News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Dodge Charger radiator:

Started by Captain D, April 22, 2007, 03:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain D

I totally agree with you my friend. Even though I'm a detailed minded person w/ my Charger, the only thing that kinda leaned me towards the aluminum radiators is the lightweight n' coolant abilities. However, I'm still shopping around for stock as well   ;)...

High regards,
Aaron

ps- If anybody knows where I may find a new 69' or 70' Charger radiator that has the input/output holes for the drivers' side only for a 383 block motor, auto, v-8, I'd love to hear about it. I have a few places that I may call, such as US Radiator, but if anybody knows of a particular place w/ reasonable prices, please feel free to drop me a line. Thanks!

mikepmcs

Crap, forgot to post the pics like i said I would.  here is that little mounting hole i'm talking about. :icon_smile_big:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: mikepmcs on April 27, 2007, 06:59:04 AM
Crap, forgot to post the pics like i said I would.  here is that little mounting hole i'm talking about. :icon_smile_big:

v/r
Mike

yes sir mike that would be a 70 style radiator!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Just 6T9 CHGR

There should be a J-nut clip attached to there to accept the bolt that holds on the shroud
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

justin1987

Quote from: Captain D on April 26, 2007, 01:30:58 PM
Has anyone had any experience with this aluminum radiator:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300102467936

I wrote to the seller and they don't have any stock shrouds, only ones with the electric fans (which, I'm assuming are a lot more $$ than the basic stock shrouds). If I were to go this route, does anybody know where I can get a basic/stock shroud to go with this?

After all said and done, I'm probably gonna be paying as much for this as I would with a 70' Charger Radiator + shroud for my 69' Charger (or go w/ a custom radiator for my 69' Charger).

Thanks for any replies,
Aaron

You can get that exact same radiator from Summitt Racing for $269 plus shipping. We just got ours from them yesterday. Also, www.partzfinder.com has 10 inch fans for $30 a piece.