News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anyone ever suffer Carbon Minoxide poisening?..

Started by Brock Samson, April 28, 2007, 01:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

I was working on the charger and the R.R.'s carbs yesterday and i noticed afer a few hours i was feeling really quite ill and woosy, soon i had a splitting headache and general lee felt like absolute crap i suspect i was suffering carbon minoxide poisening. :icon_smile_dissapprove:

anyone else have this happen?..  :scratchchin:

Rocky

whitehatspecial

The Carbon part won't hurt you but the Minoxide part will poisen you up.

:rofl:
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

69DodgeCharger

I have been gassed out by it before and it happens quicker than you think, I was passed right out and had thrown up and pissed myself by the time I was found. My buddy in the back seat tried to get out of the vehicle but didn't make it. Total time in a running vehicle with exhaust leaking in about 20-30 minutes. another 10-15 and we might not be around today we were told. So youmight wanna be real careful around it.
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

CharlieCharger

Quote from: 69DodgeCharger on April 28, 2007, 03:01:18 PM
I have been gassed out by it before and it happens quicker than you think, I was passed right out and had thrown up and pissed myself by the time I was found. My buddy in the back seat tried to get out of the vehicle but didn't make it. Total time in a running vehicle with exhaust leaking in about 20-30 minutes. another 10-15 and we might not be around today we were told. So youmight wanna be real careful around it.

I had a splitting headache after driving the charger when I bought it..I was so focused on how the trunk pan looked that I failed to notice the weatherstrip was missing..the exhaust was leaking into the trunk..and into the cab..
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

hutch

on a boat a few times.  I get hit with head achs big time.
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

Brock Samson

Chris G.

Quote from: Brock Samson on April 28, 2007, 01:56:52 PM
soon i had a splitting headache and general lee felt like absolute crap

Huh? Who's General Lee?  :scratchchin: My advice, leave the cars alone for a couple days and get your system back on track.

Rocky

Quote from: Brock Samson on April 28, 2007, 04:55:56 PM
Quote from: Rocky on April 28, 2007, 02:22:06 PM
So that might explain your recent posts. :image_294343:

whatcha talkin bout willis?..   :scratchchin:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pQR9cHkyeFM&mode=related&search=

I actually got that movie from netflix a few months ago.  Connery is a legend.

Doc MoPar

I've been "light headed" before, but never let it get to the headache stage.  Letting it get to the point of nausea and vomiting or passing out is dangerous.  You have to be careful, ventilation is the key.  I bought some of that corrugated black drain pipe to use as exhuast extensions when working on the car in the garage. 

Public service announcement :  (play cheezy music now)
There is no cure for Carbon Monoxide poisoning.  The only treatment is to get fresh air, or you could wind up in one of these...

71ChallengeHer

Sure have headache , vomiting, not fun. :pity: If your fingernails start to turn red your in trouble. I have to say it's almost as much fun as welders flash.

bordin34

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on April 28, 2007, 06:41:17 PM
I have to say it's almost as much fun as welders flash.
What's welders flash?
Whenever I inhale exhaust fumes I just get a really bad stomach ache. Mostly happens from .25ci 2 stroke engines.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Rolling_Thunder

i have had severe headaches from this...    running a car in the shop...    got to the poiont my eyes were watering up so bad i couldnt find the door...    :RantExplode:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

mikepmcs

Quote from: bordin34 on April 28, 2007, 09:35:40 PM
What's welders flash?

It can best be described as getting sunburned in your eyes.  it damages the cornea.(clear tissue that covers your eye).
Welders get it mostly and it's called welders flash or arc eye.

Intense UV rays like from a welder burn the crap out of your eye.  Any UV rays can damage you but it is most common in welding, hence the name.
Some common symptoms:
Watery vision
Blurry
Pain from the inflammation
Bloodshot eyes
Light sensitivity
and sometimes it can feel like someone threw sand in your eyes!

It usually repairs itself in a couple days and leaves no scar but, it is possible to lose some vision.

My eyes are very sensitive to light, sun, glare from the snow, bright lights in the house.

Although my vision is still in the 20/12 range, Light really bothers me, including driving at night.

And yes, I did some welding back in the day.

Dave, Glad you are ok!!!! :icon_smile_big: 

CO is no joke.  On a side note, to everyone, your homes might produce this gas as well, depending on heating systems, etc... you might have in there.

Here's an article from WIKI.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_monoxide

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Brock Samson

yeah two days now i've been feeling the effects,..
fatigue and head ache, I  can't seem to get enuff air...
or sleep..

so i've been pretty out of it..  :icon_smile_sad:

mikepmcs

Dave,
Just relax and take it easy.  If the symptoms persist, please go and see a doctor.

Hope you feel better soon brother.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

skip68

Yesterday Chuck put the new carb. on the Charger, and had to break it in. The problem is the house we are staying in is two levels, with the garage on the lower level. His exhaust was so bad that I had to kick the kids out of the house to the backyard and open every window, turned on the fans system till it became tolerable! As far as sleeping last night, I know i didn't get any !!!! Between the CO fumes and Chuck's snoring, it was a crappy night!!! Got the headache too!  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

But on a good note the Charger drove out of the garage for the first time since we have had it!!! Yippee!  :yesnod:

Mrs.Skip68
;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

RECHRGD

This winter my daughter called before going to bed and said that she and her son both didn't feel well.  They had just bought and older home with a pellet stove.  My wife told them to open all the windows even if they froze.  Turned out that the stove was not properly vented.  I'm sure my wife saved their lives that night!!   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32