News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

any issues with Jimsautoparts.com?

Started by hutch, April 16, 2007, 10:13:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch

I have ordered twice from Jimsautoparts.com and both times it took over a month for me to get my part in the mail.  I have gone to other sites to get the same parts at about the same price and got the parts in less than a week.  Anyone else have any issues with turn around from this site?  They have lots of stuff listed and it would be a nice one stop shop on the internet. I just hate to wait that long for something.

thanks.
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

BigBlockSam

Jim's sucks , there are a lot of places to get parts that stand behind there orders . Jim's does not . avoid them if possible. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparguy01

Alot of people have issues with Jim's. I've never ordered from them just due to their reputation with people on the site.

twilt

Most people only order from them once.  ;)

hutch

well thats good to know.  Thats why I kept my orders down to just one or two so I can test them out.  I think they are the type that dont have any real inventory and just order from other locations.

41husk

I have the same issues with R/T specialties, but most of the things I purchase from them I can't get somewere else.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

RAWPWR

I live near Jim's and his store not all that big, just a small show room, with stuff in the back and at a warehouse he has I think. Anyway, I've heard from different people that his prices seem to change on the fly, even after the order.
I use him because like I said, I live near him and do not have to pay any shipping charges for items. just my  :Twocents:
68 R/T Charger 440<br />00 Dakota

HDCharger

Don't do it!  Find it elsewhere if at all possible.
MSG, US Army, Retired
1973 Charger SE
1976 Stepside Powerwagon
2007 Ram 1500 Laramie
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
1967 Dodge Truck

TUFCAT

My biggest issue with Jim's is they are hard to reach by phone  ::) (that's the #1 issue ) and when you do, the shipping takes a long time  :flame:   So for the most part, if they're one of the cheapest sources,  you should also expect some hassles included FREE of charge.  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: 

cool440

Quote from: RAWPWR on April 16, 2007, 10:53:57 AM
I live near Jim's and his store not all that big, just a small show room, with stuff in the back and at a warehouse he has I think. Anyway, I've heard from different people that his prices seem to change on the fly, even after the order.
I use him because like I said, I live near him and do not have to pay any shipping charges for items. just my  :Twocents:

I would have to agree with everyone on Jim's.  I only ordered once from him, an ignition switch for my '69 Charger.  As you may know it is a one year switch and tough to find.  Jim quoted me $100 for the switch which is WAAAAY more than it retails.  His reply after I commented on the exhorbanate pricing was "I have one and no one else does. Do you want it this bad?"  Pissed off I paid him and swore him off and haven't bought from him ever again.

What a jerk!  He throws away future sales for a quick buck.  Not my kind of guy to do business with.
69 Charger (R/T clone), 440 (60 over bore) edelbrock performer RPM top end, balanced, nothing second rate) over 500hp, new drive train, 727 rebuild manual shift reverse valve train, TTI headers and exhaust, painless wiring, autometer phantom gauges.  My true garage resto! Very Proud of her.

bull

It's too bad about Jim's. They have a really good website and lots of cool parts but it's apparent the owners really don't give a rip about their customers. If they don't enjoy what they're doing why don't they sell the business to someone who does?

deputycrawford

I ordered from Jim's once. He quoted me a price, I bought it and he shipped it. It arrived in the mail and bill was for exactly twice the price. I called him and told him of the mix up. He told me it was the last one and mentioned supply and demand dictates the price. I told him not after the sale. He flat out cheated me. I sent it back, got my money back to my credit card and never used him again.
     An old Chinese proverb says something about, "Take me once, shame on you. Take me twice, shame on me. " You don't say things like that and double charge someone without their approval and expect to keep your good name.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

BigBlockSam

they mailed me a dented six pack air filter lid . when i tried to return it they said it happened in shipping . that i should go after the shipper . the box was perfect  not crushed or anything . the women on the phone kept hanging up on me . it took me 8 months to get the money from fed x . they kept saying that it couldn't be dented if the box wasn't even marked up. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

hutch

maybe this site should tack a list of perfered or ranked vendors we have all done business with?  So far I like napa.  :icon_smile_big:

I have had a hard time finding the best deals.  Most places just order from other sellers mark up the part then sell it as if they have it on stock.  I am a victom of what Google finds for me.

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Goldfinger71

1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

HDCharger

BigBlockSam, Thats exactly what happened to me.  Woman on the phone said they would pay shipping for me to return a windshield Wiper motor bur they never paid and I had a hassle with FedEx forever over it.  She hung up on me a couple times and I was even being polite about it.  Haven't bought from them since and won't.
MSG, US Army, Retired
1973 Charger SE
1976 Stepside Powerwagon
2007 Ram 1500 Laramie
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
1967 Dodge Truck

BigBlockSam

QuoteHaven't bought from them since and won't. 

:yesnod:  i'll never use them again. i've used Jacks many times and returned a couple of things. no problem .