News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird on Gearz on ESPN2 Saturday

Started by nitrometal, April 25, 2007, 04:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitrometal

Hey, have you guys seen a new show on ESPN2 called "Gearz"?  The host is Stacy David (he used to host a show called "Trucks"). 

Anyway, he has an beautiful orange Superbird parked in the shop.  It's very distracting because I want to see more of that car!!!  :P
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

69_500

I haven't seen it yet, but now that you mention that there is a Superbird in the program I'll be sure to tune in.
I used to watch TRUCKS all the time. Its still on Saturday mornings I think

Bandit4142

That's cool.   My wife used to watch "Trucks" constantly until Stacy left...   Now she could care less, I'll bet Gearz starts being watched if he's the host! 
1969 Charger - 383 mag auto - Sold and sorely missed.
1970 Charger R/T - 440 mag - sold
1969 Super Bee - 383 mag auto - sold
1969 Cornet R/T - 383 mag 4 spd - sold

daytonalo

nitrometal

Quote from: daytonalo on April 26, 2007, 03:36:34 AM
What time is it on

Saturday @ 11:00 a.m. E.S.T.  (10:00 central where I'm at).  I think it repeats during the week but I'm not sure of the time.  The project he's working on now is shoehorning a 600 hp Ford V8 in a Mazda Miata to make a poor man's Shelby Cobra.  There's an outfit called Monster Miata that makes a, pretty much, bolt in kit to do it.  I must admit that I would love to drive that car!

:drive:

The first project he did was one of those 8-wheel ATV's from the 70's.  I think the Banana Splits used to drive one of those.  I didn't find that one very interesting but at least he's entertaining.

nitrometal

I just saw todays episode and he said in next weeks show he's gonna take that orange Superbird out for a ride!

The previews showed him doing a massive burnout in the parking lot!!!   :drive:

I'll try to remind everyone Friday night to tune in on Saturday.

CharlieCharger

I wish they hadn't made him leave trucks..I saw a recent episode where he made that little ATV..with a snowmobile engine ..I forgot the name of the atv but they used to make them
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

nitrometal

Hey Guys,

Don't forget that tomorrow, Saturday May 5 @ 11:00 a.m. E.S.T.  (10:00 central), Gearz on ESPN2 will have a Superbird as the feature car.
Stacey David was doing a massive burnout with it in the preview.

Enjoy

nitrometal

Sorry everyone  :-\

I just looked at the schedule and I was wrong about the air time.

This week it's on Sunday 1:00 p.m. EST (noon central)

onemintcaddy

How Meany can say, They drive there 401-K

CharlieCharger

Yeah I saw it..He sure was tearing the tires up.. :yesnod:
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

WINGR

Saw the show and wanted to give Nitrometal a big thanks for letting us know about it.

During the show it almost seemed like they purposly didn't mention the Daytona. It seems to me that when doing coverage on Wing cars they will usually mention the other. Oh well, still enjoyed it.

Thanks,

WINGR

oldcarnut

Old post but thought Id add the video I saw tonight of him roasting the tires on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzwliGJcjnM&feature=relmfu

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

A383Wing

Cool video..it's even got pics of the #7 'Bird as well

Bryan

moparstuart

stacy just 2 months ago checking out my car at a car show here in KC 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

dreamcatcher

Stuart...you have all the luck  :brickwall: The guy is my hero...he is putting a 500+ Boss ( engine in a cougar on one show...800+ HP...Would like to meet him one time...He is a great host on any car show.
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

moparstuart

Quote from: dreamcatcher on December 12, 2011, 10:12:26 PM
Stuart...you have all the luck  :brickwall: The guy is my hero...he is putting a 500+ Boss ( engine in a cougar on one show...800+ HP...Would like to meet him one time...He is a great host on any car show.
he was doing a tone of talking about his cougar , that is going to be his personal car and he said the shop they work in is his personal shop .   :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Budnicks

I met him at the LA Roadster show a couple years ago, nice guy... I love the show he is a great fab guy & does most all the work himself, I don't care for his taste in air cleaners & those sort of little things, but has a great show with quality cars... I believe he owns his own production company also...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks