News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How much should I offer $$$$

Started by chgr500, April 17, 2007, 10:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chgr500

Looking at buying this Charger....looks kinda rusty......would be a parts car likely...don't see much valuable...hoping the interior is decent..buckets console???....waiting for response from the owner so I can see the car.

What do think it may be worth???....of course I don't want to pay much!....$500???

http://vancouver.craigslist.org/car/308745645.html

hutch

In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

67_Dodge_Charger

At least 2K.  $500..... not likely.  It is rusted but it has all of the parts and it might be running.

anyway that is my 2 cents.

good luck
Robert

hemihead

Even parts cars aren't getting any cheaper these days.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

rare69

five hundred sounds about right. i just bought a 72 rust free driver for three hundred and fifty, then turned around and sold it to a good friend for what i bought it for. good deals are still out there you just have to look harder now.

Fitz73Chrgr

I got my 73 in running, driving shape with virtually no rust for $1200.  The guy was asking $2700 I believe.

But the ad says make offer, so do just that.  I think $500 might be a little low, but who knows, he may take it.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

chgr500

Quote from: rare69 on April 17, 2007, 10:59:23 AM
five hundred sounds about right. i just bought a 72 rust free driver for three hundred and fifty, then turned around and sold it to a good friend for what i bought it for. good deals are still out there you just have to look harder now.

Doesn't appear to have alot to offer....318 even running is still worth next to nothing..trans diff worth notta...body appears and sounds rusty from the description....so what's left to make money on???.....interior and some exterior trim, tail lamps grilles and bumper fillers...don't see any parts for my '71....lookin to feed the Charger fund lol...anything else of value I am missing? ...looks like an SE..maybe a rally cluster and harness?

ramit

I would offer $500 and maybe go up to $700 if you want it bad enough.  I would only offer that much if it has bucket seats, console, and rallye gauges.  If it doesn't have any of that I would have a hard time paying $700.

CharlieCharger

Quote from: rare69 on April 17, 2007, 10:59:23 AM

I wish I could find some deals that good. I'd go with 1200  :yesnod:
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

TUFCAT

Did you see the car yet to find out about the interior - I think buckets and a console could seal the deal for a grand.  :scratchchin:

LargerCharger383

TruckDriver

Quote from: LargerCharger383 on April 17, 2007, 03:41:09 PM
$1,000 at most
:iagree:

The guy admits there is rust in the frame. Now, if the rust is no big deal as in no holes, then maybe $1,500 tops. I think 2k would be insane. There are a lot of 3rd gens around for less than $1,500. yet.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

NHCharger

I'd go $ 750. tops. I picked up a 72 parts car with only 78k miles on it for $500. I bought it because it had the canopy vinyl roof like my other two Chargers, ralley cluster and most of the trim was in decent shape. I would have never bought it to try and part it out for money. Too much work for too little return.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

hutch

man $750 tops, you guys are making me feel like I got ripped off.
:-X
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

Silver R/T

$500, wouldnt even bother buying it for more. I can get straight body 74 for $500 here, no rust
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

twilt

Looks like a typical $500-$600 parts car to me. its fairly obvious that all the sheetmetal is trash.     

Drache

Now don't forget the currency conversions lol! This is a CANADIAN car!  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Doright

500-750 tops if it runs and drives for 73 - 74
71 - 72 depends on model & condition and a few other factor's

Doright
A&P FCC 
I play with cars because Jets are way too serious to be fun any more
I have so many car projects that cars are beginning to be no fun any more

Charger1973

Quote from: ramit on April 17, 2007, 12:57:20 PM
I would offer $500 and maybe go up to $700 if you want it bad enough.  I would only offer that much if it has bucket seats, console, and rallye gauges.  If it doesn't have any of that I would have a hard time paying $700.

:iagree:

$750 is high end for what I would give for a real good parts car.

All 73/74 SEs came with the rallye gauges.

chgr500

Well I got a reply from the fellow this evening as follows

I've been getting a number of enquiries, the email below went to some of the people who expressed interest and provides more information.

To answer some of the questions:

the transmission is automatic;

in terms of is the car driveable, I was driving the car (mainly on the weekends only) until about mid February. I was having problems because of the seized caliper (car would pull to the side when I braked, and the front would vibrate sometime, I didn't know the caliper was seized, if it hadn't seized I'd likely still be driving it). When the mechanic put it up on the hoist and told me the caliper was seized, he pointed out the rust in the subframe and also other rust. I've decided not to hold on to it.

the front seats are bucket, but in bad shape, the interior is generally in bad shape.

in terms of how much I am looking for, I am told that these cars are hard to find. If this car was fixed up, it'd be pretty nice. One friend in the car business said to ask for $2,500, somebody else thought I'd get less. Guess I am going to get what someone is willing to pay.

So I am going to ask for $2,000 or best offer. If you think $2,000 is too high, tell me and give me your best offer; don't worry if it's low, I won't be offended. Of course you'll need to come and see it before you actually buy, because it will be as is where is.

Will he be offended if I offer him $250?....I think my first thought at $500 is too high...cars been listed for eight days now....doubtful I will follow through with this one.

Amazes me how people can put alot of value to a car like this....318 rustbucket for 2k  :hah:

tecmopar

Just watch, Some dope will give him 2G or so for it.

69charger2002

yeah if he thinks because of the interest he can get $2000 or close to it, then it sounds like cash offer he will take $1200-1500. he may not be offended if you offer $250, but don't expect a reply. he will probably get close to $1500 for it.. some people need the parts that bad
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

twilt

You would need to actually look at the car in person to make a realistic and fair offer.  What is known is that the car has buckets, Rallye Gauges, console. Those items MIGHT be worth something if they are in decent shape. However, usually they are not. If the wiring harness is cobbled, the instrument cluster cut for a after market radio,console faded and cracked, bucket seats foam damaged and  tracks rusty.....those items then are worth little to nothing. Also, I would inspect items like tail lights, grilles, all trim, for condition. Examples... A nice set of tail lights with good lenses might be worth $200-$300.... typical trash with cracked housings, yellowed reverse lenses, and rusty bulb sockets are not worth anything at all. A nice set of bumper filler trim would be worth $$$ but if the front center piece is missing (typical) and the rest is busted up and cracked...the stuff is worth nothing at all. 318/904 worthless, rusty body parts worthless, good glass is a plus if you need it..worthless if you are trying to sell it.     
I would also want to look at how the car is optioned- looking for things such as A/M F/M radio, Power windows, rear sway bar, Cruise, rear defog. etc etc  . Believe me its the value/condition of the options and small trim items that makes a parts car a good or bad deal. The good news is that the price of scrap is high right now, so you can probably get another $150 or more just for the rusty scrap. 

Goldfinger71

1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

Drache

IF there was no trust in the frame hten ya I would say asking $2,000 for a Canadian car like that is the norm... but the rust in the frame make it a parts car in my eyes and that is NOT worth the asking price! Damn Canuck!  :D
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire