News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dodge Demon

Started by Silver R/T, April 22, 2007, 05:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver R/T

Have you guys seen this? This possibly could hit the pavement next year, depending if DCX gets sold or not...
http://www.kbb.com/kbb/ReviewsAndRatings/AutoShowPhotoGallery.aspx?YearId=2007
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

69bronzeT5

Theres tons of topics about this car and Im gonna put down the same thing Ive put in the other topics about it..... :rotz: :sick: :puke: :scared: :icon_smile_dead:  :2guns: :flush:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

CharlieCharger

I guess I would have to add that at least its not a 4 door  :yesnod:
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

Dave22443

How come they can come out with a show car nobody could care less about and have it on the showroom floor in 6 months, but if they come up with something like the Challenger that everyone loves, they have to "think about it" ? :flame:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

bordin34

Here are pics I took of it at the NY Auto Show. It looks mitsubishi ish to me.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Silver R/T

Quote from: bordin34 on April 22, 2007, 07:32:52 PM
Here are pics I took of it at the NY Auto Show. It looks mitsubishi ish to me.

looks just like everything else Dodge put out there, with their infamous RAM grille on  EVERYTHING
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Forza

Looks like a convertable 350z with a dodge ram grill, oh goody. I really don't know why Dodge keeps using that same grill on all of their new "concepts". Really wish they would try to make something resemble a mopar grill.

Chatt69chgr

I'am with Dave.  I just don't understand the DC mindset either.  I notice that on commercials on tv they use older "hot" cars to hawk products.  Just today I saw a commercial using what I think was a 58 Corvette.  And another used a late 60's to early 70's convertible.  They DID NOT use a modern jelly mould car because they are grocery getters and they are NOT cool.  I havn't seen any jelly mould cars going across the block at Barrett-Jackson either.  I don't have anything against jelly mould cars and I do understand that the vast bulk of cars will fit that category due to high gas prices and the stratification of wealth in the US (I read somewhere that 5% of the people in the US have 95% of all the money).  My wife drives a 4 cyl Toyota to the grocery store and it gets her there just fine.  It's also 5 years old and never had a problem.  But nobody will be pulling it out of a junkyard and rebuilding it 20 years from now because it really doesn't have any style.  It's just basic transportation.  (I am working to convince her that her next car needs to be a Challenger) 
DC cannot compete with the Japanese and Koreans on 4 cylinder grocery getters.  Mercedes is their car for rich folks and wannabe rich folks.  The Chrysler line is for the US market and what they seem to be targeting is the group that wants something besides a Toyota or Nissan or whatever the Korean brand is.  I just don't think this Trevor Creede or whatever his name is understands the US market.  They had a winner with the hemi engine and the funny thing is, it wasn't planned.  It took them by surprise.  Once they saw they could make a quick buck on this nostalgia thing they began milking it for all it was worth.  Put a famous nameplate on something and limit the production and hype the heck out of it.  I think this is used to try to generate brand excitement and get the average Joe into the showroom so they can sell him something else.
The Challenger is a car that would not have happened (assuming it does) had it not been for Mike Castiglione (sp?) who was the designer.  The Challenger was going to be another loser until he had the balls to go in and tell them they were going in the wrong direction.  He had a copy of a Hot Rod magazine and he showed them what we have all been saying.  I think that all the criticism of the Charger had it's effect and they actually listened to him and let him do what he thought was right.  That's how the Challenger came to life.  So whatever success DC seems to have had has been more or less due to serendipity.  I think this may be one reason they want to sell Chrysler.  They do not understand the US market and I think they realize this now.  Plus, they have more or less stolen about all of the money out of Chrysler that they can and still have something to sell and they sure would like to get out from under that retiree liability or at least share some of the burden with somebody else. 
I took one last look at the Demon and it looks like a BMW Z series.  Another attempt to copy a current successful car.  Kind of like the Crossfire.  It appeared to be a copy of a Porsche.  Porsche people don't want a copy----they want the real thiing---kind of like Harley people.
I won't be forking over any cash for a Demon. 
I will buy a Challenger if they don't price me out of the market----it needs to come in in the low to mid $30's for a 5.7 hemi version. 

