News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone reproducing these yet?

Started by C500, April 22, 2007, 08:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C500

Is there anyone re-popping bumper jacks yet?  :shruggy: I need one for a 68.

kiwi
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Silver R/T

Nobody as of now, maybe later someone will when they realize theres lots of .... people that are willing to pay $500 or so for a stupid bumper jack. I'm not picky when I use my craftsman 2 ton to lift mine.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

C500

Quote from: Silver R/T on April 22, 2007, 08:46:38 PM
Nobody as of now, maybe later someone will when they realize theres lots of .... people that are willing to pay $500 or so for a stupid bumper jack. I'm not picky when I use my craftsman 2 ton to lift mine.

I want it more for the complete originality 'look' than the lifting. Theres no way I would pay 500 for one either.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Silver R/T on April 22, 2007, 08:46:38 PM
i dont think people are paying 500.00 to use them to jack up the car ,they are paying that because they want it in there trunk like it came when new. i havent seen one of them used in many many years and if anyone went near my bumpers with one we had better be in the desert with no other options.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

C500

:iagree:

One sold on ebay for $260, the hook didn't look right for a 68 though and another went for $315 for a 70.

Bluestar

It's been a while since I had my car, but if I recall correctly, isn't the 2nd gen bumper jack essentially like all of the rest with the exception that is has a formed metal cup per se that sets under the bumper as opposed to the classic hook that fit into the slot on the bumper?  If so, and if the intent is to have a reproduction that looks correct and is not intended to be used, wouldn't it be fairly easy to modify one of the "hook" jacks to lok like a 2nd gen bumper jack?

Orange_Crush

That's why you buy them 3 times. 

Scour the swaps and you'll see the "foot" in one booth for 25 bucks and you'll see the "beam" in another booth for 20 and then you'll see the "jack hook" thingie in another one for 30.;

Voila!  You now have a jack!
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

C500

Quote from: Bluestar on April 23, 2007, 09:04:02 AM
It's been a while since I had my car, but if I recall correctly, isn't the 2nd gen bumper jack essentially like all of the rest with the exception that is has a formed metal cup per se that sets under the bumper as opposed to the classic hook that fit into the slot on the bumper?  If so, and if the intent is to have a reproduction that looks correct and is not intended to be used, wouldn't it be fairly easy to modify one of the "hook" jacks to lok like a 2nd gen bumper jack?

I'm more of a purist, the part number needs to be correct, no modifying different hooks around here, but as Orange says, the best plan so far seems to be getting parts here and there to make up a set.

kiwi

Bluestar

There were actually a couple reasonable priced 2nd gen jack assemblies on Ebay yesterday.  Havent looked to see what they have done since.