News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DUKETONA update....

Started by GeneralLeeTESH, April 15, 2007, 09:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeneralLeeTESH

10.3 : 1    Compression Ratio...Barely Streetable. Set up for Tyre Frage... :yesnod: :2thumbs: :icon_smile_big:

1958 Truck Block. Simply Put... A TORQUE-Monster  !!! :scratchchin:
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

Saw a SIMILAR 354 Dual 4V engine built exacty like mine-AND it's a Junior Thompson Racing Motor like Mine !!!
The TESH

AirborneSilva

Sweet!  You gonna have valve covers like that guy?  You should have pics of a complete engine soon, I would guess.

tan top

good progress going on there  :yesnod:  ..................................... :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

GeneralLeeTESH

NOPE-going with the Traditional "Old-School" crinkle black 426-look  ! The Short block is built. I am guessing this week-the Heads will be finished and I'll be looking at a Completed Mill !
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

Well- Got the heads back. They are ported and polished and decked. Gone with  Chevy SS valves- 2.00 inch exhaust and 2.125" Intake valves. Gettin em dialed in right NOW. Going with Smith Bros. adjustable pushrods, also. Motor is coming apart tomorrow to accomodate flycutting the stock 392 pistons MORE !
Take a look...
The TESH

pandamarie

Hey Tesh is that an aluminum V12 Lincoln head sitting on your bench? I have a car that could use a set of those.

GeneralLeeTESH

Call Dave Day @ Aluminum Head Welders...and ask him !  253-740-3342
That is HIS Slingshot rail by the way.
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

GOT absolutely LUCKY today... Picked up this Lakewood Bellhousing/NHRA (0.25" thick) CHROME-Plated Scattershield  !!!  S C O R E  for $ 200.00   !!! I think this will go behind my HEMI, instead of my Aluminum one !
By the way-if anyone wants to buy the Aluminum Hemi-Bellhousing give me a call !  253-230-0834
The TESH

mikepmcs

MINT!! Nice score :2thumbs: :cheers:
Looking good Tesh!

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

GeneralLeeTESH

Bob flycut  the pistons . Started fit checking them for the larger 2.25" Intake valves !
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

The TESH

moparstuart

when does the motor get installed ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Chris G.

GeneralLeeTESH

Heads go on for final Valve clearance checks today (09-24-08); then, the motor gets painted HEMI orange, then the Oil Pan and Dipstick tube and intake manifold go on as well as the TC cover, Chevy BB water pump and March Pulleys set.
Will dyno the motor in a couple of weeks; then, take delivery for installation after that !

Bob does some of the best engine-build work I have seen in the NW. He's HONEST and DOES NOT work for free ! The old phrase, "you get WHAT you pay for" stands true! I am VERY satisfied with his help on my build!

Good luck finding anyone around you who KNOWS how to rebuild an engine Correctly as well as bring 50 years racing history/builds with him !

Bob DOES !  If you want your HEMI built RIGHT-the first time-call or e-mail him:
(253) 826-6222 hm  or (253) 985-7265 cell  email:  snarpeezl@aol.com
The TESH

mikepmcs

how about some more pics!  :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

GeneralLeeTESH

Will have more posted TONIGHT I believe (Thursday)  :icon_smile_big:" My buddy Jimmy "HEMI" Majors-who is restoring his GSS DART...he called Chrysler to order a 426 crate motor...apparently they have had a "bad run" of engine blocks from the current manufacturer...and are seeking a new vendor ! He was told Chrysler is looking for one now-BUT-no HEMIs are available to buy AT ALL !
I am SURE Glad I chose an "Old-School" engine-higher nickel content, proven history...and just OLD SCHOOL totally !!!
The TESH

Aero426

Reality Check:   John Arruzza, For Hemi's Only or any one of several competent shops could build you a real deal "old school" 426 Hemi that is reliable and at similar cost to what you've invested into your 392 project.    To suggest that you can't get a good 426 Hemi is not accurate. 

Troy

Jeg's has Mopar crate engines in stock as well. Crate engines have never had a great reputation any way so going with a reliable engine builder is a much better approach.

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

hemigeno

There have been several crate and custom-built 426 (& derivative) Hemi engines for sale on Moparts.  Troy at Westoaks would probably love to unload one or two of the engines he's had listed for a while now - with substantial discounts over list price too.

I agree with (our) Troy that a custom-built engine is better than a crate engine, and Ray Barton, Arruza, FHO, Larry Shepherd, etc. make a pretty good living selling 'em.

GeneralLeeTESH

Got the heads back today ! Ported exhaust ports are Flow-perfect!
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

Here they are...and Well worth it !!!
The TESH

hemi-hampton

Since were talking Old School Hemi's thought maybe some might enjoy this Pic of a Garage full of them :scratchchin: LEON.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

SFRT

392's are awesome, we just put a dual quad OG firepower one in my buddy's Model A custom. top to bottom blueprinted awesome build chock full of amazing parts ..it was about 6800.00 for the build and the pieces.

14 grand seems weird to me.

is there a cost breakdown you can post?
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us