News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 Pull (pics)

Started by SirNik73, April 26, 2007, 08:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirNik73

this is my last post on the topic: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,27742.0.html

OK, i've got it all worked out. my dad is coming down tomorrow with his tuck. i'm going to the junk yard an hour ahead of time so i can get it loose before my dad shows up. I'm trying to make sure i have everything with me before i go to the yard. i have all the tools, I have a section of chain, i need to buy some bolts to go through the chain. i was thinking of bolting the chain up via the intake bolts. i need to know the size of the bolts so i can get some longer grade 8 bolts from the harware store before i go to the yard. what size do i need? (i haven't worked on my chargers engine in a long time and i'm 2 hrs from the car)

what else will i need to get the 440 outta the motorhome? i think the motorhome has had the cab ripped off so it should be easy to pull the engine out of the top. if i have to hake it out the bottom how much trounble is that going to be?
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

SirNik73

I just went to the pick'n'pull and took some quick pics of the engine. i'll be going back and pulling it in a few hours.
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

CharlieCharger

Any luck on the pull as of yet? Updates  :icon_smile_big:
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

Steve P.

I see an engine oil cooler line... ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida