News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is this real or is it hlpag posing as a dukeboy?

Started by 70charger_boy, April 24, 2007, 08:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger1973

70charger_boy

JimShine

Look at the bid history. Someone (or many people) bid it up under hacked accounts to $6 Mil in a very short period of time. eBay had him change it over to an approval type bidding and they are kicking off the bogus bids.

Rack

Aero426

Quote from: Rack on May 01, 2007, 08:20:32 PM
Quote from: RD on May 01, 2007, 08:00:54 PM
its at $2,302,100...  :o

:o

Daaaaaaamn.

Hate to tell ya, but that's not real money on that car.    That bid will back pedal.

BB1

Quick, everyone build a GL, you might get $1,000,005.00; just say John sat in it once.  :D
Delete my profile

The70RT

And just think...........we all thought a half mil was high!
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Arkgl01

I have his old motor in my car, he signed a letter about it and everything... mabey I can get 250,000 for it? lol something is fishy here if you ask me...

WWW.LOSTGENERALLEE.COM

Mark
69 440 RT matching.. mostly original!

chargerboy69

Now it is up to over 2,000,000 dollars. Something is going on with that auction.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

The70RT

Quote from: JimShine on April 25, 2007, 11:24:30 PM
Quote from: jasonfromIKILLYA on April 25, 2007, 09:12:54 AM
Here's the most important part of that ad: "One more detail, there is an article coming out in a major car magazine where this car is compared and raced against the Starsky and Hutch car, and the Batmobile. Guess who won?"  That's awesome!  I can't wait to see that article!

Hot Rod. Not sure when it will be out. I wasn't happy with the driver they had run the cars (was more of a modern car driver and less experienced with old cars). I met some great people at that shoot.

John has always sold stuff like t-shirts and stuff. He isn't as wealthy as many assume (in the 80's hit TV shows didn't pay like they started paying in thje 90's). He isn't hurting though.

Yeah I would say he shouldn't be hurting after this.............I doubt if too many tee shirts show up after this. The person who buys the car probably will...especially if he's married...concidering a male winner...........did i say winner?.........I mean payer :laugh:

JimShine

The auctions publicity has also boosted his sales on small goods. This has become an unplanned windfall for him. Take it for what its worth, but we have been told the current bid is legit.

jmeekins33

I hope it is legit.  If so then we can watch out for Collier and Co 2. 

-Jason M

Mike DC

This is amazing.  I'm sure the car's sentimental to him, but for $2 million I'd be selling it too. 

It wouldn't take more than $50-70K for him to build another copy of it, even paying top-end shops to do all the labor.

70charger_boy

The f300 concept car on barrett-jackson went for 3 million and it was a 1 of 1 car.  How can someone justify spending 2 million on this one.  Don't get me wrong I love the general Lee, but come on.

The70RT

Quote from: JimShine on May 03, 2007, 12:58:09 AM
The auctions publicity has also boosted his sales on small goods. This has become an unplanned windfall for him. Take it for what its worth, but we have been told the current bid is legit.

It went down some now ????

Neal_J

Try $9 million now.   Can't be real.  Right?

Neal

JimShine

There looks to have been a few bogus bids made in the past half hour.

Neal_J

Per the auction, bidders must be pre-approved by the seller.  How can bids be bogus then?

Neal

jasonfromIKILLYA

Quote from: Neal_J on May 04, 2007, 08:54:02 AM
Per the auction, bidders must be pre-approved by the seller.  How can bids be bogus then?

Neal

yeah, 9 mill, and it seems legit.  crazy!!
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

Arkgl01

Ya I think the whole thing was a big advertisement for his new movie...and it worked!
69 440 RT matching.. mostly original!

SeattleCharger

If it sells for 9,000,000.00, that's gotta be some kind of record.  I bet the value of Chargers would go up, wouldn't you think?   :D

I got the impression the ebay ad is a way to get people to read about some new films coming out,  free advertising.  That's all.  The auction will fail, saying it was effected by a few bad people, but now a lot of people know about the new films, no harm done.

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Todd Wilson

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on May 04, 2007, 09:39:20 AM
If it sells for 9,000,000.00, that's gotta be some kind of record.  I bet the value of Chargers would go up, wouldn't you think?   :D

Frankie's price just went up!!!!!!!!!              :icon_smile_tongue:

Todd

Hemidog

40 minutes left, and almost $10 mill.....  i would really want to know if the bidder actually pays..

Bandit72

Quote from: Hemidog on May 04, 2007, 11:21:42 AM
40 minutes left, and almost $10 mill.....  i would really want to know if the bidder actually pays..

the winning bidder has 98% positive feeback....
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

lumpy

Seems like a legit bidder, even has his own Ebay store :thumbs: I still don't beleive it though.