News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is this real or is it hlpag posing as a dukeboy?

Started by 70charger_boy, April 24, 2007, 08:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramit

I am pretty sure that is the real deal.  That is John's ebay user I.D.

70charger_boy

wow, so you think he's gonna get 500 grand for that?

LargerCharger383

Quote from: 70charger_boy on April 24, 2007, 08:38:44 PM
wow, so you think he's gonna get 500 grand for that?

how many multi-millionaires are huge fans of DOH? who knows...  I'm surprised it didn't go to a barret jackson type auction though...

JR

That's really him. There's alot of history with him and that car.  He's a great guy, but there's one thing that bugs me from that sale. If I was paid a half a million dollars for a 69 Dodge, I'd atleast give the buyer free shipping.

He's a great guy though, I got to meet him when he came down here to promote collier and Co. Maybe he's trying to make some money back from that movie. The night I went, all the procedes from the ticket sales went to a local high school that was destroyed by a tornado in Enterprise.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

BMOTOXSTAR

That is the real snizzy. I remember about 10 years ago back in 97' ish, a local here in Ohio bought one of his personal General's. He had them for sale in the Classic Car Auto Trader back then. I will never forget that. I think they were going for $100,000 back then.
It was 97' or 98' cause' he was at the nationals that year. I have his autograph !  :yesnod:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Mike DC

Well, nobody can accuse John Schneider of slamming the car together just to flip it.  It's been his personal pride & joy for the last 8-9 years. 
But it's probably worth a lot more as "John Schneider's GL" than what it would cost to duplicate, so I suspect that's the primary reason for the sale. 

It was never an original TV-series GL.  Although in 2000, it was used as the main "closeup" car in the "DOH Reunion/Hollywood" TV-movie.  (The last DOH production with the original actors.) 

The car is really well done.  Built from a no-rust Arizona '69 Charger with a Saddle Tan interior.  John Aruzza-built 511 Hemi, 727 & Gear Vendors OD, Dana 60, Hotchkiss sway bars, disc brakes, etc.  I think the motor dyno'd at something like 700 hp.

Charger1973

Wow, now THATS the General to have.  Too bad I dont have a spare half-mil laying around.   :brickwall:

JimShine

That is a fun car. We had it for a few days back in December to do a Hot Rod Magazine article that still hasn't hit the shelves. I had to get the car looking good for the photo shoot, which was tough as the car is really a race car rather than a show car. Trim and pieces were in the trunk. I put everything back together best I could (some stuff just was deleted or missing, but again, it is a racer). Travis Bell and I made and applied the decals in the Bo's General Lee theme graphics (remember this was after he removed all the decals for the Collier and Co movie). He loved our version of those graphics so much that he left them on. Unfortunately, the photographers removed the K&N sticker from the windshield seen through the movie.

My guess is this auction may be serving a dual purpose. To test the waters and to help promote the movie.

Shakey

Is he hurtin' for cash?   :shruggy:

I was looking at his feedback and see he his selling signed t-shirts and a jacket, a purse and some other stuff.   :scratchchin:

There is one buyer, Phyllis something or other that seems to be snapping up all of the John memorobilia, from him and from others.

Perhaps she is a potential stalker?   :D

chargerboy69

That would be a great car to have. . . . Now if I could only find where I put that extra $500,000.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

jasonfromIKILLYA

Here's the most important part of that ad: "One more detail, there is an article coming out in a major car magazine where this car is compared and raced against the Starsky and Hutch car, and the Batmobile. Guess who won?"  That's awesome!  I can't wait to see that article!
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

TUFCAT

HITMAN 149

also...
not for notin... but for 500 big ones...you think he would of at least had a console car?!?!?! NO????::)
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

The70RT

Quote from: Shakey on April 25, 2007, 06:36:53 AM
Is he hurtin' for cash?   :shruggy:

I was looking at his feedback and see he his selling signed t-shirts and a jacket, a purse and some other stuff.   :scratchchin:

There is one buyer, Phyllis something or other that seems to be snapping up all of the John memorobilia, from him and from others.

Perhaps she is a potential stalker?   :D

Really. If he has time to list petty stuff he must need the cash............I wouldn't sell it.   
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Charger1973

If he wanted to sell it, I think he should have added that the winning bidder could have their pictures taken with him and go for a ride with him in it.  For $500,000 its the least he could do, and I bet it would help the sale to some die hard Dukes fan. 

Dave22443

I thought real General's didn't have marker lights?   :D

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

JimShine

Quote from: jasonfromIKILLYA on April 25, 2007, 09:12:54 AM
Here's the most important part of that ad: "One more detail, there is an article coming out in a major car magazine where this car is compared and raced against the Starsky and Hutch car, and the Batmobile. Guess who won?"  That's awesome!  I can't wait to see that article!

Hot Rod. Not sure when it will be out. I wasn't happy with the driver they had run the cars (was more of a modern car driver and less experienced with old cars). I met some great people at that shoot.

John has always sold stuff like t-shirts and stuff. He isn't as wealthy as many assume (in the 80's hit TV shows didn't pay like they started paying in thje 90's). He isn't hurting though.

jasonfromIKILLYA

Quote from: JimShine on April 25, 2007, 11:24:30 PM

John has always sold stuff like t-shirts and stuff. He isn't as wealthy as many assume (in the 80's hit TV shows didn't pay like they started paying in thje 90's). He isn't hurting though.

not surprising.  He should get a good lawyer and renegotiate some of that stuff.  or realisticly, he should have about 2 years ago.  oh well.....
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

chargerboy69

Quote from: JimShine on April 25, 2007, 11:24:30 PM
Quote from: jasonfromIKILLYA on April 25, 2007, 09:12:54 AM

I was surprised to read that. I assumed he was very well off. I saw a special on him a year or two ago, and the interview was in his house. It was a huge house, just a absolutely beautiful home.

I was very fortunate enough to meet him a couple years back. Just one of the nicest guys you could ever meet.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

JimShine

He is doing well. I don't see where I said otherwise. People just assume he has more. Same goes for most celebs. Most don't have the bucks the fans think they have.

blackcharger

just like al the TV stars of the '50s & '60s didn't have the royalties like stars do now. And the movie stars of old sure didn't get millions for one movie. Why shouldn't John cash in on himself, he's the one that did the work.

Mike DC

M.C. Hammer made something like $30 million bucks in 1989-1991 era, and yet he was flat broke less than 5 years later.  Celebrity incomes are often huge in short bursts, but it still takes effort & restraint for them to stay wealthy for the long haul. 

It's even more true about sports stars.  They only have about 10-15 years to make the big money, and the first 5 years are usually spent just proving that they're good enough to justify it.

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander