News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Reproduction Arrow Emblems?

Started by Recharger, April 19, 2007, 08:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recharger

Does anyone reproduce the Arrow emblems?  Particularly for the tailpanel of a 68?  I've been looking around, but all I can find are the R/T emblems.  I have an extra arrow emblem from a grille that I was planning on using, but I just found out it doesn't fit on the tail panel.    :RantExplode:   Any help would be appreciated...

Charger1973

Not sure on the 2nd gen stuff but as many people make clones, maybe you could get someone to trade you for an R/T badge?

Slantback_66

This should be what you need.

http://yearone.com/serverfiles/part.asp?pid=VC124&c=0&e=0&cat=1&hid=120AH5246&iMode=4&trk=1

These have 3 studs on the back. I know for 1st gens you need to remove the center stud because they only use 2. Not sure on 2nd gen.

Hope this helps ya.

John
1966 Dodge Charger 440

ck1

Quote from: Slantback_66 on April 22, 2007, 12:17:54 AM
This should be what you need.

http://yearone.com/serverfiles/part.asp?pid=VC124&c=0&e=0&cat=1&hid=120AH5246&iMode=4&trk=1

These have 3 studs on the back. I know for 1st gens you need to remove the center stud because they only use 2. Not sure on 2nd gen.

Hope this helps ya.

John
that one wont work the rear is a smaller then the front and sail panels,  both arrow and charger lettering, pins wont match up to holes, trying to find mine to take pictures to show u, you will have to find a used one and have it replated if needed
CJK

ck1

the top is from the front the bottom is from the rear of the car, front charger emblem can be used as the sail panel for there the same size excpt front is a nut screwed on to the  grill and the sail panel emblem is a gue cap screw design which is different from the reproduction type mount, correct me if I'm wrong anybody for my sail panel emblems were off the car and in a bag when I bought it...........picture
CJK

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Recharger

For some reason I wasn't even able to find that grille arrow when I searched Year One and the other sites, but it figures they would only offer that and not the tail panel arrow I need.   :-\  I see a NOS arrow on that board you posted Mike, but my car (and my wallet) doesn't need NOS parts.  Looks like I'm off to the parts wanted board....  Thanks for all the input, guys!

Arigmaster

Is that just surface rust on the chrome?  Mine looked like that.

If it is.... Take some fine steel wool and clean them up really good. Get some paint (Spray) in the two colors. and tape where you dont want the color. Use an exacto knife to get it close and then some chap stick at the really close edges.  Make sure you let the color sit over night befor reversing the tape. When your done re-painting you should be able to wipe them clean and maybe use the exacto razor to clean the paint edge. When your done just use some Flitz polish and a clean soft rag on them.... You can do the same thing with the Charger script emblems unless they are pitted really bad.

ck1

Quote from: Arigmaster on April 29, 2007, 10:12:58 AM
Is that just surface rust on the chrome?  Mine looked like that.

If it is.... Take some fine steel wool and clean them up really good. Get some paint (Spray) in the two colors. and tape where you dont want the color. Use an exacto knife to get it close and then some chap stick at the really close edges.  Make sure you let the color sit over night befor reversing the tape. When your done re-painting you should be able to wipe them clean and maybe use the exacto razor to clean the paint edge. When your done just use some Flitz polish and a clean soft rag on them.... You can do the same thing with the Charger script emblems unless they are pitted really bad.
you talkin about the picture I posted? just a little paint missing and mild bubbling,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
CJK