News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WTH?? How does gas go from $3.12 to $3.21 in an hour?

Started by bull, April 24, 2007, 11:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

So I drive past the Shell station near my house at about 8 pm and it's $3.12/gal. for regular and I drive past it again going home at 9:15 pm and it's gone up $.09/gal.? How does that work? I'm getting sick of this BS.

Vainglory, Esq.

Here's how it happened.

The proprietor of the Shell station in question raised the price by 9 cents.  It probably took him less than an hour.

There is no step 2.

Old Moparz

Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on April 24, 2007, 11:42:21 PM
Here's how it happened.

The proprietor of the Shell station in question raised the price by 9 cents. It probably took him less than an hour.

There is no step 2.

:rofl:

Or, maybe it was one week & one hour. A friend of mine had that happen to him once after a party he doesn't remember.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: bull on April 24, 2007, 11:27:30 PM
So I drive past the Shell station near my house at about 8 pm and it's $3.12/gal. for regular and I drive past it again going home at 9:15 pm and it's gone up $.09/gal.? How does that work? I'm getting sick of this BS.

You can thank Bush for this. :rotz:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Todd Wilson

Here's how it happened.

The proprietor of the Shell station in question raised the price by 9 cents.  It probably took him less than an hour.

There is no step 2.

YUP!  But the gas in the  station storage tank was still produced with a certain cost at a certian time. That gas isnt costing more to produce! So its BS when they raise the prices like that!

Todd

pettyfan43

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on April 24, 2007, 11:49:08 PM

You can thank Bush for this. :rotz:

Bush doesn't own an oil company, ALL of the oil companies are doing this, it's called GREED. The spiked the prices after the hurricane, It was their big excuse for busting that 3 dollar cap, And then coincidentally (YEP that's sarcasm) they recorded record profits for that same time period.
Now it's everything from the war in the middle east to the fact that the big guys secretary had beans for lunch and got gassy afterward.

Any and every excuse and it ain't just one oil company. It's greedy oil company executives that can retire with a 44 million dollar golden parachute.
They all do it and they've got us right now and apparently there is no way to stop it.

Brock Samson

bull

Here's how it happened.

There is no step 2.

I see that college edumacation is finally starting to pay off.

Lowprofile

He made it Happen.  :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

TruckDriver

They raised the prices in that time because the oil tycoons gave themselves a raise. Either that, or they heard the Walmart made more then the oil companies in the last quarter and are back on top of the money making companies.  ::)   

We will be paying $6 or $7 dollars a gallon pretty soon, and people will just nothing but complain and keep buying it like always. That is why the oil companies get away with it. They control the worlds economy's, and they know it. If this was any other item that we could buy, they wouldn't sell much of it because the price is to high, and would eventually go out of business. People don't realize that it is driving the prices of everything else through the roof like groceries cause it happens slower. I am paying double now for groceries then I was last year at this time. I don't eat much, and I'm paying average of $80.00 a week on food which for me is insane.  :P
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

my69

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on April 25, 2007, 06:00:43 AM
They raised the prices in that time because the oil tycoons gave themselves a raise. Either that, or they heard the Walmart made more then the oil companies in the last quarter and are back on top of the money making companies.  ::)   

We will be paying $6 or $7 dollars a gallon pretty soon, and people will just nothing but complain and keep buying it like always. That is why the oil companies get away with it. They control the worlds economy's, and they know it. If this was any other item that we could buy, they wouldn't sell much of it because the price is to high, and would eventually go out of business. People don't realize that it is driving the prices of everything else through the roof like groceries cause it happens slower. I am paying double now for groceries then I was last year at this time. I don't eat much, and I'm paying average of $80.00 a week on food which for me is insane.  :P

BINGO You got er fiugered out I glad I'm not the only one thinking this! ::) And Like I mentioned before Whoever is behind all of this wants this country to fall on it's knees.

hemihead

Yes , we are all to blame for this. From the greedy Oil companies right down to the Soccer Mom who can't live without that big SUV.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Bones68charger

How about the fact that we don't have enough refineries to process the oil? Or the fact that a billion Chinese discovered the car......There are a lot of reasons why gas is $$$ now.....and I am not happy about any reason...I have to drive +70 miles a day to go to work...

charger490

i was a driver for an oil company and have to get paid by you people that buy the gas.keep up the good work. lol if you guys want to save 5% on your gas purshaces get a  DISCOVER gas credit card and use it.if gas is 3.00 a gal. that is 15cents you save. of course you have to payoff your card every month.

