News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

took out the 69 for a spin: little cruise story

Started by CB, July 24, 2005, 05:02:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CB

Took out the 69 last night and cleaned her up inside and out. She is a 20 footer but she's complete and has a good and clean interior. I double checked for small bugs since I didn’t drive her much. Everything checked,filled her up with (very expensive) gas, off we ( me and my friend who also loves cars) went for a spin through town. Little test drive, even slide her around a bit  :icon_smile_tongue:

People staring at the Charger, waving, giving thumbs up, even hanged out of the car window to get a closer look and to hear ‘er better :icon_smile_cool: 
After an attention getting tour through town we took her up the big roads.
Man, all I can say is whoa, what a sound and what an acceleration when you floor it at  45 mph !!!
It pulls and keep pulling  :boogie: fun, fun, fun ....

Some miles later I started to get dark so we were heading home but still had time to get a burger.
Parked the 69 in front of the burger house, people sitting on the terras asking Q's about the car, and reffering 'isn't that the car from the DOH '?  ;)

From inside the place that Charger looked sooo cool, man, I love those lines!

Back home I tucked her away in the garage so she is ready today to go to her second US car meet this summer.

1 word:

AWESOME  :drive:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Lostsheep

You talk about lookin at your car and loving those lines. I'm with you there, I'm usually knocking people out of my line of sight so I can stare at my car. I love it!!! :drool5:

clausoe

Sounds like a typical day in a charger, even in norway. I agree, awesome!

Telvis

Plumcrazy

I've owned mine for almost 32 years.  That feeling never goes away. :icon_smile_tongue:

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

69pistolgripRT

Wait till you get to the point where you don't know what to say anymore. :)

If I had a dollar for everytime I said "It's getting there" to someone. I have completely run out of original things to say to people looking at the car.

You'll see soon.

1969 RT 440 Pistol Grip 4-speed

Savannah, Ga

mustanghater

Quote from: Lostsheep on July 24, 2005, 05:40:00 AM
You talk about lookin at your car and loving those lines. I'm with you there, I'm usually knocking people out of my line of sight so I can stare at my car. I love it!!! :drool5:

I'd love my car to if it looked like yours
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Mefirst

I could sit for hours and just look at my ride.. The lines of the body are so timeless and sexy.. And people do notice a Charger.. When you slowly cruise down the street on idle heads will turn and you will get the :2thumbs: When you park it it feels like you ain't even bale to make it out from the car before someone comes over and starts to ask questions about it..

One weird thing that I noticed and always comes up is that -Damn, there have been many Charger owners over time.. and many of these "owners" of course have had Hemi Chargers.. But when you start to ask them more about their rides, they don't seem to remember that much about them..

Its also fun to see, specially Chevy and Ford owners who check out the engine bay always hits their head in the hood catch lock :smilielol:

/Tom

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Ghoste

I tend to be a bit of a night owl and it isn't uncommon for me to wake up in the middle of the night and need to wander around for an hour or so before going back to sleep.  Many, many times I just go into the garage and stare at the car.  Sometimes I just sit behind the wheel.
When I still lived at home, the car (a different one but still a Charger) was usually in the driveway or beside the orchard (grew up on an apple farm) and I would sit on the grass in front of her and just look at the front of the car in the dark.  A little moonlight and the front of those 69's look like they are alive and staring back at you.  Daring you to drive it if you can.

JimShine

Often I will find myself just staring at it, especially when I have it out. Seeing it against other cars makes it look even cooler. Sometimes I feel conceeded gawking at my own car, especially if some other 'cool' car is parked next to it, but I can't help it.

Ghoste

I don't feel conceited so much as possessed by it sometimes.

psykicpup

love the way the Charger turns heads & gets wave & smiles..
.Had one guy parked up next to us in a Ford Fiesta (small car popular this kids who have just passed their test as they're cheap & not to bad on insurance) he was asking all the usual questions, & then he asked about the engine size...any way Hubby pipes up 6.6....the poor kid chokes & then laughs ' mine's 1.1' he spluttered
Got cheers waves & hollers when we pulled away a little later tho  :)
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

Silver R/T

cool story, except DOH part, that would piss me off, I just cant stand when people ask me about my 68 is that DOH car.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Dave68RT

Quote from: Silver R/T on July 24, 2005, 02:56:45 PM
cool story, except DOH part, that would piss me off, I just cant stand when people ask me about my 68 is that DOH car.

ahhh i know i hate that too. last night we were lookin at my car, and a guy walked up that was friends w/ the body/paint man who's doin the work and asked if i was putting the confederate flag and 01 on the side ::) makes me sick..i simply said no.

'68 Charger R/T

RECHRGD

I agree with MeFirst.  There were definitetly more 426 HEMI's made than any other mopar motor back in the day.  Even more than the fairly common 383 and 440 HEMI's.  I've had the Charger on the road now for 6 seasons and have more stories and images stuck in my head than I could ever put on paper.  One that comes to mind now is the guy that actually drive his pickup into a ditch while gaulking at the Charger.  With that thought, I offer a warning;  Be very aware of all cars and trucks around you.  I've almost been hit countless times by cars traveling next to me and while looking at the car or trying to get my attention for a thumbs up or whatever, they turn they're car toward where they're looking.   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

psykicpup

I want to get a spare steering wheel to pretend to throw out the window  :devil: - guy over here cant get used to the Left hand drive thing
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

Dale The Bold

That's something that people who restore cars that aren't good enough to be the star of a TV show don't have to worry about.   Think of it all as a testament to the excellence of the Classic Charger.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

bull

I'm looking forward to the fun involved in taking the Charger out on the streets. Even now it's funny how much attention I get from people when I'm just wearing my Charger T-shirt. What catches me off guard is how it seems I get more comments from young women than any other gender or age group. Just today I went into a store looking to buy a pair of shoes and a young 20-something girl working there started telling me a story about how she and her dad restored a '69 Charger (after she bashed the '06 styling for a while). She said she loved the classic Chargers and that her dad was on the hunt for another one because they sold their restored car and it got wrecked by the new owner. Not long before that a young lady working in a grocery store started telling me a similar story when she saw me in my shirt. I guess young men are too into the ricer crap these days while the young women are more interested in their fathers' opinions on muscle cars, I don't know. It would be interesting to find out why this is. Maybe Jen knows.

69_500

I took the 500 out for a 200 miles cruise yesterday. Talk about just cruising and enjoying the time and scenery. Sure it cost me over $60 to do it, but it was well worth it to me. I could just sit in the garage and stare at the car for hours, and since the wife and kid are gone for this week I just might do that every night this week.

CB

heh heh you guys are right.
I could sit on the back seat and enjoy my car.
Driving is even better.
Charger rules!!!  :drive:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

69_500

i haven't ever rode in the back seat of my Charger. I have yet to let anyone else drive it while i'm in the car. I don't like being a passenger in any car especially my Charger.

Silver R/T

Quote from: Dave68RT on July 24, 2005, 03:09:05 PM

ahhh i know i hate that too. last night we were lookin at my car, and a guy walked up that was friends w/ the body/paint man who's doin the work and asked if i was putting the confederate flag and 01 on the side ::) makes me sick..i simply said no.

nice silver 68 you got
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Ghoste

Silver68, that is one thing I don't miss about having a 2nd gen.  The endless number of rubes telling me to paint it orange and put 01 on the side or asking if it's the same as the Duke's car.

69_500

The DOH comments get old, especially when you have a R4 red car, cause everyone thinks it is orange to begin with.