News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is the most popular exterior color for a '68?

Started by GTX, April 18, 2007, 10:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

I know it's been thrashed around before. I seem to remember a thread or two on it from years back I think but don't remember the outcome.

I'm not interested in personal favorites but I'm wondering what would be voted as the current favorite color? I suspect that in light of Bullrun and Mr Angry there will be even more interest in black with the red bee stripe which imo you really can't go wrong on unless your body isn't arrow straight.
Some really like something in a red with black bee which is also always a favorite and some like silver or blue.

What do you guys think? What is the perennial favorite that everyone seems to want?

C500

I like the RR1 red or the turquoise the best, both with black bee stripes and non vinyl roof

kiwi
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Chris G.

I think black has always been the popular choice. I like Turquoise and Silver alot. Bronze and Burgundy are pretty sweet as well.

Of course my favorite color on a Charger is the one it was born with.  :icon_smile_wink:

Just 6T9 CHGR

I like the MM1 bronze color on a 68.  A few members have it on here
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger-Bodie

BLACK  there is likely more black 68 chargers now then when they were new! and mine is one of them!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

SeattleCharger

You are asking what is the current most favorite color?  but not personal favorite color?   so  you mean what would be the most common color today?  or the most favorite color of the majority of people?    I guess if black is most popular overall and more cars are painted black, then originally, I would say black.
   You have bullit, blade, mike's car will help, the grindhouse one is sort of black, maybe black primer, the fast and the furious, so movies like black, a lot of people might relate to the general lee, more of the public that isn't charger or mopar people, but not saying that's most popular color though, maybe just a well known charger,      I can't decide what color I would go if I could go any color, was originally QQ1 blue

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

GTX

I'm trying to decide whether I would go ahead and paint my car a color that I like even though is really popular or go to something less seen.
Of course the color de jour will probably change by the time I'm ready.

THE CHARGER PUNK

if its a 1968 dodge charger there only is one color......BLACK :yesnod:

Lee01

Current ride:
2012 Boss 302 YB #0664
2018 WRX
2018 Crosstrek
2004 SRT-4
WTB 68-69 Charger

CharlieCharger

I bet bullitt has influenced  more triple blacks than there was from the factory..I would have to agree with it though. :yesnod:
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

GTX

Hmmm, mine came white with blue interior.......... :scratchchin:
I have a buddy with a white '69. Not too bad but I've always been partial to the greens after having one and that's wort of what I've been thinking of.
Then again, Mr Angry sure looks sweet and black is always great on a '68 but I'd hate to be a copy cat even though about 2000 miles separates us.
I'm thinking that maybe Bullrun might spawn a new resurgence in popularity of black '68 Chargers.  Duke orange for '69 and Angry black for '68's

Maybe I should patent a paint code while I can and trademark it Angry black!!!! ;D ;D

Quote from: Lee01 on April 19, 2007, 12:55:51 PM
I'm a sucker for white car! Enought said :P

Chris G.

Quote from: GTX on April 19, 2007, 06:10:29 PM
Hmmm, mine came white with blue interior.......... :scratchchin:

That is one sweet combo! If it were mine, I would keep it just like that.  :yesnod:

HITMAN 149

i remember when this 68 was on ebay!!! i was thinkin about it!! i was trying to get someone to look at it for me. i think it wenty for @$22K, if i remember correct..about 1 -1 1/2 yrs ago. was up in minnesota.
i have a bunch of pics of it!!! beatufull car!!!!!!!!!
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

dkn1997

Red is most popular.  It's because the red ones are fastest....
RECHRGED

Charger-Bodie

that white charger was in minneapolis st paul minnesota i actually thout about that one too  :yesnod:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

GTX

That looks exactly like the '68 R/T 4sp car that  I was going to buy in high school but the guy wrecked it driving head on into a wall racing it during lunch the day we were to make the deal.
Well, that one is shinier and doesn't have the ass end up in the air like we all did back then.

I wouldn't sell for 22k myself.

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on April 19, 2007, 07:40:27 PM

i remember when this 68 was on ebay!!! i was thinkin about it!! i was trying to get someone to look at it for me. i think it wenty for @$22K, if i remember correct..about 1 -1 1/2 yrs ago. was up in minnesota.
i have a bunch of pics of it!!! beatufull car!!!!!!!!!

Stentboy

SeattleCharger

I don't know what color this is.
well, I know its blue, but what color blue, I don't know, medium light blue

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Anders

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on April 19, 2007, 08:37:37 AM
I like the MM1 bronze color on a 68.  A few members have it on here

Mine is a factory MM1. I think SS1 yellow is also nice, but you can't go wrong with a black 68.
68 Charger

RECHRGD

13.53 @ 105.32

BB1

Delete my profile

ck1

QQ1 is my car that was repainted once in B5 which is a 69 color, But I like them all in any color, Black is really nice from a distants but never liked the way it looks up close............I think you would have to do some resreach on BJ to see what top dollar cars go for which is seems usually black, blue or red take your pick.........
CJK

Manfred318

JJ1 for me, but I'm kinda partial to that one :yesnod: Over all I would think black, blue or red would be the most popular.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

deputycrawford

You mentioned going a less seen color. How about the FF1 light poly green. My 69 is what they call F3 green, I believe its the same green as the 68 FF1. I have been to several Charger only meets. I was at the 20th aniversary meet in Jefferson, MO and only saw maybe 2 or 3 light green Chargers and there were 165 in attendance. Open the link below and click on the pic of my Charger at Milan Dragway. It will open several pics of the car in a friend's driveway. You might like the light green look. Its different, although I think the white top is what sets it off a bit. Have fun with your choice.

http://www.geocities.com/kc8lbo/
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.