDR in photoshop as well.  I need Photoshop CS4 though.  Working with an earlier versioin that just doesn't have the options the new CS's do.  Lens blur is one of the filter options I really need.  Gaussian blur just doesn't have that realistic lens blur feel(mimicks a macro lens shot for tilt shift/fake mini's)
Ok, I'm babbling now, have a nice day.  ;D

Mike

Arthu®

No fancy art work photography here, simple Canon IXUS 75.

Oh and yes the weather is as depressing as it seems...
Striving for world domination since 1986

mikepmcs

Magnumcharger

Painting with light...neat!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

mikepmcs

mauve66

Quote from: mikepmcs on November 16, 2009, 06:51:12 AM
That's the one. There's a couple more but the one you have is the right one. 3.2.6 is the latest version BTW. I have bracketed up to 14 shots but in reality, it really isn't needed. 5 shots should be sufficient and even 3 will work just fine. +/- 2 on the EV scale will get the job done. Too many exposures and you have a high risk of chromatic abberation and also some digital scaling appears as well(i'd have to screw one up on purpose to show you exactly what I mean)  In other words, there is such thing as too much of a good thing with HDR.
  You can do HDR in photoshop as well.  I need Photoshop CS4 though.  Working with an earlier versioin that just doesn't have the options the new CS's do.  Lens blur is one of the filter options I really need.  Gaussian blur just doesn't have that realistic lens blur feel(mimicks a macro lens shot for tilt shift/fake mini's)
Ok, I'm babbling now, have a nice day.  ;D

Mike

we speak american on this forum mister, oh sorry, i figured out the last one.......................................... i wish i could learn this stuff, i can't even figure out how to use MS paint :brickwall: :brickwall:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Magnumcharger

Keep up the good work mikepms....
I may be the only person here who speaks your language.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

BB1

My backyard.  :cheers:

Where am I?
Delete my profile

BB1

:icon_smile_wink:
Delete my profile

hemi-hampton

Looks like Tortilla flat in Arizona?  LEON.

The70RT

Cool, nice scenery. I just can't believe you gave up the Charger for that 4 legged thing  :lol:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BB1

Na Oatman AZ, where the donkeys run wild on the mother road 66.
Delete my profile

73chgrSE

Funny, i was gonna guess Kingman Az.

dart3404

I found this cute little guy in my kitchen yesterday. I know some of you don't like spiders, so I made it a link.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2671/4157061113_3fcd083119_b.jpg

Brock Samson