News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DUKETONA update....

Started by GeneralLeeTESH, April 15, 2007, 09:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1968 Charger B5

lol Brock good one i like it!  haha
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
1970 Dodge Charger
1974 Plymouth Roadrunner
1998 Jeep Cherokee SRT

Brock Samson

good example to remember is...

When you paint your charger like this......

....it makes me throw up alittle in my mouth, and wanna beat the living crap outta' ya'.

and/or

....I need to feel good inside about my choices, so can you please praise me for being different?...

:2thumbs:

TUFCAT

Quote from: hemigeno on November 15, 2007, 06:32:15 PM

For the time being I'm going to leave such posts (like Rick's) in place along with a reminder.  However, be prepared for the tirade and attack replies to be removed.  They'll all end up on Troy's "desk" eventually, and those whose names come up often enough will probably be shown the door (again??  ;) ).

I'm good with that!!  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:   My vote is .....start busting some skulls.  Jan 1st - no more warnings.   For the record, I'm not perfect by any means, but some people are getting mean towards others. 

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: TUFCAT on November 15, 2007, 08:51:57 PM
Quote from: hemigeno on November 15, 2007, 06:32:15 PM

For the time being I'm going to leave such posts (like Rick's) in place along with a reminder.  However, be prepared for the tirade and attack replies to be removed.  They'll all end up on Troy's "desk" eventually, and those whose names come up often enough will probably be shown the door (again??  ;) ).

Jan 1st - no more warnings.   

I think it will be much sooner
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

70charger_boy

Aero426

Quote from: 1968 Charger B5 on November 15, 2007, 05:52:13 PM
I like how being negative coinsides with me being a "noob."  Well Tesh your idea is your idea and I have no problem with you wanting to build something that is cool to you, but don't post and ask for commments and think everyone will like it.  It seems I could build a brown wing car, with a green wing/stripe call it "Shit-tona" and be a hero around here.  Every one on here just kisses ass and I'm sorry for not jumping on that bandwagon.  Tesh your creation is acceptable and good luck with your project, just don't expect me to love it like everyone else, that is all Im saying. 

Your last sentence was all you needed to say.    There is something to be said for keeping ones mouth shut.     

If you were at a show, I'll bet you wouldn't be so rude to walk up to the man and tell him what you think of his car.    You'd probably just shake your head and walk by.   But somehow, being the man behind the computer screen empowers people to say dumb and insulting things.    Look, I am not a personal fan of the whole General Lee thing, ANY General Lee, but I don't run my mouth either.   Bottom line, if you don't like it, keep moving.   There's enough room for everyone.

pettybird

Quote from: GeneralLeeTESH on November 15, 2007, 04:43:55 PM
Anything "special" about steel vs aluminum cased tranny A 833s ???

They came a couple different ways--late model truck and Direct Connection.  The DC units are 18 spline.  The truck units are usually overdrive...  Either way, yeah Stewart has it right that they weigh a bunch less than the iron cases.

BROCK

Quote from: pettybird on November 16, 2007, 02:04:07 AM
Quote from: GeneralLeeTESH on November 15, 2007, 04:43:55 PM
Anything "special" about steel vs aluminum cased tranny A 833s ???

They came a couple different ways--late model truck and Direct Connection.  The DC units are 18 spline.  The truck units are usually overdrive...  Either way, yeah Stewart has it right that they weigh a bunch less than the iron cases.

Is the DC unit a large front....(what 5.18"  what bearing housing?)  like the truck unit?  Or did it swap as an outright boltin unit onto 426 HEMIs from 69?

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

GeneralLeeTESH

OK-went over to Mopar Mark Douglass'es home tonite to grab up some free 69 DC Parts. He helped my son James do a little "Learnin'Bout them Ol'Elephant Blocks" in his 71 Chally Verty !!!
TAKE a DROOL !!!
-Tesh
:o
The TESH

hotrod98

Reminds me of the underhood view of my chal.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

GeneralLeeTESH

O.K.  Me being the "Inventive Cheapskate" that I am- I HATE spending $ 125.00 PLUS Shipping for a USED set of pitted/potmetal Tail Light Panel Trim Pieces from a wrecking yard (as quoted last week).
My good friend Mark Douglas donated a bent SS center piece of Trim to DUKTONA. Thanks Mark. I straightened it out decently and saved money there; then installed it !
Myself-knowing the MUSTANG restoration business- I lowered my MOPAR pride a bit (as I did with the Lincoln Versailled 9.0" POSI DB rearend I put in the car) and purchased a set of brand new REPRO Mustang 67/68 Quarter Panel extension trim pieces )with hardware included for $32.00 mail order
NOTE: A Heat Gun can soften the Aluminum Trim with ease for Shaping/Bending the trim-BUT Wear Leather Gloves to avoid getting cut/burned !!!
The pictures below (and continued show the end result !!!)
:scratchchin: :2thumbs: :o ;) :hah: :cheers:
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

Continuing with the installation:.......
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

FINALLY...
The TESH

PocketThunder

No kidding?... .  that was some light blacksmithing if i ever seen it. :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

AirborneSilva

DukesofHoward

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 04, 2007, 04:02:05 PM
No kidding?... .  that was some light blacksmithing if i ever seen it. :yesnod:

Oh yeah!  I'll bet if he had a mind to, Tesh could turn his old lady's unused porcelain kilns into a smelter and mix his own alloys!!

Hell...he's got a friggin' homebuilt jet engine in his backyard!!

Hoo-ah buddy!

GeneralLeeTESH

Yep.
:scratchchin: :o
The TESH

Ghoste

That is far more amazing than the Duketona (and that's been quite a tale ).  :o

GeneralLeeTESH

Remember...Batman had a Jet Engine (same kind) on HIS car !!!
He had an Ejection seat. SO WILL Duktona !!! :nana: :yesnod: :laugh:
The TESH

moparstuart

Quote from: GeneralLeeTESH on December 05, 2007, 10:25:31 AM
Remember...Batman had a Jet Engine (same kind) on HIS car !!!
He had an Ejection seat. SO WILL Duktona !!! :nana: :yesnod: :laugh:
forget the hemi  use the jet engine

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

evil1

now THAT is cool !   :2thumbs:  what do you use as fuel ?

GeneralLeeTESH

Speakin of Xmas wishes come true-The FORGED pistons showed up today for the "balance" today !!! :drool5:
The TESH

66chargerkid

personally i like the car =) if i had half the imagination I would be one kick ass car builder :yesnod:

GeneralLeeTESH

Well..." ALL IT TAKES IS THE Desire & the ONE WHO IS a Tryer to Lite them Tyres A-Fire"..."Get out the Sketch Pad...DO NOT let ANYONE Discourage you"...-George Barris (  www.barris.com  )

-The TESH 2007

:yesnod: :icon_smile_big: :cheers:
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

OK-all you curious folks...Got the Adapter plate and bellhousing and clutch parts, mini hi-torque Starter ,
flywheel, tranny all into Dave Day's shop for alignment and final fit check with an existing 392 HEMI Dave has. After today-the flywheel and flywheel bolts, clutch plate, Pressure plate and TOB will all go into the Machine shop for balancing before final 396 HEMI assembly !
I broke my camera at Xmas time...so now I need to buy a new one...then more pics WILL be posted !!!
The TESH