News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

too much?

Started by mikesbbody, April 20, 2007, 08:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikesbbody

im not a fan of oversized wheels, but i have seen them on cars that look god including some members cars. So this is a 2 part question 1. do you think these wheels are too much? (22's) and whats is your favourite wheel/tire size combo? this charger had black slotted 15's before these ugly things and it gave the car a "nascar" type look (it looked pretty cool) btw, this is not a members car

BigBlackDodge

68chrgrwife

That's so funny 'cause I told hubby we should stick some 22s up under his fender the other day.  I like the look, but hubby doesn't
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Manfred318

Quote from: NHCharger on April 20, 2007, 08:37:08 PM
:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:
:iagree: They should take those wheels off and give em a good  :flush:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

Doright

YAK :puke:Talk about BLING
Doright
A&P FCC 
I play with cars because Jets are way too serious to be fun any more
I have so many car projects that cars are beginning to be no fun any more

moparguy01

GAAAHHH!H!!! MY EYES!!!!!

defiance

I'm not as anti-big as most people on here, but that's just too freakin' much...  Maybe some 18's at the most, I'm probably going with 17's myself.

deputycrawford

As for your original question. YUP
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

Musicman

Ah Yes, the Power of Television... if we want your opinion, we'll give it to you...

Nothing over 15" looks good on a classic in my opinion. I believe that if 22" wheels looked good on a 68, then they would have put them on back in 1968. Your can thank todays media, advertising, and the slime oozing out from your TV set for all those pimped out wheels you see today. Simple minded sheople just love to be lead around... told what to think, what to wear, what to buy, what looks cool... Hey, I know, lets make that car look really sharp... Let's put some spinners on there too!

:Twocents:

ramit

I think you should not go any bigger than 18's on a musclecar.

bordin34

I think 14's or 15's looks the best but up to 18 is OK.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

TruckDriver

Quote from: Manfred318 on April 20, 2007, 08:54:46 PM
:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:
:iagree: :down: :down: :down: :down: :icon_bs: :nutkick: :slap: I don't care for anything over 17 inch on a classic car PERIOD!!!! But those wheels are so ugly, it wouldn't matter if they were 14 inch wheels :sick:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

GTX

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on April 20, 2007, 10:07:39 PM
:iagree: :down: :down: :down: :down: :icon_bs: :nutkick: :slap: I don't care for anything over 17 inch on a classic car PERIOD!!!! But those wheels are so ugly, it wouldn't matter if they were 14 inch wheels :sick:
:iagree: Yup! :down: :down:
That's why I wouldn't let Foose touch my car for example but those are even worse!
Whoever owns that car is either on crack or sells it.

cheap

O0 O0,, It just doesnt match,,

pettyfan43

LargerCharger383

Quote from: GTX on April 20, 2007, 10:22:50 PM
Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on April 20, 2007, 10:07:39 PM
:iagree: Yup! :down: :down:
That's why I wouldn't let Foose touch my car for example but those are even worse!
Whoever owns that car is either on crack or sells it.

:iagree: :puke: :drunk: :flush: :down: :down: :iagree: :image_294343: :nono: :puke: :icon_smile_dead:

good god that is the UGLIEST set of wheels I have ever seen on a charger.  I'd like to meet the owner and give him a good  :slap:

bull

Yea, 22" is a bit much. Some 17" wheels might be more like it. I'd have to see them first though.

ChargerSG

Look like s..., 15" is my choise :yesnod:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

Charger-Bodie

i dont mind oversize wheels as much as some people but you need to be able to tell if there are tires on em for them to look decent to me as for the orig. question  YES THEY ARE TOO MUCH ! imo
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

BrianShaughnessy

Looks more like a "Dubs" diecast at Toys-R-Us.    I'm not fond of that look on anything.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Hemidog

Yikes, and i thought my "20s was too much...
btw they are going off as soon as i get the right lug nuts for my Torq Thrusts..

hemihead

Quote from: Musicman on April 20, 2007, 09:48:16 PM
Ah Yes, the Power of Television... if we want your opinion, we'll give it to you...

Nothing over 15" looks good on a classic in my opinion. I believe that if 22" wheels looked good on a 68, then they would have put them on back in 1968. Your can thank todays media, advertising, and the slime oozing out from your TV set for all those pimped out wheels you see today. Simple minded sheople just love to be lead around... told what to think, what to wear, what to buy, what looks cool... Hey, I know, lets make that car look really sharp... Let's put some spinners on there too!

:Twocents:
I agree!!!!
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: defiance on April 20, 2007, 09:29:39 PM
I'm not as anti-big as most people on here, but that's just too freakin' much...  Maybe some 18's at the most, I'm probably going with 17's myself.

:iagree:

Fitz73Chrgr

I'd have to say 17's are the biggest I'd go as well.  Those look terrible.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541