News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bumper Re-Chromeing whats a fare price? whats the Difference?

Started by Doright, April 23, 2007, 10:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doright

I want to get my Bumpers Re chromed and was wondering what others have paid and what a fare price is.
There are several local shop's here in town but I want too pay a fare price and don't want to pay too much as with many shops here in this area they over charge way too often.
Also I want to get a good job done and in Hemmings they list all kinds of plating company's offering Chroming that offer Different levels of Chrome from level 2 too Show Chrome or Triple plated whats the difference?

I deffenitly dont want the Chrome Peeling off in a year or two.
Doright
A&P FCC 
I play with cars because Jets are way too serious to be fun any more
I have so many car projects that cars are beginning to be no fun any more

Charger-Bodie

i paid 875.00 for triple nickel show chrome from keystone and they do all of our resto chrome expensive but worth it for the quality. by the way thats front and rear inc bumperettes
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Back N Black

I was going to re-chrome the bumpers on my 69, but it was cheaper to buy the new ones made by Goodmark (triple plated chrome) looks real nice.Got them of E- Bay for $250 each.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Back N Black on April 23, 2007, 07:38:06 PM
I was going to re-chrome the bumpers on my 69, but it was cheaper to buy the new ones made by Goodmark (triple plated chrome) looks real nice.Got them of E- Bay for $250 each.

have you fit them yrt ? the reason i ask is cause the quality has really gone down hill since they first came out otherwise i would have done the same
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

Charger1973

Do they fix any inperfections in the bumper when they chrome them?  They are usually always dinged up a little somewhere 

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Charger1973 on April 23, 2007, 08:11:57 PM
Do they fix any inperfections in the bumper when they chrome them?  They are usually always dinged up a little somewhere 
yes they fix all the dents and bends one thing i always do when i send bumpers off thou is to clean up the rough flashing on the edges and fit them to make sure all is well before sending them , cant be too careful if you want the best end result!!

BlueSS454

I've been using Tri City plating in Elizabethton, TN for all my bumper rechroming.  Last time I had one done, it cost me $250 plus shipping which was like $20.  They guaruntee there work for as long as you own the car.  I can't say enough good things about them, never had a bad rechrome from them.
Tom Rightler

Back N Black

Quote from: 1hot68 on April 23, 2007, 07:55:50 PM
Quote from: Back N Black on April 23, 2007, 07:38:06 PM

have you fit them yrt ? the reason i ask is cause the quality has really gone down hill since they first came out otherwise i would have done the same

No i have not installed them yet, i will let you guys know what the fit and finish is like when i get them installed.

bandit67

Just got my front and rear's back from Auto Medic, a shop that advertises in MCG. The charge was 295 each.  I had sandblasted the backs of the bumpers before I sent them and they repainted the rears before shipping them back, A very nice touch, they are the only ones who have done this.  The chroming was good and should hold up pretty well. I noticed what seemed to be  some telltale signs  of slight wrinkles in the inner curves of the front grills. I think more time sanding may have gotten them out. I  other words , I have gotten better jobs done before, but they stated they did show chrome, and I paid twice as much.  The  "slight wrinkles" were caused buy the original pressing of the bumpers and  I would use  this company  again.  I live in Ga, and the Fed EX charge to ship all three was   $42.00 one way. ........J

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Doright

Thanks guy's I have chosen a shop in California I will be using and the prices are in the same range going too send them both front and rear with bumpere ts along with the Grill assembly and tail light Assembly's. and all the trim.
Doright
A&P FCC 
I play with cars because Jets are way too serious to be fun any more
I have so many car projects that cars are beginning to be no fun any more

daytonalo

I bought a new repop 69 charger rear bumper , fits as new and shines like medical equip !!I will say I have seen Tri-city's work and it is top notch , and cheap , a buddy had two hemi cars done there , and I'm a picky bastard !!!!!!!