News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is this real or is it hlpag posing as a dukeboy?

Started by 70charger_boy, April 24, 2007, 08:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

Quote from: Ghoste on May 04, 2007, 05:41:43 PM
And how do you make 10 million in disposable income selling knives on the internet?  This is just too wierd.

We learned in the near past from Fifthforcon that you can make $30,000 selling purses...  :o
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

The70RT

Does anyone know where this ranks on all time highest price for a car or at least a Charger? I wonder if the sale will actually go through...that's a lot of beans.  What is it they say?.......5% of the population has 90% of the $.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ghoste

As far as Chargers go, I think you can be 100% safe in stating that it is the highest price paid for any Charger to date.  By a huge margin.  Without question fo' sho word unquestionably no doubt 100% certain!
I'll be surprised if any Mopars have exceeded it.

Mike DC

Oh, it's way over any other Mopar price.  And any musclecar of any sort.

This $10 million dollar General Lee is now the 2nd-most-expensive automobile in history. 
The highest was $11 million for a rare 1931 Bugatti during the 1980s.

(Sure makes me feel better about overpaying for Charger & GL stuff over the years!)

70charger_boy

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on May 05, 2007, 09:35:01 AM

(Sure makes me feel better about overpaying for Charger & GL stuff over the years!)

You took the words right out of my mouth

JimShine

Why is it so hard to believe? I am skeptical too, but lets face it, we live in a world where there are million dollar guitars out there. We live in a society that loves to collect and these days collectables outperform most other investments. It only takes 2 people with deep pockets that want a car like this bad enough to jack the price up.

Mike DC

I'm not surprised that people's desire for THE General Lee could stir up $10 million bucks overall.  But I'm kinda surprised that one single orange Charger pulled it off. 

There have been so many different GLs over the last 29 years.  Georgia cars, Cali cars, movie cars, closeup cars, stunt cars, wrecked cars, WB publicity cars, famous-owner replicas  . . . The "sought-after" and "real" status of GLs is spread out all over dozens of different cars.  (And that's just counting the ones that still exist.)

JimShine

That makes me think of something else. If the car does sell, is it most desireable in its current configuration? John's car has had a few paint jobs over the years and many different decal sets (it now carries a set Travis made). On the show used cars we know what it should look like. Does this car have a 'pass' to be redone as needed?

Mike DC

I don't know.  Good question.  Maybe it just depends on what version of the car that the (new) owner was attracted to.

Either way, JS's car does seem to have nailed the most desired details for the car to wear these days.  Hemi motor, Saddle tan interior, wide pushbar, rollbar-but-not-a-full-cage, black padding on the bars, 15-inch Vectors, etc.

FastbackJon

Maybe the guy doesn't care about John Scheider at all, and maybe he bought the car new and regretted selling it, so maybe he will restore it back to stock condition?? lol
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Brock Samson

in celebration i was out last night hammering hard on my parade float all over town!
chirping the tires, clearing out the lanes ahead, hearing rebel yells and setting off those car alarms,.. and  i couldn't help thinking :scratchchin: ... if that ones worth that much then mine is worth at least half as much...  :D

I'm RICH!!!

Ghoste

Just think how poor Bill Wieman must feel.  All these years he's been setting what had heretofore been astonishing record prices for those silly 71 HemiCuda 'verts and overnight, they are non-stories.  Now he has to move and move fast to unload those undesirables and get in on the General Lee game or be left behind.  There are millions and millions of dollars at stake and only tens of thousands of 69 Chargers to pick from.  (okay, so the world famous thespian John Schneider hasn't owned all of them but still...)

BB1

Oh lord...  :rotz:

Maybe Bullitt cars can hit the 1/2 Mill mark.
Delete my profile

70charger_boy

FastbackJon

"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

BMOTOXSTAR

What the F---K? The same thing happended to me. I had the famous "BMOTOXSTAR" 90' Honda Accord winter beater on E-Bay last week & it sold for $900! The a-hole winning bidder backed out of the deal & now I am mad. :flame:
I will  never try to sell another car on E-Bay again. :yesnod:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

SeattleCharger

Quote from: 70charger_boy on May 08, 2007, 08:36:44 PM
Poor John Schneider, turns out the high bidder was a scammer.  Look at the feedback John left him
http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=fishbashr1&myWorld=true

bummer.   The lame fake bidder had his fifteen minutes of fame I guess, got on CNN   :icon_smile_evil:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

ramit

It looks like somebody went and bought a few things from the non paying bidder just they could leave him negative feedback. :rofl:

hemi-hampton

Hanging is to good for that Deadbeat, I say drag him behind the General Lee in the 1/4 mile at the strip.

Charger1973

Pretty messed up they would screw up his auction like that just for kicks.   :rotz:

Charger_Fan

The good 'ol eGouge system strikes again, where it doesn't matter the amount of the item, people can still screw it up for the seller. :icon_smile_dissapprove:

I hope the guy ends up spending a fortune trying to bail himself out of this mess. :icon_smile_evil:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Ghoste

Interesting that Schneider points out the winning bid was only the winner by 100 dollars.  Of course, whatever you get from that won't be nearly as profound as the comment from Gitardan at the link above.  Ole Dan wouldn't give you a 100 dollars for any Mopar.  My first guess would be that he doesn't see 100 dollars all together in one place a whole lot, but he doesn apparently have a computer so who knows?

The70RT

Why don't he sell it to the next highest bidder? I bet most bidders were scammers though anyway .....at that rediculous price
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hemi-hampton

Looks like the Deadbeat Bidder changed his ebay name & had all those Negative feedbacks eliminated. Must have a Lynch Mob harrassing him, If not he should. :RantExplode: :flame: :icon_smile_angry: :rant: