News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"Drive" on Fox

Started by 70charginglizard, April 16, 2007, 11:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charginglizard

Missed the premire on Sunday but I think they repeated it tonight. Shows kinda weird but the scene with the challenger at the end was pretty awesome. That thing was haulin!

The Chally was introduced tonight and of coarse...It finished up in first place tonight. Heavy Metal Mopar Baby!

Gonna have to start watchin this one I think.  :icon_smile_big:

http://www.fox.com/drive/
70charginglizard

jackel440

I thought it was going to be cheesy but so far i have to say i'm hooked.
that chally is bad a!!!!!!!!!!

triple_green

You got to love the dorks (on the message board) who think a 70 Challenger is a 72 Charger.....

They did say it was a 72 Challenger on the show though......I would think the owner of that car would help them get it right! :brickwall:

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

TruckDriver

The fact that the show looked very cheesy in the commercials, and the fact that they played the commercials so much as to drill the show into your head, turned me off. This doesn't seem like a show that will last long anyway. You can only build so much of a story line around a race. Maybe it's just me, but as I'm getting older, The only tv I like is REAL reality shows like The Deadliest Catch, or Bullrun, or Man vs. Wild. Stuff like that.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

triple_green

Sort of a "LOST" in cars.
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

CharlieCharger

I watched it, and was surprised that they did not wreck the car in the first 10 secs..But im sure that car is a gonner at the end of the show..Hopefully not, but the acting is a little cheesy IMO ..perhaps it will grow on me :D  :yesnod:
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

Neal_J

Wll, um, I liked the bounty hunter.

Neal

Ponch ®

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on April 17, 2007, 09:24:44 AM
The fact that the show looked very cheesy in the commercials, and the fact that they played the commercials so much as to drill the show into your head, turned me off. 

Same here. I've still also yet to watch an episode of 24 or Prison Break for that same reason - too overhyped, and when I hear the grandma-type secretaries talking about them in the lunch room, that's a pretty sure sign I don't wanna watch them. Besides, there was now way in hell that last Sunday I was gonna miss The Tudors, Sopranos, and Entourage just to watch "Drive".
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

CharlieCharger

Quote from: Ponch ® on April 17, 2007, 01:36:27 PM
The fact that the show looked very cheesy in the commercials, and the fact that they played the commercials so much as to drill the show into your head, turned me off. 

Same here. I've still also yet to watch an episode of 24 or Prison Break for that same reason - too overhyped, and when I hear the grandma-type secretaries talking about them in the lunch room, that's a pretty sure sign I don't wanna watch them. Besides, there was now way in hell that last Sunday I was gonna miss The Tudors, Sopranos, and Entourage just to watch "Drive".

Prison Break is actually a good show IMO, My fav would have to be The Shield though.  :yesnod:
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

TruckDriver

Quote from: Ponch ® on April 17, 2007, 01:36:27 PM

Same here. I've still also yet to watch an episode of 24 or Prison Break for that same reason - too overhyped
:iagree:

Pretty much ANYTHING on the FOX network is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over hyped. The only shows on the Fox network I will watch whatsoever is Cops & Nascar. I watched 24 once and thought it was terible. All it is, is explosions, and Jack yelling. ::) :P
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Silver R/T

it was worth watching it cause Chally was in it
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

RT DAVE

I missed Monday's episode.  Did anybody else think it was funny when the character driving the truck (I dunno his name) tried styling the new charger and it died on him?   Hahaha! 
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Silver R/T

Just watched 3rd episode, Chally still in it. Pretty good show so far

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Silver R/T on April 23, 2007, 11:14:24 PM
Just watched 3rd episode, Chally still in it. Pretty good show so far
:iagree:

Steve P.

I only caught a few minutes of it and it didn't grab me..

24 is going down hill like a mud slide. That started to slide last year.

Lost still has about 55% of my attention. 

The Soprano's SUCK this year...

Drag Racing, Bullrun and ENTOURAGE have me in front of the TV without a doubt..  :yesnod:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

CharlieCharger

They shouldn't have put that guy in there bleeding all over the seats. :D At least it has not been wrecked as of yet..If it does well then  :brickwall:

SirNik73

Just read the show has been cancelled... and i was just starting to really like it.
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

Silver R/T

cancelled? I guess we'll see next monday

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

SirNik73

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drive_%28TV_series%29

check it out.

that ordered 13 episodes. so hopefuly they finish showing them.
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

pettyfan43

ON their website it says "final 2 episodes coming this summer, Stay TUned"

They suck. They do this constantly and are the world's worst to yank a show before anybody CAN get into it.