Chargen69

BTW, how come walmart doesnt open a refinery and start saving the american people, they were able to mess with drug prices

what I mean is it would sure be a image booster if a donald trump or wal-mart took it upon themselves to make a difference 

bordin34

There actually are gas stations at some wal-mart and it usually is about 5 cents cheaper. An owner of a Sunoco station told me he has no control over the price of gas the corporation e-mails him and tells him when to raise/lower the price. He said that it had to go up 3 cents tomorrow because he got an e-mail from them.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

PocketThunder

Gasoline usually goes up (or down) in price about 10 cents at a time.  Did you expect it to go up 1 penny at a time?  If so the gas station attendant will spend more time running back outside with the long pole and the numbers to change the price.  Thus being inefficient. :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

NYCMille

Dude, I filled the Charger at a cost of $3.43per/gallon yesterday... ugh...

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: NYCMille on April 25, 2007, 10:00:12 AM
Dude, I filled the Charger at a cost of $3.43per/gallon yesterday... ugh...

There goes all that Bullrun prize money! :o

BBD

HITMAN 149

68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Ponch ®

Here's how it happened.

There is no step 2.

no, here's how it happened. A short little indian guy comes out holding a pole with a suction cup at one end, then he uses the suction cup to take down the old number from the priceboard, and puts up the new number. I seen em do it, and it takes them less than 10 minutes.  :yesnod:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Ponch ® on April 25, 2007, 12:54:24 PM
Here's how it happened.

There is no step 2.

no, here's how it happened. A short little indian guy comes out holding a pole with a suction cup at one end, then he uses the suction cup to take down the old number from the priceboard, and puts up the new number. I seen em do it, and it takes them less than 10 minutes.  :yesnod:
I've seen the same thing here...but it was a messican. :icon_smile_tongue:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Brock Samson

and he works for a union and makes $30.oo an hour too..  :yesnod:

PocketThunder

Quote from: Brock Samson on April 25, 2007, 02:23:47 PM
and he works for a union and makes $30.oo an hour too..  :yesnod:

But now we are getting digital price signs, so the employee sits at a desk and changes the price from inside.  Or GW does it from the WH... hahahah  j/k 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

CharlieCharger

They took that suction cup device and changed the numbers  :rofl:
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

69Coronet

golly now i feel lucky to only have to pay 2.79 a gallon
Its no disgrace being poor.  Its just inconvienient.

69_500

I was going to say I was complaining about paying $2.84 just the other day. Guess I'll keep my complaints to myself.

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: bull on April 25, 2007, 01:05:54 AM
Here's how it happened.

There is no step 2.

Mean 318

I know it doesn't even put a dent in the problem, but I will be doing a lot less driving this summer. Not because I am so poor I cant afford to drive, but because I would rather spend my hard earned money on myself! Not fill there pockets! If we all start doing it, gas will go down! Thats the way it works. People will get fed up with it all, start driving smaller more efficient cars, driving less, using electricity more efficiently, and they will be forced into lowering the prices back down to a reasonable price. It is a combination of the oil companies and the oil cartells. IMO the government needs to put their foot down with the oil companies! Sher they can try and break up Microsoft because of his "evil monopoly" just my $.02

bull

BTW, the same station I created this thread about bumped its price of regular to $3.29 on April 25th so that's a $.17/gal. increase in a 24-hour period.

bull

Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on April 26, 2007, 11:21:41 PM
Here's how it happened.

There is no step 2.

Oh jeez, now you misspelled edumacation on that poster. :rotz: :D

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: bull on April 26, 2007, 11:53:04 PM
Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on April 26, 2007, 11:21:41 PM
Here's how it happened.

There is no step 2.

Oh jeez, now you misspelled edumacation on that poster. :rotz: :D

I didn't put together the photoshop.  Buuuuuuut...  I went to college so clearly I wouldn't have misspelled edumacation had it actually been me. :P

bull

Well, I guess a word that doesn't exist can't really be misspelled, can it?

Vainglory, Esq.

The70RT

We just need to take Iraqs oil for the billions of dollars we are spending on them. Maybe it would drop a few cents then!!!
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us