JR

Sorry guys, I know its a small two seater 4cyl roadster, but it's a great idea that's well overdue. A sub 20k front engine, rear wheel drive, enthausiasts car, that puts affordable, fun, quick, rear drive together. This is awesome. A drivers car the average person can afford. Not to mention the SRT version will probably use a version of the 2.4 turbo engine from the Neon and Caliber. The Caliber will make 300 horses from this engine stock. That's the same as a new Mustang GT.  I don't car if it is a 4cyl, 300 horses + 2900 lb car = FUN!!

Granted, Most of us have no use for such a vehicle, but when was the last time Mopar gave us an affordable performance car in a body that didn't scream rental car. The SRT 4 neons were fun, but FWD and, ugly. And this car could actually get you laid, as opposed to the goofy looking neon, or Caliber that looks like it's on the way to soccer practice.

At least their listening to the enthauiasts. Even if they don't build it.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Lowprofile

Kinda going for the same market as that GM/Saturn/Pontiac 2 seater...........Its a lot nicer looking than a neon! :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

bull

Quote from: JR on April 22, 2007, 11:00:22 PM
Sorry guys, I know its a small two seater 4cyl roadster, but it's a great idea that's well overdue. A sub 20k front engine, rear wheel drive, enthausiasts car, that puts affordable, fun, quick, rear drive together. This is awesome. A drivers car the average person can afford. Not to mention the SRT version will probably use a version of the 2.4 turbo engine from the Neon and Caliber. The Caliber will make 300 horses from this engine stock. That's the same as a new Mustang GT.  I don't car if it is a 4cyl, 300 horses + 2900 lb car = FUN!!

Granted, Most of us have no use for such a vehicle, but when was the last time Mopar gave us an affordable performance car in a body that didn't scream rental car. The SRT 4 neons were fun, but FWD and, ugly. And this car could actually get you laid, as opposed to the goofy looking neon, or Caliber that looks like it's on the way to soccer practice.

At least their listening to the enthauiasts. Even if they don't build it.

Overdue? It's basically the same thing as the Chrysler Crossfire isn't it? The Crossfire comes with either a 3.2L V-6 215 HP or a 3.2L V-6 330 HP front engine w/RWD and weighs about 3,000 lbs. Maybe the Demon is $7k or so less because it has fewer do-dads but it's hardly a novelty. It's probably built on the same platform.

Zentelis

Quote from: bull on April 23, 2007, 01:31:34 AM
Overdue? It's basically the same thing as the Chrysler Crossfire isn't it? The Crossfire comes with either a 3.2L V-6 215 HP or a 3.2L V-6 330 HP front engine w/RWD and weighs about 3,000 lbs. Maybe the Demon is $7k or so less because it has fewer do-dads but it's hardly a novelty. It's probably built on the same platform.
The Crossfire is a Mercedes SLK with a body kit.
This Demon looks a little too small to be on that platform, but I'm no expert

btw, i agree with everyone else..STOP putting that damn RAM grille on everything! Cripes..it's getting old.
DCX screams: "Market visibility!"
Nonsense..start building cars that are unique and you won't need a cookie-cutter grill to be recognized.

bull

Quote from: Zentelis on April 23, 2007, 10:32:09 AM
Quote from: bull on April 23, 2007, 01:31:34 AM
The Crossfire is a Mercedes SLK with a body kit.
This Demon looks a little too small to be on that platform, but I'm no expert

btw, i agree with everyone else..STOP putting that damn RAM grille on everything! Cripes..it's getting old.
DCX screams: "Market visibility!"
Nonsense..start building cars that are unique and you won't need a cookie-cutter grill to be recognized.

That and it screws up the designers' creativity from the get-go. They are basically being forced to build every car they make around that stupic grille. It has gotten very old but I guess that's the way Germans think.

Red Ram

Seems like all new cars could be considered Mitsubishi-ish. Definately better than a Caliber.
"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

dpm68

It would be a perfect world if we could all have a '67 427 tri-powered StingRay vert....

Lee01

I don't have a problem with Chrylers concept of this 2 seater, lot ok that it, 2 seater RWD always a great combo

BUT

Don't call it Demon
:flame:
Current ride:
2012 Boss 302 YB #0664
2018 WRX
2018 Crosstrek
2004 SRT-4
WTB 68-69 Charger