News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Picture of the day! by you!

Started by ck1, April 28, 2007, 11:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 21, 2010, 01:39:56 PM
Nope - the guy hasn't responded, is their any alturnative to pull this off?... like useing the pics directly off Flicker?..  :shruggy:

Just send me one that you have on your computer of maybe a different picture that you like.  just make sure it's high resolution(lots of megapixels)
we can mess around with that other one another time.  heck, i might not be able to improve on what you've already taken, but i'll try just for fun.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Brock Samson

thanks Bro!  :2thumbs:
I wanted to add this UK Photo gallery of jumping spiders thought you guys and gals might get a kick out of the macro Photos...  
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthpicturegalleries/7956086/Close-up-macro-photographs-of-tiny-jumping-spiders-turn-them-into-ferocious-monsters.html?image=6

1970Moparmann

A friend recently got married at Wriggly Field. 
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Bob T

Sunrise 06.40 this morning,  off the roof of my pagoda
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

1970Moparmann

That is a awesome photo! :cheers:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Bob T

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on August 25, 2010, 04:26:58 PM
That is a awesome photo! :cheers:

Thanks, no photoshop - just a pic on standard setting, a minute later it had faded right down. . I thought it was cool enough to get my 6 year old daughter up to see it . She wasnt that impressed though  ;D
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

mikepmcs

thoughts?

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

wow strange, the color is washed when i post those last 2 up here. they have way more color when I pull it up to view it normal.
guess i'm gonna have to print one to really find out.
very strange :scratchchin:

it also looks like that second one is a little right wing down like about 2*.      
oh, i got a new 50mm prime 1.4D and I was checking it out yesterday to see how much bokeh I could pull at a distance.  I'll have to go back and refocus and reshoot due to me being blind apparently.  :lol:
not a lot of room for mistakes with a portrait lens. :icon_smile_blackeye:

these were just the first 2 i even considered processing out of 92 shots i took yesterday(of basically the same thing at different angles).  most are already deleted.

Brock Samson

i dunno what yur talkin' about but I do know you pretty much rule this thread!  :2thumbs:

Finn

I like it! Did you stack those yourself?
Just a thought; have you tried making an background copy HDR layer than putting the eraser on a lower opacity and going over everything but the rocks?
It might make them pop more, they're awesome focus points.  :cheers:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

mikepmcs

teach me Finn, i'm all ears.  You nailed exactly what I'm trying to do and what is lacking in these photos.  I don't know how to do what you just described.
HELP ME!

Dave, thank you very much. I'm glad you like them.   ;D

mikepmcs

and to answer the rock question.  i did not stack the rocks.  they just appeared there most likely from a group of Einstein supporters with a lot of energy...... and they must have been very tall to boot.

Brock Samson

Miller takes a damn good photo too, but you and Finn seem to be the real talents in the Photo Dept. Some guys have good camera gear and get pretty good pics, step up the the subject, and are wary of the light,.. but you and Finn are the guys who really take it to the next level. Bravo!  :popcrn:

mikepmcs

Much appreciated.  Just having some fun but i'm happy you think they are worthy.  :cheers:

Lots of great pictures on this thread for sure.

loudmouthaussie

Quote from: mikepmcs on August 28, 2010, 07:10:21 AM
thoughts?

thats the traditional way to mark where a survey mark is located out in the sticks. but seeing how theyre in a creek id doubt that.

saw the same thing in western australia. i would say bored bushwalkers  :yesnod:
1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD. 440/6BBL/BENCH/AUTO/VITAMIN C.
1979 FORD RANCHERO GT 351.
1960 AUSTIN HEALEY MK1 BUGEYE SPRITE 1275/4 SPEED.

Brock Samson

Finn

2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

mikepmcs

Finn
got it.  thanks a ton.  got some homework to do...be back later.

Dave, I was just looking at Bill Dan's stuff yesterday explaining my Einstein statement. :lol:

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving" -- Albert Einstein

or my twist.... You must maintain your balance in order to keep moving forward...

Whatta ya think? Finn's tutelary mastery.

Bob T

Pic #1 , but they both look pretty cool
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Finn

2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

sixty8charger

Jayson

Dans 68

I took this a few days ago, but I think it warrants a posting. Beautiful country. Any guesses?  :scratchchin:  :icon_smile_wink:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

mikepmcs

ya, that's pretty awesome.

Brock Samson

looks like Alaska to me..  :shruggy:

Finn

2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L