News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stainless Headers - XV Motorsports

Started by dqhemi, April 25, 2007, 03:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dqhemi

We've just got the first production batches of our stainless headers in. I'm really pleased with how these turned out. We're doing matching 3" stainless exhaust with polished stainless mufflers a well. I'll have pics of that installed next week.

Here's the details and some pics:

Ready to make serious horsepower these long tube, equal length headers in beautiful 409 Stainless Steel are an XV Motorsports exclusive.

We've designed some great features into our headers that were pretty important to us for our builds and we're sure others will appreciate as well.

All of our headers feature an O2 sensor bung, so if you're running EFI these are ready to go. These are also great if you're running a carb and want to check your air fuel ratio. Just bring the car to a chassis dyno and you'll be able to perfectly dial in your carb(s)!

We also had them made with production style ball and socket type connection at the collectors. This type of connection allows much easier and flexible installation and does not require any gaskets.

These headers have true merge collectors w/ a fire cone in the collector.

Our headers were made so that you don't need to remove the headers to replace your starter. This was able to be done since these headers were designed for cars that DON'T run torsion bars.

We are offering these for the 6.1 HEMI, 5.7 HEMI, 426 HEMI and 440/Big Block motors.

These can also be ordered ceramic coated for an additional charge.

These are the only headers on the market designed to work with cars that DON'T have torsion bars and run a front mounted rack (and take full advantage of all that extra space!). The headers were designed to work with XV's Level II suspension K-Member and will likely work with other aftermarket K-Members that eliminate the torsion bars (call for details). These will not fit on cars with torsion bars.

Let us know if you would like us to get these made up just the same way for cars running stock suspension w/ torsion bars.  Price and specs would be the same as these and would mate up to our 3" stainless exhaust, so could be stainless end to end.  If we get enough really srious interest on these for cars w/ stock suspension we will get them made up immediately - we just need enough serious people for them.

Hope you all like. There's some more details and pricing on our website.

We'll be announcing more new products shortly.
John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

myk

I'm in awe with your products, especially with the K-member suspension packages.  Just think, a 40 year old car that could run with modern performance cars.  Anyway, as impressive as your guys' headers seem, offering a set compatible with torsion bars will be necessary as most of us will be stuck with that type of suspension.  If torsion bar compatible headers are made, would they feature the relatively trouble free installation and fit of TTi's products? 

bordin34

OOOOOOW-AAAAAAAAAAAH. Why no SB headers?

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

dqhemi

Quote from: myk on April 25, 2007, 03:58:44 PM
I'm in awe with your products, especially with the K-member suspension packages.  Just think, a 40 year old car that could run with modern performance cars.  Anyway, as impressive as your guys' headers seem, offering a set compatible with torsion bars will be necessary as most of us will be stuck with that type of suspension.  If torsion bar compatible headers are made, would they feature the relatively trouble free installation and fit of TTi's products? 

We had to make these headers up for the builds we are doing and also for our customers that buy our Level II suspension.  We took actual vehicles, fit multiple blocks in them for each supported engine package.  Multiple trans packages were also fit in the cars for the entire exhaust fit.  Fit should be at least as good as TTI and these have alot of features TTI doesn't (basically what we needed/wanted in headers).  Quality on these is top notch.

As far as doing them for cars running torsion bars, it's all a matter of demand.  I'm happy to go ahead and get them done just as we did with these, but not sure what the demand is for headers like this and which engine packages we should do.  Again, we had to do these for our own builds and for our customers running our suspension setup. 

Some of the very first people who saw them first hand were blown away and told us to immediately start working on the regular applications.  If we do them the rest of the exhaust is already done for them to hook up to.  Anyway, if enough people tell us they really want them, I'll get them made up. 
John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

dqhemi

Quote from: bordin34 on April 25, 2007, 04:43:03 PM
OOOOOOW-AAAAAAAAAAAH. Why no SB headers?

Everyone running our suspension and cars we are building are basically HEMI - 426 or 5.7/6.1 based.  The only small block customer was to be twin turbo, so these wouldn't work anyway.  440 Headers are all done, but not produced until someone needs a set.  All the rest are being done in quantity.

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

dqhemi

Quote from: myk on April 25, 2007, 03:58:44 PM

It's hard to get a good picture of them, but here's what the merge collectors look like....

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com