News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Custom car ideas

Started by ChargerRT440, April 16, 2007, 11:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerRT440

I've been tossing ideas around in my head about a bunch of little things. I was thinking about building my own custom car. About the size of a Chevy Sprint made out of fiberglass in a Corvette/MG Midget type bodystyle. I'd make a custom tube chassis/roll cage all in one. and I'd run say a rotary style motor with a turbo and a manual transmission with a rear axle bolted right to it. I'd be aiming for about 2000 lbs total. I'd really want say 1500 lbs and about 300 hp.

What do you guys think?

Shakey

Sounds great!  Post some progress pics when you can.

Brock Samson

:scratchchin:  i wanna build a mid-engined 12 Cyl. four wheel drive two seater shaped like a bullet, about 42 inches high with twin radiators just ahead of the rear wheels.

I've been doing sketches since i was 16.

ChargerRT440

lol well my goal(and reason for the 4 banger) is to build a small street legal car that I can fit in with not alot but at least some comfort something I could drive every day without having to go to the chiropractor because I'm stuck in a cramped interior all day.I was amazed because when I jumped in this little MG Midget I fit almost perfectly If the seat would have been like 4 inches back I would have fit great so thats my goal.

I was actually thinking of designing a body with lines like a early 90's corvette but smaller and a little different look. currently I'm thinking for the chassis to buy an M body(Diplomat type cars) and steal the K member and suspension, axle, and steering.

I'm planning on autometer guages with a nice interior that would have racing seats and racing belts.

I've got it all pictured in my head except for the way the car looks lol.

jasonfromIKILLYA

I thought this was going to be about ideas for customizing our chargers!  :)  I have a few of those....  For instance, I've never seen one with a targa top!  :D
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

OttawaCharger

Quote from: Brock Samson on April 17, 2007, 09:20:33 AM
   :scratchchin:  i wanna build a mid-engined 12 Cyl. four wheel drive two seater shaped like a bullet, about 42 inches high with twin radiators just ahead of the rear wheels.

I've been doing sketches since i was 16.
It seems to me that "Hot Wheels" had something like that  :vert:
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

Mike DC

There's a lot to be said for lightening up & shrinking a sports car. 

Same tires/wheels/brakes/springs/motor/gears, but it's controlling only half the vehicle mass it originally was . . . you've got a hi-po sports car made entirely out of cheap stock passenger car parts.

eSJayDee

I'm certainly no expert on designing cars, but I assume that if you connect a tranny direct to a fixed rear axle you've got problems.
Wheels go up & down (independently), so does the axle and also will move sideways slightly due to this.  You'd have to have some sort of suspension for your engine & tranny then, wouldn't you?

dkn1997

I want to design a car that is 3' tall with a flat head, and then turns into a pizza at midnight.
RECHRGED