News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

hi volume fuel pump

Started by christianlarsen, April 20, 2007, 01:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christianlarsen

can anybody recommend a mechanical hi volume fuel pump that is ok for 440 stroked to 511 ?

Thnx
Christina

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

firefighter3931

Is the cam a flat tappet or roller ? It makes a difference if you plan on using a mechanical pump.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Steve P.

Good point Ron. Didn't we just talk about that??   ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

firefighter3931

Quote from: Steve P. on April 20, 2007, 08:37:53 PM
Good point Ron. Didn't we just talk about that??   ;)

I believe we did !  ;D

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

christianlarsen

cam is flat tapped and thnx for pointers guys! i believe the roller will need something heavier and that i can go with ur adivice for flat tapped ?

/Christian

firefighter3931

The parts that SteveP linked to a few posts back are fine. I would suggest that you use 3/8in fuel line and a 3/8in pickup/sending unit in the gas tank as well.

Ron

Steve P.

Quote from: firefighter3931 on April 22, 2007, 07:37:20 PM
The parts that Steve P linked to a few posts back are fine. I would suggest that you use 3/8in fuel line and a 3/8in pickup/sending unit in the gas tank as well.

Ron

I second the motion.   :2thumbs:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida