News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Are 3rd gens more popular on this site than the old?

Started by Ghoste, April 27, 2007, 10:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3rd gens seem to get more respect now than before, do you agree?

Well, duh.
41 (82%)
No, they suck and live on the fringe
9 (18%)

Total Members Voted: 50

JR

My favorite has been and will always be the 70 model. Even though, really, it was just a hasty make over to last untl the new 71s came out.
most people today consider the 2nd gens to be the best looking muscle cars ever built. But I think taste has changed since the days they were new. If you look at numbers, the 3rd gens WAAAAYYYY outsold the 1st and 2nd generations. Back in the day, the 71-74s were considered to be rolling artwork. I have a vintage magazine article from 72 that calls them that.  Maybe the sportier looks of the 2nd gens wore on better with the general public.  If you read back on all the road tests back then, the 71-74 models outperformed every single one of their competitors. They were exceptional cars. Also, you guys remember what Richard Petty's most sucessfull and favorite race car was? The 3rd gen Charger.  It was really a better race car too.

I could go on. I'll just finish by saying  while I own to 2nd gen RT's now, the very first car I rode home in from the hospital was a 74 Charger with a Slant 6 and 3 on the tree. I love them all.  I wish I could find a clean 3rd gen slant 6 or 318 Charger to drive daily. The new brand X would be gone.

Also, how easy would it be to have a thread called "Are 4th gens more popular on this site that old?" 
  You know those guys feel left out. All 3 of them atleast. :P
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

andy74

i may be the exception to the rule,but i prefer 71/72 chargers over any others-i just like the look and ride better,and i am always happy to help another charger guy out when i can!as long as it is a 2 door charger(even the 80s econoboxes)i like em!

ACUDANUT

I agree with Troy.  I love to see, and appriciate all Chargers fixed up and saved from the crusher.
BTW...IMO... 2nd Generation is what started it all.  I have both... 2nd and 3rd Gen. Love them all.

Khyron

I'm one of those that came around. grant it I do own a 69 Charger. Thats all I ever looked at, However. being on this site has made me recognize the 3rd gens more. Also being around that 71 Hemi Charger gave me more appreciation toward them as well.

Would I give up my 69 for a later year. no, I don't believe so. But If I had a chance to pick up a 3rd gen for one of my Kids and help them restore it. Yes, yes I believe i would.

to the 3rd gen owners :2thumbs: lets see some more pics ;)

and Troy, stop using all those big words :nana: it slows down my reading ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.