News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stock Rod bolts?

Started by supserdave, April 26, 2007, 04:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supserdave

Are stock rod bolts good to 6k in a 440???

67_Dodge_Charger

Not for very long.  Maybe for a short burst but you will be tempting fate.

Robert

Chatt69chgr

I don't know but if you want a good answer, call ARP and talk to them.  Or could call 440source.com.  You should be able to get a good answer from one of these sources.

firefighter3931

Quote from: 67_Dodge_Charger on April 26, 2007, 06:21:48 PM
Not for very long.  Maybe for a short burst but you will be tempting fate.

Robert

:iagree: Especially if the engine is unbalanced. Try to keep it at 5500 rpm until you upgrade the bolts and balance the rotating assembly.  :Twocents:

Ron

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

supserdave

I ordered the bolts right now, can't believe I forgot them. We will swap them out when we get them.

firefighter3931

Good plan Dave. The stock bolts have plenty of miles and hot/cold cycles on them.....using a fresh upgraded rodbolt is cheap insurance, inmo.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs