News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what is the ultimate mopar car show each year?

Started by runninhorn, April 14, 2007, 07:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerboy69

I have been to Nationals the last 10 years, and it is always a good time. The after the show night events is what make Nationals such a good time. The night cruise at Heath is a blast. And Brice Rd. is a good time as well.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

AKcharger

If you got to Carlisle don;t forget to say your car club is DODGECHARGER.com...we're getting a tent this year!

Bob

Quote from: AKcharger on April 17, 2007, 06:35:58 AM
If you got to Carlisle don;t forget to say your car club is DODGECHARGER.com...we're getting a tent this year!

I guess I'm half blind or to busy looking for the that deal of a lifetime but, I look every year and can't find the rally area. When you get the location can you post it here. Much appreciated.
Thanks
Bob

Ghoste

The Nats have been the highlight of my summer since the first one in 1981.

Chris G.

Carlisle is the place to be. I need to make it to The Nats this year or next. Mopars at the Strip is another one I want to go to and also MoparFest in Canada.

dukeboy_318

I may have over looked it, but does anyone know the dates/events for the NATs this year, ive never been but I might have the chance to go this year.
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: dukeboy_318 on April 18, 2007, 09:49:07 AM
I may have over looked it, but does anyone know the dates/events for the NATs this year, ive never been but I might have the chance to go this year.

August 10-11-12.
http://www.moparnats.org/
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

bill440rt

I've been going to the Carlisle Mopar show since it's inception, & I've been to the Nat's once. Hemigeno has summed it up very nicely.

Carlisle is BY FAR the better of the two, if the show & swap meet is your thing. If you like drags & cruises, then the Nat's has that part covered. Personally, I'm more into the show/swap thing. The Nat's is very unorganized.

The only thing Carlisle is missing is OE-Certification type judging. They only have the SME judged class, & then the Fun Field. The SME is just a classification conjured up by Totally Auto. It's not a "real" form of originality judging, it's mainly for modified or over-restored cars. If Carlisle put into an expanded judged field or OE judging class, it would by far blow away the Nats, car show-wise.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Stentboy

Quote from: bill440rt on April 18, 2007, 08:07:07 PM
I've been going to the Carlisle Mopar show since it's inception, & I've been to the Nat's once. Hemigeno has summed it up very nicely.

Carlisle is BY FAR the better of the two, if the show & swap meet is your thing. If you like drags & cruises, then the Nat's has that part covered. Personally, I'm more into the show/swap thing. The Nat's is very unorganized.

The only thing Carlisle is missing is OE-Certification type judging. They only have the SME judged class, & then the Fun Field. The SME is just a classification conjured up by Totally Auto. It's not a "real" form of originality judging, it's mainly for modified or over-restored cars. If Carlisle put into an expanded judged field or OE judging class, it would by far blow away the Nats, car show-wise.
I'm entering my very stock Challenger RTSE in SME this year,and I hope the standard  it is judged by is OEM and not a Restomod standard.

hemi-hampton

Woodward Dream Cruise. 15 miles long of Cars. LEON.

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: Stentboy on April 18, 2007, 09:28:30 PM
I'm entering my very stock Challenger RTSE in SME this year,and I hope the standard  it is judged by is OEM and not a Restomod standard.

Maybe you've seen this already Stentboy but if not, take a look.
http://www.totallyautoinc.com/smejudging.html
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

bill440rt

Quote from: TripleBlackGator on April 19, 2007, 07:40:10 AM
Quote from: Stentboy on April 18, 2007, 09:28:30 PM

Maybe you've seen this already Stentboy but if not, take a look.
http://www.totallyautoinc.com/smejudging.html

Thanks, Gator! You saved me a lot of typing!  :yesnod:

Stentboy, best of luck to you in this year's SME. I hope you don't think I was bashing it, that was not the point. I personally have entered in both the SME & the OE, & I can say from personal experience they are VERY different. The SME is a 100-point system designed by Totally Auto for modified & over-restored cars. The OE-Certified is based on a 2000-point system for correctness in appearance as it left the factory as per the fender tag & build sheet.
The only problem with the Carlisle car show, if there is one, is that the SME is the ONLY judged portion of the car show there. The Fun Field is participant's choice.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce