News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DUKETONA update....

Started by GeneralLeeTESH, April 15, 2007, 09:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wheels of Terror

Quote from: mikepmcs on April 22, 2007, 12:10:05 PM
Looking good General! :2thumbs:

Looks like you really know your stuff.  Can't wait to see more pics and video too when you get him on the street.

v/r
Mike

Mike, you always have something nice to say. :angel: :cheers:   The General 'Tona is a neat idea! Can't wait to see it come together.
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
1982 KARR Knight Rider Replica
2009 Dodge Avenger
Looking for another Third Gen Charger

charger_mike75

that thing is coming along great, your doin a fine job man.     :2thumbs:

GeneralLeeTESH

I thank you all for the kind words. That IS what makes America so great and BEING American the best thing ever !!!  I also want to thank all who have died for us all serving our country for the FREEDOM we all have and the ability to CHOOSE how/where/why we build a car, etc.
Again-thanks for the support.
-Tesh
:patriot:
The TESH

AirborneSilva

Quote from: GeneralLeeTESH on July 30, 2007, 09:19:05 AM
I thank you all for the kind words. That IS what makes America so great and BEING American the best thing ever !!!  I also want to thank all who have died for us all serving our country for the FREEDOM we all have and the ability to CHOOSE how/where/why we build a car, etc.
Again-thanks for the support.
-Tesh
:patriot:

Hooah, Airborne Troop - Keep up the good work Tesh  :2thumbs:

GeneralLeeTESH

Roger That one. Now-the Electrical System work. It's done !!! Thank goodness for the 69 Dodge Service Manual I have. The wire diagrams in it are the EASIEST I have ever used in all 27 years working on all types of cars !
Note: the printed circuit board on the back of the Instrument Cluster has had all pins cleaned, re-soldered; then, treated to a"paint-stick/epoxy" reinforcement, (which I recommend strongly). Wire bundles have had all their contacts CLEANED with vinegar/baking soda, warm water.
-Tesh
:2thumbs:
The TESH

70charger_boy

Mark, I wish I had your energy.......

BigBlockSam

QuoteMark, I wish I had your energy 

:yesnod:  me too
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

GeneralLeeTESH

Just wait...have another  :cheers: and some  :popcrn: ! When the Elephant-block
(yes-the size of an Elephant's SKULL) shows up...the real ENGINEeering comes together   !!!  OLD School = Really COOL.  :scratchchin:
This car is set up for SERIOUS Stoppage, Tyre Roastage, Shitloadz of Elephantpower...and then some... :lol:
I am so STOKED man !!! Wait till I add the Nitrous package and 10 point roll cage !!!:yesnod: :smilielol:
The TESH

BigBlockSam

your losing your mind and i luv it!  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

70charger_boy

GeneralLeeTESH

OK-It's 12 dayz...but Who's Counting until the Elephant Mill arrives ! Serious stokage going on here. Cleaned-up the 12 layer paint held on the 50 yr old oil pan. It's a "center-sump" pan, which will work well with clearance of the Charger's steering linkage. I got this from Chuck Taylor, along with the oil pump and Ctr-sump pickup tube n screen !
Can you HEMI now  ???
:2thumbs: :o ;) :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :yesnod: :yesnod: :cheers:... :popcrn:... :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:
The TESH

daytonalo

can I ask what is the attraction with that old antique Hemi ????????? can you at least move the distributor to the front ????

IowaCharger69

The attraction is HEMI power without the 426 price tag. I have been so inspired by Tesh that I am picking up my 354 tomorrow. I hope to have it stroked out and in by this time next year. I can't wait to slap that HEMI badge on the side of my car!

daytonalo

I just built AN ALL NEW 472 STROKER HEMI , 11-1 , ALUM HEADS , 600 HP FOR 12K , NOW THATS CHEAP

70charger_boy

Quote from: IowaCharger69 on August 05, 2007, 01:17:35 AM
The attraction is HEMI power without the 426 price tag. I have been so inspired by Tesh that I am picking up my 354 tomorrow. I hope to have it stroked out and in by this time next year. I can't wait to slap that HEMI badge on the side of my car!

:iagree: I also admire Tesh's originality. 

AirborneSilva

Quote from: daytonalo on August 05, 2007, 06:55:56 AM
I just built AN ALL NEW 472 STROKER HEMI , 11-1 , ALUM HEADS , 600 HP FOR 12K , NOW THATS CHEAP

Man I'd love to have your connection for parts!

BigBlockSam

QuoteMan I'd love to have your connection for parts 

i'd like to have his talent for fabrication . i've seen his work close up. very nice!