As soon as somebody figures out that Bones is actually a good show, they will pull it, no sense taking a chance or setting a precedent!

Ponch ®

heh...I never watched it nor was I inclined to. Seeing the previews over and over again turned me off to it - seemed like the worst show ever. Yeah, it was about cars and whatnot...but Showgirls was about strippers, and it wasn't any good either.

Heh....network TV has been irrelevant for years. The best shows are on cable anyway.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

SirNik73

hey Ponch,

check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAlCezVkZQE

I wasn't going to watch it ether, but i was sick and bored, so i torrented the first few episodes, the first 2 were ok, but the last 5 min of the 3rd episode had me hooked! the 4th episode was good as well. It seems like one of those shows that is just getting better and better, but its be cancelled so we will never know how good it could have been.

I know what you mean about over load of the previews. I like the shows on FX some more then others, but it seems like those guys don't make a bad show, but i will not watch Dirt because literly every other ad on that station for like 4 months was an ad for Dirt.
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

Ponch ®

Quote from: SirNik73 on April 26, 2007, 01:48:37 PM
hey Ponch,

check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAlCezVkZQE

I wasn't going to watch it ether, but i was sick and bored, so i torrented the first few episodes, the first 2 were ok, but the last 5 min of the 3rd episode had me hooked! the 4th episode was good as well. It seems like one of those shows that is just getting better and better, but its be cancelled so we will never know how good it could have been.

I know what you mean about over load of the previews. I like the shows on FX some more then others, but it seems like those guys don't make a bad show, but i will not watch Dirt because literly every other ad on that station for like 4 months was an ad for Dirt.

I think I read over at the LX board that the next two episodes are supposed to be available for streaming online.

Steve P.

I watched the UTUBE vid. to see what you where all talking about.. Now I know why it was tossed out on it's ass.. The Chally weaving when it didn't need to and the sound loop that was stuck on SHIFT..

Either that or the Chally had a 78 speed transmission...  When are these HOLLYWOOD types going to start showing thing in THE REAL WORLD??

I would much rather watch my grass grow.. Keeping it on the air is the same as this..   :horse:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

CharlieCharger

Quote from: Steve P. on April 26, 2007, 04:39:08 PM
I watched the UTUBE vid. to see what you where all talking about.. Now I know why it was tossed out on it's ass.. The Chally weaving when it didn't need to and the sound loop that was stuck on SHIFT..

Either that or the Chally had a 78 speed transmission...  When are these HOLLYWOOD types going to start showing thing in THE REAL WORLD??

I would much rather watch my grass grow.. Keeping it on the air is the same as this..   :horse:

I don't think anyone noticed that the HWY 75 in Florida between Tampa, and Gainesville does not contain any desert land or mountains. :icon_smile_big: If you lived there you would have laughed anyway. :yesnod:

Neal_J

Steve P.

Quote from: CharlieCharger on April 26, 2007, 04:44:42 PM

I don't think anyone noticed that the HWY 75 in Florida between Tampa, and Gainesville does not contain any desert land or mountains. :icon_smile_big: If you lived there you would have laughed anyway. :yesnod:

For cripes sake.. I do live between Tampa and Gainsville. I surely didn't notice anything in the U-Tube flick. All I noticed is that the sound of shifting gears was constant..   There is a sandy patch around Croom*, but damn sure no mountains. Florida has very, very small hills and they are far and few between..

Maybe they will show someone snow skiing next.. :D
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Silver R/T

They showed episode  where they're in TN but it sure doesnt look like TN all desert. Of course its still better than House and some other gay shows

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

CharlieCharger

Quote from: Steve P. on April 26, 2007, 08:41:18 PM
Quote from: CharlieCharger on April 26, 2007, 04:44:42 PM

For cripes sake.. I do live between Tampa and Gainsville. I surely didn't notice anything in the U-Tube flick. All I noticed is that the sound of shifting gears was constant..   There is a sandy patch around Croop*, but damn sure no mountains. Florida has very, very small hills and they are far and few between..

Maybe they will show someone snow skiing next.. :D
It was in the 2-3 episode on the T.V..However they did get the color of the F.H.P cars right..green grassy hills..like at the rest stop outside of ocala that has that observation station? I lived in the Dade City/ Ridgemanor area on hwy 50..these hills they showed on that episode looked like they were in west Texas LOL ...rocky outcrops n stuff lol ..anyway I'm glad some one else would think that was funny..as some one said earlier no attention to detail..your right next would be snow skiing and cat tractors that ride around in the artic  :D