News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The first two new Challengers... PICS!!!

Started by xs29j8Bullitt, April 28, 2007, 08:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xs29j8Bullitt

After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

70charger_boy

absolutely amazing!!! and it has 2 doors woohoo!!!!!!!!!

Charger1970

I noticed it's not a hardtop like the showcar.  :scratchchin:
1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

deputycrawford

The link I clicked on showed me nothing. Can someone send me something I can see. I am interested in the new Challenger.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

TruckDriver

I noticed that too. Looks like the rear quarter windows may be fixed windows.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

deputycrawford

Thank you WI Charger guy. That is too cool. I will try to afford one in the future. Too cool. I have not had a new car excite me in quite awhile. The new Mustang did it for me until I saw that Challenger at the Detroit auto show. I hope they build them with many options like the Mustang. I think it will out sell it if they do.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

Steve P.

WOW.... They did a FANTASTIC job of hiding the rear doors...  :D
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

71ChallengeHer

6pkrunner

As someone stated in the MoParts thread, they look like body panel fitment mules. However, that still is a good sign - depending on when the pictures were taken. Within the last couple of months, great.

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

Brock Samson

can anyone tell me why when i click on the moparts link there are no pictures at all?
and when i then click on the links provided lower in this thread the pics appear about the size of a grain of sand?..  :flame:
i sure would like to drool over them...  ???

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: 6pkrunner on April 29, 2007, 05:44:33 AM
As someone stated in the MoParts thread, they look like body panel fitment mules. However, that still is a good sign - depending on when the pictures were taken. Within the last couple of months, great.

Looks like the pictures were taken in the last ten days... I wonder if Steve V is going to have a baaaaaad Monday.  I hope this "leak" had management approval, but probably did not.  A few interesting things in the background too...

XS
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

Brock Samson

OMG!
WTF!?
:hah: looks like he's been framed!
LOL!

runninhorn

IowaCharger69

Awesome. Gives me a little more hope. The HEMI Challenger is looking like the only car that I'd sell my Charger for.

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: runninhorn on April 29, 2007, 11:25:14 AM
he is gonna get canned.

I'd agree.

I know not many people here give a crap but I can't go running into work with a camera to take pics of the latest and greatest mainframes and publish them... and I wouldn't.   Every year I have to read and sign business conduct guidelines that spell out how many ways I can get fired for doing stupid sh8t like that.

If he hasn't signed those types of agreements then that's different - but highly unlikely.  If it was an official "leak" then so be it.

I do know more than a couple people with the actual means to purchase one are ready and waiting - aside from the dreamers.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

ChargerST

I wonder how the rear bumper will look like on the production challenger vs the concept. Take a look at the concept car - the bumper goes a little inwards (towards the door) under the body line - on the production car there is no such crease. And the bumper support structure sticks out way more on the production car..I hope they don't give the challenger a big fat ugly looking ass aka bumper.

Here the two pics to compare:

CharlieCharger

There gonna actually go through with the challenger? :icon_smile_big:
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

Brock Samson

i see the pic are history, i guess Steve V. is too..   :-\

Mike DC

Yeah, the production car will get changed from the concept car.  They always do, at least to some extent.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--  Those B-pillars are probably gonna be visually hidden behind tinted window glass on the production cars. 
    (Either way, that B-pillar is nothing a sawzall & some frame connectors wouldn't fix!)

-- The production car will probably get big diaper-bumpers.  Modern federal laws make it damn near impossible for cars not to look that way anymore. 

--  They're not gonna line dealerships with Challengers rolling on 18" wheels and 40-series tire sidewalls either.  The new Challys will probably share wheel/tire combo sizes with the production Chargers.

TruckDriver

Quote from: Brock Samson on April 29, 2007, 06:11:48 PM
i see the pic are history, i guess Steve V. is too..   :-\

I still get them to open up Dave.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

cheap

:icon_smile_big: Well i am glad to see some kind of movement on them.. With all of the rumors floating around about possibly canceling the lineup because of the sale of DC,,,maybe we will see them soon.....