News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

finally got one

Started by dukeboy_318, April 21, 2007, 06:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dukeboy_318

Well, after three long years of searching for the right car in the right condition, I've finally bought and brought home my first mopar muscle car, a 1974 Dodge Charger SE 318/904, paid 800 for it, it runs and drives really good, the motor doesn't smoke and starts first try and the trans shifts smooth. It has 62XXX orginal miles, one owner car before me. As you can tell, the rear part of the body needs work, the front sat under a lean-to while the back end was left out to face the indiana weather for 15 years, however the only parts that need replaced is the drivers side rear quarter and the deck lid.  The front end and floor boards as well as the trunk floor are all solid with nothing but surface cancer, no holes.  Thanks for the advice in buying this car, guys.  AND A SPECIAL THANKS TO nuke 463 and his brother dale who sold me this car.
More pics to come.

THanks
Chris
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

dodgecharger-fan

Sounds like a good solid start - Have fun!

I like those wheel covers that are on the front.

Silver R/T

good project car. Only 62000 original miles, they didn't drive it much huh
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

dukeboy_318

Previous owner was a county sheriff during the late 70s into the 80s, so, when he got elected sheriff, he drove the counties cars(didn't have to pay on gas ;D)  So he drove it occasionally just to keep it tuned, and parked permantly in 92 because the brakes went out and he didn't wanna pay to have em fixed.  Its no hemi or 69 R/T but for my budget, I'm happy.

400/6/PAC

Congradulations.
Looks like you found a nice deal.

dukeboy_318

Well, i screwed up yesterday.  After i put the new brakes on I drove it around in the field accross from my house and now it has no reverse gear or neurtral and it won't come out of drive, but shifts smoothly throught all three gears.  Its wierd, its full of tranny fluid and it never made any indication that something was wrong or about to go wrong.  Any ideas, could this just be a linkage problem or is it worse?

Bob

Check the linkage, it could have came off in the field.

dukeboy_318

heres some more pics