News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do you ever wonder what the heck were you thinking?

Started by DarkAngel0816, September 12, 2005, 09:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkAngel0816

Working over time and being back in college almost 3/4 time...and trying to deal with my cars...has me wonder what the hell was I thinking?

I took way too much on!  Then on top of this all I have not been feeling well at all...hardly sleeping for the past couple weeks.

Ugh.

Can I just be a girl and complain for a moment?  lol

I am just stressed and feel crappy for I have not been able to do anything with the Charger for over a week now.

:(
I love my 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Clone

Blown70

Well if you are going to school that may mean the Charger can get better parts down the road......

I myself started to work on mine with a 440 engine just casue I had one well now I will wait a bit longer because I want a HEMI,,,, I dont feel like doing this twice.... So I will have do wait,,, delayed gratification...

GOOD LUCK  KEEP YOUR HEAD UP...... :icon_smile_cool:

The Mad Scientist

Yeah it's hard.   I'm in the same boat.   I don't work overtime.   12 credit hours and 30-40 hours at work a week has me busy enough.

I don't ever wonder "what the heck I was thinking" getting a good education has always been a goal of mine.   I'll be glad to get my degree and move on, and at the same time I'll be sad to let college go.   

BTW.   What's your major?

moparguy01

i do that alot. but its cause i get so damn bored if im not working. thats why i had no many jobs while i was in college in kansas. i was bored. 40 hours a week at a pharmacuetical plant, full time school with 15 credit hours, then doing Todd's car on the weekend, and working at my buddies restoration shop late nights.

beleive me. i know the feeling.
im real bored now, 13 credit hours and only 20-25 hours a week. i need another job.

RD

Quote from: DarkAngel0816 on September 12, 2005, 09:07:34 PM
Working over time and being back in college almost 3/4 time...and trying to deal with my cars...has me wonder what the hell was I thinking?

I took way too much on!  Then on top of this all I have not been feeling well at all...hardly sleeping for the past couple weeks.

Ugh.

I am just stressed and feel crappy for I have not been able to do anything with the Charger for over a week now.

i feel your pain.  I, too, work two jobs (41 hrs a week), go to school full time (16 hrs), and try and balance being a husband and a father at the same time and work on my cars.  I hope things get better for you! Good luck!

(for you guys out there who do not have a g/f and wife, this is the time in which you do not try to find dark angel a solution, she just wants to vent, a solution will not make her feel better.  She just needs a lil sympathy right now.  take it from a married man who didnt realize this for the first 3 years of marriage :D )
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Mopar440+6

Same here... Mechanical Engineering curriculum and working construction 25-30 hrs a week is no fun but it means that eventually I'll be able to devote as much time and money to my Charger as I want. Its all worth it in the end. Plus think about it this way, even if that Charger is just sitting its definately NOT going down in value...
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

4402tuff4u

Don't feel alone. Probably everyone here would love to have more time to spend on the Charger wether it's driving it or working on it. I spend probably 30 min - 1 hr a day restoring something that belongs to the Charger. I get home, say hello to the kids and wife, and then I go to the garage before dinner. Even if it's sanding down the vacumn cannister or start the sanding stage to polish the aluminum trim. I this rate even if it's slow I'm accomplishing something. The Charger is at the body shop and looks like it will be there for several more months. I have to watch myself because I see myself skipping house work like closing the above ground pool and winterizing it. You might want to work on a schedule and stick to it. Just remember don't let school go to waste - that's big money and good opportunity, the Charger will always be there, school wont.  ;D
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

73dodge

Don't bite off more than you can chew

Prioritize and don't feel like you have to finish the Charger. It can sit

School is the first priority

No one is pressuring you to work on your car if it runs you are OK

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

41husk

Dark Angel, Your project will still be there when you have more time, but time is a little funny, there is always something that wants to take some of it away!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

73dodge

Oh and not sleeping well is from the stress obviously

Either find a way to deal with your stress (exercise works for me) or learn to live with the stress because it never goes away something will always work to stress you out.
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

nh_mopar_fan

NYCMille

The things we do to get these cars ready is really pretty upsurd...

Example: I work in NYC - today I am leaving at 3pm - driving 70+ miles to get my Charger, then driving another 40+ miles in the other direction to drop it at my mechanics (he's the only one that works on my car so its worth the drive) then driving the same 40+ miles back to pick up my daily driver to then drive another 70+ miles back to NYC... now tell me that doesn't suck!

TOTAL: 70 + 40 + 40 + 70 = 220 miles that have to be driven after work... I really need to get my head examined.

Old Moparz

Sometimes, like last year when I bought a 1971 Barracuda project. I took money from the Charger fund, & for a few months I was wondering if I made the right choice. I had, & currently have, no intentions of starting work on it anytime soon, but knew if I didn't get one at the time I'd never be able to afford one at all. Now the same car, in the same condition, costs twice as much. That makes me feel a little better when I look at it in the garage. I didn't get it as an investment, I just didn't want to stress over buying it. My wife knows all about this as well. She couldn't decide several times when she wanted to buy a vintage instrument like a guitar or upright bass, so I nudged her into it. She enjoys playing & doesn't regret owning them at all. The other nice thing is that they all went up in value somewhat.

Like others have said, just close the garage door for a while & go back to working on it when you have the time & energy.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Silver R/T

ya i know, when I work I need to rest after work but by the time Im rested its time to get ready to work again, theres no time for Charger, but budget grows so at least that;s good
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Ponch ®

I took way too much on!   Then on top of this all I have not been feeling well at all...hardly sleeping for the past couple weeks.

Ugh.

Can I just be a girl and complain for a moment?   lol

so what do you do for d! ¢k?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Lowprofile

Should probably change iceman to Caveman. :rotz:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

DarkAngel0816

Quote from: Iceman on September 13, 2005, 06:02:45 PM

I took way too much on!   Then on top of this all I have not been feeling well at all...hardly sleeping for the past couple weeks.

Ugh.

Can I just be a girl and complain for a moment?   lol

Wow.  A little blunt there are we now? 

DarkAngel0816

Thanks all!  And thank you RD.  Venting does good.

Okay my degree is Journalism, but I am specializing in Public Relations and Music.  Yeah, the way I type on here shows nothing on my writing skills right?

So every other day I have a huge article due and I have cut out the overtime for now.  I typically been working 5-7 hours a night on homework.  As for my personal life...or as Iceman so nicely asks "so what do you do for..." well that is the least of my concern.  I have a great personal life.  That is all that is needed to be said.  I do not think it is anyones business on "so what do you do for..."

beenaround

well guys and gals my wifes 71 has been off the road since 1983.in 2001 the shell got painted.now no more $$$$ to spend!for all you people in school stay there!! get a good job and your dreams will come through faster!the hard work is worth it! the cars will always be here!

Lowprofile

Quote from: DarkAngel0816 on September 13, 2005, 07:56:35 PM

I took way too much on!   Then on top of this all I have not been feeling well at all...hardly sleeping for the past couple weeks.

Ugh.

Can I just be a girl and complain for a moment?   lol

Wow. A little blunt there are we now?

Just Like His Forhead.   :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Mefirst

Every time I open the garage doors and see my ride...

Ponch ®

Quote from: DarkAngel0816 on September 13, 2005, 07:56:35 PM

Ugh.

Wow.  A little blunt there are we now? 

yes, but I think its a perfectly relevant question given the context of your frustration and stress.  ;)
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Chargerguy74

I'm working an 80 hour week with no overtime pay, and trying to get a car built.........I know what it's like
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Rocky

Any Given Sunday!!!!!!!!!

Damn, wrong thread.

Good Quote though :smoke:

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904