News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is this real or is it hlpag posing as a dukeboy?

Started by 70charger_boy, April 24, 2007, 08:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charger_boy

This story gets even better cause there is another general lee for sale that claims to be one of the 17 warner bros cars from the show.  Staring bid is a cool $150,000... Gadzooks.  Is it real, I wonder?

Skyview69

70charginglizard

http://www.cnn.com/2007/AUTOS/05/04/general_lee_ebay_record/index.html

Just under 10 Mil! Jeeze!

Boe it probably laughin his ass off on his way to the bank right now.

Sucker!
70charginglizard

GeneralLeeTESH

Hurry JOHN-call Gene Simmons....he sells his "Family Jewels" show/memorabilia !!!
Maybe them Luedtke boys can build a General Kissmobile !!!
The TESH

bordin34

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

70kracken

it says it sold for 9.9 mill.  i don't believe it, no way
RELEASE THE KRACKEN

Aero426

There's no way there's real money on that car.   

Ghoste

I don't buy it either.  As much as I love Chargers, it just isn't that special.  John isn't exactly a dead Oscar winner either so the celebrity factor is pretty limited here.  If it's a real sale I hope the guy still has some money left cuz I have a whole bunch of stuff I can sell him for way cheaper than that.

scottmiller

Here is the article on CNN.  Almost 10 million bucks.  Its legit.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/AUTOS/05/04/general_lee_ebay_record/index.html

I take back everything I have ever said or thought about people restoring General Lee's.  My car is ready for paint in the next couple of weeks... maybe I should make 'er orange!  I am seriously considering it.  The kids need a college fund.

I am in shock!

Scott

Hemidog

You could customize a Charger to the wildest car you've ever seen, and it still wouldnt cost $10mill. :o

BigBlackDodge

Looks like a DOH fan has won the lottery at some point along the line.

BBD

chargerboy69

Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

SeattleCharger

I can't  f#%i%#   believe that!!    :scared:   That is truly amazing.  I am really glad though, love it.  Almost ten million dollars, well with tax it is,  for a Charger.  Haha, that is awesome!!

1969 Dodge Charger   $9,900,500.00           Yee haa!!!      

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

hemigeno

Just from the winning bidder's eBay information (available online through a few clicks of the mouse) I found out this:

Name:  William Fisher

Quote from: eBay

What everyone should know about me:
My name is William Fisher and I own my own home business. My business is dedicated to bringing the everday home consumer quality premium name brand products to their doorsteps in a timely manner.

Things I sell:
Sporting goods, such as Case xx Knives, Browning, Remington, Weatherby, Kershaw, Gerber, and military surplus gear. Motorsports gear to include: Frame-sliders, helmets, chains, leathers, and much more!

Things I buy:
Rare Collectable Knives

Things I collect:
Knives!

Languages spoken:
English, Spanish

Interests

Hobbies
Hunting, Fishing, Street-Bike Racing, Golf, Bowling

Favorite Books
Quantum Reality, anything to do with Physics, hunting, or fishing!

Favorite Movies
BORAT

Favorite Music/Bands
Van Halen, Led Zepplin, Lynyryd skynyrd, and all good classic rock!

Favorite TV Shows
The history channel, or outdoor network

USMC
I served 4 honerable years in the US marine corps

Business Information

History/background
I am currently founding 2 businesses: Thrill Racing and Knife collectors.com

No mention of cars, or Dukes of Hazzard, and the "Thrill Racing" I found on the internet sells motorcycle garb.

Smells like a shill to me, but what do I know??   :shruggy:

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: how can Borat be your favorite movie?..  :shruggy:

70charger_boy

Quote from: chargerboy69 on May 04, 2007, 05:21:45 PM
If you missed this 10 million General Lee auction, there is always this little gem. . . .Sh!t will buff out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-DODGE-CHARGER-GENERAL-LEE-REPLICA-DUKES-OF-HAZZARD_W0QQitemZ230123402769QQihZ013QQcategoryZ39405QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

lol yeah all i need is a quart of simple green and some por 15 and 20 minutes and it will look amazing!!

Ghoste

And how do you make 10 million in disposable income selling knives on the internet?  This is just too wierd.

FastbackJon

"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Dave22443

I hope its true!  Maybe THIS will finally get them to stop crashing CHARGERS!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Ghoste

Whether it's true or not, if CNN has broadcast it as true, then every knucklehead with a rusted parts car is now going to want 50 or 60 thousand for them.  :D

BMOTOXSTAR

Man,
  I am glad that I like 3rd gens. Looks like I will never be able to afford a GL clone now. :rotz:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

70charger_boy

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on May 04, 2007, 08:02:03 PM
Man,
  I am glad that I like 3rd gens. Looks like I will never be able to afford a GL clone now. :rotz:

Don't give up on owning a 2nd gen......never  give up on owning a 2nd gen........

BMOTOXSTAR

I would even settle for a 2nd gen with a 318 and bench seat. :yesnod:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Dave22443

Prices keep going like that and I might be willing to sell you mine!

Nah....  :D

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln