News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

#@#%@ Thiefs

Started by toqwik, April 15, 2007, 10:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toqwik

Got wiped out in my storage garage today, lost

All the chrome, stainless, Glass, and interior to my 68 Charger
ZZ3 350 Chevy motor on stand
TCI turbo 350
New holley 750 dual line double pumper
new accel HEI gm dist with wires
new B&M shifter

Thieves suck........... >:( >:( >:( >:(

terrible one

That's horrible man. I hate it for you. And the worst thing is the punks probably don't know what all that trim, etc. goes to and will end up just pitching it or something.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: toqwik on April 15, 2007, 10:22:25 PM
Got wiped out in my storage garage today, lost

All the chrome, stainless, Glass, and interior to my 68 Charger
ZZ3 350 Chevy motor on stand
TCI turbo 350
New holley 750 dual line double pumper
new accel HEI gm dist with wires
new B&M shifter

Thieves suck........... >:( >:( >:( >:(

Thieves do suck :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

toqwik

Bad thing is the motor , trans and stainless was prob sold for scrap >:( >:(

Reward is offered..........

69bronzeT5

Like you said, the engine, tranny, chrome and stainless stuff is probally gonna get sold for scrap. The glass is probally gonna get smashed for fun, the seats from the 68 are probally gonna get used as chairs in their "clubhouse" and the rest of the stuff will be probally get sold. Thieves SUCK! Thieves SUCK! Thieves SUCK! :RantExplode:

Mike DC

"It would have been worth HAVING IT HAPPEN,  if I coulda caught that motherf***er doing it."

dpm68

didja have insurance? At least that would soften the blow a bit...

toqwik

Don't know if I have insurance or not.  The charger is insured, but I don't know how that will play out being the parts were stored somewhere else.  Chevy stuff is definately not covered.

old man

Man there is nothing worse than have your home or shop gone thru by theives taking your possessions. You feel like you have been violated and it will take a long time to feel safe again. Here in Columbia we are having a rash of home invasions. They bust in your door while you are home or knock on the door and then when you answer throw a gun in your face. I wish they would try that crap in my house. They would be carried out feet first with a sheet over their body. About a month ago I had a knock on the door about two am. I pulled my .45 and went to the door and it was a girl who said she ran out of gas and wanted to use the phone. I let her in after checking to make sure she was alone. She came in and used the phone and you could tell she had been drinking. My wife had gotten up and came in the kitchen to see what was going on. When I handed the phone to the girl she saw the pistol in the small of my back and become nervouis. When done she said she would wait outside and joked " you won't call the law, I've had a little to drink". My wife told her that I was the law and she turned white as a sheet. She went outside and ran down the drive. I got dressed and went looking for her car. There was no car within a five mile raduis of our house. I think she was there to case the house and got a big surprise. I called the department and make a report with her discription. I hope they come back. If I don't get them my son who is also a deputy is upstairs with his own collection of firearms. 
70 Challenger T/A, 66 Charger 440, 73 Duster 340,79 Little Red Express

Shakey

I feel for ya man - terrible news.   :rotz:

TUFCAT

Very sorry to hear that, and I really feel bad for you because finding all the little trim parts is a major pain - Was it locked?  Do you think it was somebody who knew you, or what you had in there - - or random. What have the cops done so far? Any leads?

bordin34

Was it locked, in a secluded area, could there be any witnesses, was it in a storage unit.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

NYCMille

Oh man... really sorry to hear that dude....

Just 6T9 CHGR

Where are you located?  Maybe someone in your area can be on the look out for the parts...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chatt69chgr

I had $1000 worth of tools stolen from my garage many years ago.  An informant told the police who stole them and where they got rid of the tools.  It was a flea market over a 100 miles away.  So the stuff may not turn up locally.  But a e-mail to all the area car clubs would be in order.  Unfortunately, a lot of the self store places are inherently insecure.  Just a little padlock on the doors and no security, ie, video cameras, fences, gates, etc.  As far as your home, you should do a walk thru and determine if you were a thief the best way to steal your stuff.  I did that with my little detached garage.  Put iron bars on the one window and plywood on the wooden garage door windows and the entrance door windows.  Also put in much better locking system and put up floodlights that lit up the place all night long every night.  The thief made the comment to the informant that my place was like a prison yard now and that they lamented the fact that they couldn't come back and steal my little boat motor.  Little did they know that I had moved it to my mother-in-laws house.  Photographing all your stuff will really help you remember what you had in case someone does break in and steal from you.  I had not done this and after I turned in my loss to the insurance company, I remembered tools that I had forgoten to put on the list.  Also, my insurance at the time only covered 95% of my loss.  I dropped this insurance and got new insurance that covered 100%.  Didn't cost any more.  It took over a year for the feeling of being violated to go away.  Just think what women feel like that have been violated.  We can't even imagine.  It probably never goes away. 

TUFCAT

I'm bummed that this happened,  :icon_smile_sad: but it made me think a bit more about my car - - and the security of my "stuff"  :scratchchin:  I think everyone could be more careful , and we should use this unfortuante incident as a "heads up."  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

BigBlockSam

that blows, sorry man.
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

CharlieCharger

You know, I thought of putting my car in storage until I sell my house, this has made me think twice about putting it in a unit without video cameras  :rotz: Sorry for your loss man.
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

Charger1973

Quote from: CharlieCharger on April 16, 2007, 11:36:35 AM
You know, I thought of putting my car in storage until I sell my house, this has made me think twice about putting it in a unit without video cameras  :rotz: Sorry for your loss man.

:iagree:  I had the same problem last winter, and decided I would rather let it sit out in the snow where I could keep an eye on it, than locked in a storage shed for someone to break into. 

Sorry to hear about your parts man, maybe someone will have some spares and can help you out. 

bull

Keep an eye on Ebay for someone selling Charger parts from your area. Maybe you'll recognize some of it. If you bid on and win one of the auctions you'll have the guy's address. Tell us about the auction (if you are certain it's your parts being sold) and maybe we'll shill it for you to make sure you win. :yesnod:

Hemidog

ck1

I had a truck stolen several years ago and your never the same afterwords........always waiting for it to happen again :icon_smile_angry:
CJK

69bronzeT5

At our old house in Vancouver, somebody broke into our garage and they stole an empty $5 toolbox! The freaking idiots walked into a garage with a 69 Charger, a 70 GSX and tons of tools and parts in it and the steal an empty cheap toolbox. They must of needed a place for "their" other tools :D

TUFCAT

I didn't know there was any crime in Canada?  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

chargermick

That sucks man, I feel for you. I'd still hit some of the local flea markets and car shows, you never know, you just might get lucky.