News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who Likes Post-War trucks!(or Good Ebag Experience)

Started by ChargerRT440, April 22, 2007, 01:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerRT440

Hey guys. Had a fun day on saturday my brother, dad, and me traveled the hour an a half to pick up ther new truck he bought off ebag. My dad bought a 1946 Fargo(canadian dodge trucks) It's got a 9 foot box, a flathead six(I don't know the exact size on the cubic inches) and I think what is an early 8 3/4"
It's got an i-beam front suspension and 10 pack leaf springs in the rear. lol best of all it is free of rust holes. It just has surface rust. and it's as complete as you can get one of these old 46's now. I've got some pictures up on cardomain if you guys wanna check out this classic mopar it's pretty sweet.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2628078

Brock Samson

Steve P.

There is a guy that used to come to our local cruise - in that had a 46'. I think they are pretty cool trucks. He pulled the original front spring set up out and installed a front torsion bar system in it from a Cordoba or diplomat or something similar. That gave him suspension, steering, motor mounts and brakes all in one. I think he has a 360" in it. It's been a while since I've seen the truck. If I catch him again I'll get you some pics.

His was red, gloss black and flat black. Pretty cool ride.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

RD

Quote from: Steve P. on April 22, 2007, 08:47:38 AM
There is a guy that used to come to our local cruise - in that had a 46'. I think they are pretty cool trucks. He pulled the original front spring set up out and installed a front torsion bar system in it from a Cordoba or diplomat or something similar. That gave him suspension, steering, motor mounts and brakes all in one. I think he has a 360" in it. It's been a while since I've seen the truck. If I catch him again I'll get you some pics.

His was red, gloss black and flat black. Pretty cool ride.

yeah, i agree, you see alot of those setups in volare's and aspen's also.

good start it seems, what does he plan to do for motor/trans combo?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Steve P.

If you guys decide to go that rout, look for an old diplomat cop car. It will have a heavier duty suspension and if you want to use the rear end, should also have a sure grip.. Mine does.. :yesnod:

It's kind of like lifting the body and setting a truck frame on it..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

ChargerRT440

I think the current plan is restoring it to stock. everything seems to be really solid so we think it'd be a shame to cut it up for a hot rod. everything is really solid and has already been worked on by the previous owner.

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

CharlieCharger

I would have no problem cruising around in that at all..especially if it had a nice paint job  :yesnod:
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

konigcharger

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

ChargerRT440

I've been trying to convince my dad to get a logo like a classic shop truck on the doors. It looks like it already has one.