News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Picture of the day! by you!

Started by ck1, April 28, 2007, 11:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeattleCharger

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Brock Samson

nice pics alright,..
I wonder why folks post them so dang big though, so that 20 - 30% of the picture is cut off,.. and you have to scroll right and spoll the composition and overall effect?...  :shruggy:
the measure ments i have found to work after experamenting extensvly this week are 750 wide or 670 tall.
I also notice that few pics are taken tall... you know, with a higher aspect ratio then wider...  :shruggy:

:popcrn:

mikepmcs

Dave,
I suspect the reason you can't get the whole picture on your screen is because of the settings on your display. The pictures show up in full on my screen because I choose the higher setting. Give it a try if you want. Control Panel, Display, Settings, Screen Resolution(I have mine set to 1280x1024)

Eric,
Notice the bugs, and pretty mean ones too, allowing me to effectively maintain man cardage.  :icon_smile_big:

Thanks fellas.  :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Troy

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 23, 2009, 11:59:37 AM
nice pics alright,..
I wonder why folks post them so dang big though, so that 20 - 30% of the picture is cut off,.. and you have to scroll right and spoll the composition and overall effect?...  :shruggy:
the measure ments i have found to work after experamenting extensvly this week are 750 wide or 670 tall.
I also notice that few pics are taken tall... you know, with a higher aspect ratio then wider...  :shruggy:

:popcrn:

Depends on your monitor size/screen resolution. If your screen is set to 1024x768 (about right for a 17" monitor) then Mike's pictures will be too large (but they'd make nearly perfect background images). A 19" monitor will typically display 1280x1024 and 1600x1200 for a 21" monitor so anyone using those resolutions won't usually have to scroll at all. Everyone has a different environment so what is "right" for one person could be too large or small for others. Most browsers have a setting to resize large images to eliminate scrolling but I've found that they usually make the image too blurry for me (and I'll squint looking for details when the original size would have shown them clearly).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

mikepmcs

Great point on the monitor size.  On my dell mini10 no matter what I do the pictures will be too big for the screen.

PS all pictures were taken yesterday.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

hemi-hampton

Don't know if anybody has seen this guys work before but he does some amazing drawings in Chalk on the sidewalks. LEON.

Todd Wilson

I usually keep mine at 640x480  800x600 sometimes works out fine for most folks.

Todd

Brock Samson

:shruggy: wow!  i learn something new everyday,..
thanks!
wow just lost my post by accidently hitting the mouse...  :brickwall:
anyhow,...
I didn't realize you could get different size pictures by having different size monitors,.. my relitivly new flat screen dell measures 17 inch Diag. as opposed to my old huge 60 Lb. dell 19 inch,..
used to be i'd do the 640 size but now the 75o size seems optimum,.. so,.. is their a default size built into these that can be tweeked?..
and how do/did the Alaska pics i posted come out for you guys too big or too small?..

BIRD67

My White Castle... Yeah, I got very bored one night while we were at White Castle, so I guess staying up til 12 factored into it?
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

hemi-hampton

another

Brock Samson

hey Hemi-not to rag on you too hard but,.. this thread is for pictures You (we) take

Quote from: ck1 on April 28, 2007, 11:59:13 PM
Post a picture of the day, anyday from this time forward, and if at all possible no cars plz :icon_smile_big: I know thats gonna be hard and only pictures you have taken.  Today was my 41 birthday and we went fishing, enjoy!

Please folks - note the part that goes...
 "Post a picture of the day, anyday from this time forward, and if at all possible no cars plz  I know thats gonna be hard and only pictures you have taken."

..and yes I myself and many others have on a few occasions posted that sidewalk art... you can do a search to find other examples and artisits many are in the "funny Pics" thread...

here's one...
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,47299.0.html

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,2709.msg269181.html#msg269181

i could go on these are but a few, but I'd like to steer this thread back to a Photos that we have taken that is more about cool non automotive subjects.
right now i'm working on optimising my monitor to accept posted images...

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 23, 2009, 01:00:21 PM
hey Hemi-not to rag on you too hard but,.. this thread is for pictures You (we) take

Please folks - note the part that goes...
only pictures you have taken."

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Brock Samson

:shruggy: i took that photo,...  :yesnod:

off the internet...

hemi-hampton

OK, Sorry, I haven't read the rules for so long I forgot them. LEON.

hemi-hampton

Here you go, took this Pic earlier today a few hours ago. No cars & took it myself. Should Qualify by the Rules. Now I'm going to assume I posted it in wrong Category, Maybe should of posted in Pet thread :scratchchin:  LEON.

mikepmcs

Damn, beat me to the punch Leon.   :smilielol:
Cute dog though.

PS Mods please move.  :icon_smile_big:

hemi-hampton

OK, Heres another Pic. LEON.

chargergirl

Photos are great...love the study in black and white with the hint of color...always hated the 80's negative stuff in bizarre colors. However the pic of the Pug took my breath away. I lost my Chui after 13 years together and she was a little black and fawn pug...with attitude and lots of love. Mark's a big dog kind of guy and she stole his heart quick.
Trust your Woobie!

hemi-hampton

That's my 2nd pug. I lost my one eyed pug named Olive at Christmas 1 1/2 years ago. :'(  LEON.

mikepmcs

Magnumcharger

Saw a bee...and it saw me....
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

b5blue

sixty8charger

Jayson

Blown70

Quote from: b5blue on August 26, 2009, 10:10:10 AM
Is that a Super Bee?

Hmmm I did not see the little wheels and enderle style bird catcher on his back?

mauve66

now why would a bee try to catch a bird??????  sometimes i just kill myself
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim