News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I Lost a Good Friend Today.

Started by Lowprofile, September 12, 2005, 06:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowprofile

Today is a very sad day in my part of the world. At about 11 am central time, My friend Tim , was driving eastbound on I 10 just outside Beaumont, TX. According to preliminary Police reports, Tim lost control of his 18 wheeler to avoid hitting a driver who cut him off. The truck caught a guardrail on the right hand side of the road, flipped, and plummeted 40+ feet to the roadway below, bursting into flames, killing the driver & destroying the truck & trailer.

My friend Tim died today basically because someone was in too much of a hurry to wait to pass the truck safely. Tim was one of the best drivers I've ever known. He had over 1 million safe driving miles under his belt. He always wore his seat belt.

You can, if you like, go to http://216.87.159.39/news/default.asp?mode=shownews&id=9439  and see the accident scene.

Sorry for ranting here. Right now, I don't know what else to do.  Thanks.
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Brock Samson

SuBLimE 69

Sorry man.    I'm sure he did a heck of a job to avoid collecting any other vehicles in the wreck.   I hate it when good people like that have to suffer due to someones Else's disregard.

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

Johnny SixPack

So sorry to hear about your friend.

You , and his family, have my thoughts and prayers.

I agree completely with you, Sublime.

Wish more people would give truck(er)s the respect they're due on the road.
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

MoparYoungGun

Quote from: SuBLimE 69 on September 12, 2005, 07:02:50 PM
Sorry man.    I'm sure he did a heck of a job to avoid collecting any other vehicles in the wreck.   I hate it when good people like that have to suffer due to someones Else's disregard.
:iagree: .

I'm so sorry to hear that, you and his family with be in my prayers.

General_01

I am sorry. His family and friends are in my thoughts.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

TruckDriver

Sorry to hear that Chuck. My thoughts are with you and the family of your friend.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

ChargerAndy

My condolences to you and any of his other friends and family......it is never easy. Andy

chrisII

it is never eazy to loose somebody you love, especialy when it is so neadless. early this year i lost my mom and a very close uncle in a 3 week span. bouth were do to a genetic muscular desiese, but bouth were unexpected. i find peace in the fact that neither of them struggled, or became immoble.and that the doctors tell us that they bouth went in a matter of moments. i can only hope that when my time comes i can go as quickly as they , and your friend did.
     my deepest sympathy to you and his family
                   ChrisII

Just 6T9 CHGR

My condolences to your friend and his family.
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

PocketThunder

sorry about your friend.

yesterday driving home i hear the semi truck next to me slamming on his brakes because people fly down the on ramp and pile in right in front of him, then they all hit the brakes.  I find myself driving slower every day and just idling home in 3rd gear thru the rush hour.  If there are 10 empty car spots in front of me i dont sped up because i will just have to stop right away. 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Telvis

Sorry for your loss. It's sad to hear.

TheGhost

Did the jackass who caused the accident at least stop to try to help?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Silver R/T

sorry man, hope they find the moron who caused the accident
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

derailed

Im very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I believe most truckers you find out there are the most curtious and skilled drivers on the road. Sorry he had to go like that.

Charger4404spd

Terrible tragedy. Sorry to hear that. My condolences.

CFMopar

1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Lowprofile

To all my friends

Thank you so much for your kind words. I Spoke with My friends family today. The preliminary report from the Texas Highway patrol is that he was cut off by someone who swerved in front of him/lost control of their vehicle. They never stopped. Tim lost control of his truck while avoiding this vehicle, hit a cement guard rail, flipped over, and crashed 40 feet down an embankment to his death. Other truck drivers on the scene tried to get to him, but the flames were just too much. They have some leads on the other vehicle, but nothing solid......yet.

It is a wonderful, yet fleeting thing, Life. I had just talked to Tim a week ago. He was telling me of his plans to go home at the end of this year, take a year or so off to get healthy again[ Tim was a "BIG" guy]. He wanted to have that gastric bypass surgery, start his life over.   He wanted to be home to take care of his aging Mom, who has health issues. He told me he was looking forward to riding his "Scoot", A 49' Harley Pan/Shovel that was His Baby, much like you and I love our Chargers.

Knowing Tim, and what kind of driver & Human Being he was, he choose to put his own life in danger in those last seconds. He could have easily steered the truck into the median, endangering oncoming traffic. He could have just hit that idiot who cut him off, probably killing all in that vehicle, plus any others who happened to be too close, but saving himself. Tim was a selfless person. He paid the price for someone else's selfishness.

Again, Thank you all for your kind words and Thoughts. I look forward to one day meeting you all in person. This just gives me all the more reason to get off the road myself, spend more time with my family & friends, and , as they say, smell the flowers.

Oh yea, and to work on My Charger. Its only been sitting for the past 10 years waiting for me to start on her!

Thanks for Everything,
                                      Your Friend, Chuck.

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger

Brock Samson

TruckDriver

Quote from: drailed on September 13, 2005, 04:29:47 PM
Im very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I believe most truckers you find out there are the most curtious and skilled drivers on the road. Sorry he had to go like that.

AAA did a survey of insurance companies around the country 2 years ago about drivers. There results proved that truck drivers ARE the safest drivers on the road. I wish I still had that article so I could post it.

Chuck.... You ever get to around Milwaukee Wisconsin, Look me up, we will go out to eat.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Lowprofile

Absolutely. There's a little Italian place not far from the Bradley Center, Just up the street from the Hyatt Hotel. Yum Yum :yesnod:

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger

2fast4u

What does one say to another at times like these to a person such as yourself whom I barely know but feel great sorrow for!  The usual (to me) is mundane....but still needs to be said!  I can't imagine what it would be like to loose just one of my good friends!  I hope your time you spent together was memories that will last forever!  Keep the faith amigo!! We all will end up in the same place eventually!!

2fast
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!