News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cool tricks and tips

Started by CharlieCharger, April 27, 2007, 05:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlieCharger

I figured I'd start a thread about every day tips and tricks related to automotive or just every day practical or non-practical use..I got this idea from Chargerfan and Dkn related to a trick used to pull dents out..anybody else think this is a good idea? Please post I think it would be fun.
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

Back N Black

OK here is my tip of the day. Next time you have your timing light hooked up here is a quick way to check your vacuum advance and centrifugal advance.
With your timing light pointing at the timing marks rev the engine up to about 1500 rpm the timing mark should move ,if it does you vacuum advance is working.
Now continue to rev the engine up 2500 to 2800 the timing mark should move again, this is telling you that your centrifugal weights are working,make sense ?

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: for once,..
  a topic that needs to be moved off off topic.
what a great birthday present for our fearless leader!  ;D

CharlieCharger

Quote from: Brock Samson on April 27, 2007, 10:02:41 PM

I posted it in General Discussion.
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

Steve P.

My tip of the year..

If your wife's name is Lisa, don't call her CINDY..    :D
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

pettyfan43

Here's one for most any Automatic Transmissioned Mopar out there with a Torqueflight or any derivative. This includes trucks with the 360 in 02 and diesels through 03. When you start our car or truck, put the e brake on and put it in NEUTRAL! The 727-904 series of trannys DO NOT OIL in park.

On my old cars and my older trucks I had, I start them in neutral, Besides the parking brake needs to be used sometimes anyway!

But you save yourself a LOT of unnecessary wear and tear on your transmission. I Think one of the shift kit setups corrects this.

But it is a sure thing, and it will make your tranny last a LOT longer.

This goes for  AMC's with the Mopar tranny as well.

Troy

Quote from: CharlieCharger on April 28, 2007, 01:03:44 PM

Nope, I moved it. ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

terrible one

Quote from: pettyfan43 on April 28, 2007, 10:57:51 PM
Here's one for most any Automatic Transmissioned Mopar out there with a Torqueflight or any derivative. This includes trucks with the 360 in 02 and diesels through 03. When you start our car or truck, put the e brake on and put it in NEUTRAL! The 727-904 series of trannys DO NOT OIL in park.

On my old cars and my older trucks I had, I start them in neutral, Besides the parking brake needs to be used sometimes anyway!

But you save yourself a LOT of unnecessary wear and tear on your transmission. I Think one of the shift kit setups corrects this.

But it is a sure thing, and it will make your tranny last a LOT longer.

This goes for  AMC's with the Mopar tranny as well.

That's awesome advice man.

CharlieCharger

Quote from: Troy on April 29, 2007, 10:03:39 AM
Quote from: CharlieCharger on April 28, 2007, 01:03:44 PM

Nope, I moved it. ;)

Troy

I must be loosing my mind..I cant even remember where I post  :laugh:  :apimp: Cheers  :yesnod:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Steve P. on April 28, 2007, 10:40:43 PM
My tip of the year..

If your wife's name is Lisa, don't call her CINDY..    :D
its a good thing my wifes name IS Cindy then !!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bordin34

Never lick a chairlift unless you plan on riding it around 5 times.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