AirborneSilva

Quote from: BigBlockSam on August 05, 2007, 11:20:43 AM
QuoteMan I'd love to have your connection for parts 

i'd like to have his talent for fabrication . i've seen his work close up. very nice!

LOL, yeah I certainly could use his tallent on my Charger  :yesnod:

Brock Samson

hey Rick,.. must you swear on everyone of your posts?.  :shruggy: an opinion no matter how popular or unpopular dosen't make you God ya' know?.  after all your only 23 years old..  :lol:

EDIT: B5s post has been removed.  :shruggy:

GeneralLeeTESH

Gentlemen-thank you for your passion ! I have a "scab-job" of an old Charger. I was told when I bought it-that it WAS used in the '05 DOH movie, then returned to HLPAG. Maybe it was-maybe NOT. I did not buy this car for ANY investment/collector value.I bought it to stuff an old 331 HEMI mill I bought 15 years ago into SOME kind of B-body car and enjoy it ! Mopar Charlie Gluck's cars/articles inspired me ! I enjoy Elbow-grease ENGINEERING. I believe in truly being able to take all my mechanics/machine shop/engineering skills to their limits as an ART-Form. Remember- I may be "doing it on the cheap..."-but so did NASA with the Saturn 5 in 1969 using the cheapest priced engineers/subcontractors to pull off the impossible-and LAND a MAN on the Moon as Kennedy quoted, "before the end of the decade-land a man on the moon and safely return him to the earth. This will not be easy-but will measure all the talents and capabilities of man in a combined effort. We do this because it is not easy, but because we believe in what we will accomplish-our energies combined for all..."
If you all look at the "wing-cars"of 69/70 (when we went to the MOON)...they were varied race cars with MANY color combinations-so they would be EASILY Recognizable on the track and they too were feats of engineering and ART combined ! This is what I celebrate.The 60's were a tumultuous TIME of ART/COLOR/WAR/Technological advancement. To have the talents/shop/crew that George Barris has had building The Munstermobile, Grandpa's Coffincar DRAGULA, The Batmobile, Knightrider, A-Team van, etc. inspired us all as we grew-up. Cars such as Herbie the Love Bug we've used at The Children's Orthopedic Hospital-sponsored vintage races here in Wash. State create MAGIC, awe and joy in all people. My cars stock-or not create this magic and joy; thus, joy for myself as their creator/restorer/engineer/artist. I do this FOR the Good for all...and do not believe in being NEGATIVE towards others, which is EVIL. We are Americans-a YOUNG country-yet the most creative/accomplished group of folks since the Romans to do GOOD for all in such a short time period !
Attached in the last 8 pages of this thread are pictures of my Wife's old '66 race-car , Herbie Our Love Bug, and Dave Day's old school 392 inspiring HEMI A-gas OLD SCHOOL nostalgic drag rail. I enjoy helping others re-build cars "shot to hell" and teach/inspire them to BELIEVE in themselves and their deep-rooted talent/capability/artistic feats. This is WHAT makes us all successful Americans.
Thank you
-The TESH
The TESH

IowaCharger69

Quote from: daytonalo on August 05, 2007, 06:55:56 AM

I don't even have that much in my car, car included. I think that your 472 is awesome, and I'd love to have one, but until then a stroked out 354 will have to do. In fact, a lot of old skool dragsters used to squeeze a hell of a lot of HP's out of those little elephants, I may not do that with mine, but ultra high performance is still an option.

GeneralLeeTESH

AMEN.
392/354/331...still available today..yet OLD School inspiring our young generation !
The TESH

BigBlockSam

hey Tesh, are you building a slingshot dragster? i've always wanted one of those.  :drool5:

GeneralLeeTESH

No . Dave Day is here in Auburn, Wash. He is the builder of many famous A-gas and other Rail cars. To find out MORE ! His religion is HEMI. He owns/operates Aluminum Head Welders of Auburn, WASH. REMEMBER this-if you want to have folks RUN quickly across the parking lot to see your car-or WIN a show trolphy many different times-put a HEMI under the hood ! This is a fact. Owning ANYTHING HEMI powered is as awesome as owning an old WW2 fighter plane in MY opinion. Another fact.
:o
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

Here's my "Cooter" pal Paul Reichert. The 392 DUAL 4-V mill is in "reciprocating parts-balance"...then it's "short-block assembly time" followed up by "Long-Block assembly time"; then it's DUAL 4V "Offy-time" followed up by the 100 Hp hit of NaO2 !!!
:lol: :2thumbs: :o :popcrn: :drool5: :icon_smile_big: :yesnod: :smilielol:
The TESH