News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I Got A Really Cool Gift Today

Started by 71ChallengeHer, April 25, 2007, 12:10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

71ChallengeHer

There is a very nice old guy that comes into the club almost everyday.  He use to be a salesman for the Dodge Dealership here.  He knows I'm a huge Mopar fan. He told me about this tieclip he got in '69  when he sold 100 cars. And if he ever got rid of it he would give it to me. He came in today and gave me this tieclip. I cried , he is so sweet.

Charger1973

Hey that is pretty cool!  Sounds like a cool guy, you should buy him a beer.   :cheers:

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Charger1973 on April 25, 2007, 12:33:55 AM
Hey that is pretty cool!  Sounds like a cool guy, you should buy him a beer.   :cheers:
I did ;) :cheers:

bordin34

Thats so cool, but do you wear a tie?

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Charger-Bodie

thats awesome and you can wear it on a bikini strap and show it off!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

71ChallengeHer

If you look close you can see 100 right were the RR's feet should be. The 1 is kinda wore off.

70charginglizard

PRETTY AWESOME JACKIE.
WHATS YA GONNA DO WITH IT?
70charginglizard

Charger_Fan

That's pretty cool, very nice of the guy. :)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: 70charginglizard on April 25, 2007, 01:50:52 PM
PRETTY AWESOME JACKIE.
WHATS YA GONNA DO WITH IT?
Well, I'm keeping it , of course. I'd be afraid to wear it, lose it or something. Jerry said he wore it almost everyday for a long time.

bordin34

Did he get anything for 50 or 150?

Mahwah,NJ

Brock Samson

Quote from: 1hot68 on April 25, 2007, 11:12:03 AM
thats awesome and you can wear it on a bikini strap and show it off!!

:scratchchin:  let's just hope he don't offer to affix it, and break something..

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: bordin34 on April 25, 2007, 02:19:22 PM
Did he get anything for 50 or 150?
Good question. I'll ask him. He did say he got a cash bonus, too. When he got the tie clip. He also told me the Driver's Ed cars back then were Barracudas

CharlieCharger

I bet that would be worth something some day..other then sentimental  :yesnod: Nice keepsake
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

bordin34

If it was ever painted like the real roadrunner I would paint it or have it painted and then give it back to him.

Mahwah,NJ

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: bordin34 on April 26, 2007, 08:18:41 AM
If it was ever painted like the real roadrunner I would paint it or have it painted and then give it back to him.
It was never painted. It's just tarnished. And that's a nice thought. Jerry is 85 and his wife passed away last year. He never had any children. And he said he really wanted me to have it.

Skued

This post reminds me of old man my son met outside a grocery store a few years ago.  We had just finished shopping and were walking back to the truck when this old man smile at my son and asked him his name and age.  My son was four at the time and politely answered.  The man asked him if he knew what a submarine was.  My boy said sure. He told my son he was submariner during WWII and hand him a wrapped 1936 Indian nickel and walked away.  That night I wrote down the story and placed the nickel with it.  When he's older I will give it back to him with the story and remind him to thank a vet.

Steve
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Vainglory, Esq.

Good story.  My great uncle served on the "Skate" in WWII.  Before he died, he gave my brother and me an old book that he and his submarine was in.  We won't forget.

71ChallengeHer

I  asked Jerry and he has a collection off tie clips. He got one everytime he sold a certain amount of cars.