News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DUKETONA update....

Started by GeneralLeeTESH, April 15, 2007, 09:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TUFCAT

Quote from: moparstuart on March 09, 2009, 09:15:18 AM
  that would be a cool picture if someone could photo shop the lift out  LOL

Yeah...it must get pretty damn dark where he lives.

GeneralLeeTESH

Yes it did at 8pm (when I finished my 12 hr welding job !)  :icon_smile_blackeye: :icon_smile_cool: :cheers:
The TESH

XS29J8

Quote from: GeneralLeeTESH on March 09, 2009, 01:24:05 PM
Yes it did at 8pm (when I finished my 12 hr welding job !)  :icon_smile_blackeye: :icon_smile_cool: :cheers:

Lookin good Tesh! Does the starter fit OK behind the steering linkage? Sure looks like a tight fit...................

Cheers,

Steve
HEMI 68 CHARGER R/T- 4-SPEED- 3.54 DANA- PP1 RED- BLACK VINYL TOP- PEARL WHITE UPHOLSTERY-STRIPE DELETE- AM 8 TRACK- NON CONSOLE- DRIVEN YEAR ROUND IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA http://900z1.multiply.com/  http://kawasaki-z-classik.com/index.php  https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmY22PaMZ1H3dFczVWR2ZlJaX1BvTDFIVUdUZVlseWc&hl=en&authkey=CPi1hp8J#gid=0

GeneralLeeTESH

No Problem ! The Hi-Torque (snoutless) mini starter from PAW works out just perfectly !
https://secure.pawengineparts.com/shoppingcart/ShowItem.cfm?itemid=63230&catid=730
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

mo...
The TESH

69charger2002

what is the story on the front of the fender? it looks raduised out/shortened. can't quite put my finger on it. just curious. car is coming together well.   :cheers:
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

TUFCAT

Quote from: 69charger2002 on March 10, 2009, 01:06:08 PM
what is the story on the front of the fender? it looks raduised out/shortened. can't quite put my finger on it. just curious. car is coming together well.   :cheers:
trav

I asked about that a long time ago..... It looks as if the car was "jumped".

Tesh gave me the answer back then.  I can't recall now, but he explained how the front end got wasted. I can't be sure, but I think it may have been used in the Dukes of Hazzard movie from 2007?

69bronzeT5

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 10, 2009, 01:38:12 PM
Tesh gave me the answer back then.  I can't recall now, but he explained how the front end got wasted. I can't be sure, but I think it may have been used in the Dukes of Hazzard movie from 2007?

I think the actual car was used in the movie.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

GeneralLeeTESH

The front Left frame was buckled. See photo of Jump-evidence. I have fixed it since. The Front fenders were both cut for wheel movement (probably for jumping ? ) The car came to me with 0.96" diameter front torsion bars. It also has a 3/8" diameter fuel line and WAS a 4 speed car, (which they cut the tranny tunnel hump out of)! The inner body roof and interior are full of TAR undercoating also. The HLPAG boys told me that WB had 9 or more DOH cars built for them by them and this was used for some jumping and was sent back with a s-load of parts (post movie) to them. Wether their story is true-I have NO idea !
The TESH

pettybird

is it an optical illusion that the exhaust is going to have to make a nasty bend to avoid the steering linkage (center link, etc?)

GeneralLeeTESH

The exhaust I have is a set of Stock pipes made for a 67 Plymouth VIP  440 car. I will custom do all the exhaust. I am not worried at all. In the mean time-we must remember this: Duketona is a "scab-job" Hot Rod built out of Chevy, Ford, Mercury, Dodge, Chrysler and Plymouth parts ! Leading the pack in memory of old Dale Earnhardt is my 78 Chevy pickup radiator, followed by a BB Chevy water pump, fit to a Chrysler timing cover from Hot heads followed up by a Dodge 1958 Truck block and heads with a Chrysler 340 bellhousing and Dodge Charger 69  four speed, then a Ford Mustang 67  driveline mated to a 78 Lincoln Versailles Posi 9 inch rearend and lapped by the Dodge Daytona wing !  So There !!!    :o :cheers: ;) :icon_smile_cool: :icon_smile_big:
The TESH

pettybird

Quote from: GeneralLeeTESH on March 11, 2009, 01:03:38 PM
The exhaust I have is a set of Stock pipes made for a 67 Plymouth VIP  440 car. I will custom do all the exhaust. I am not worried at all. In the mean time-we must remember this: Duketona is a "scab-job" Hot Rod built out of Chevy, Ford, Mercury, Dodge, Chrysler and Plymouth parts ! Leading the pack in memory of old Dale Earnhardt is my 78 Chevy pickup radiator, followed by a BB Chevy water pump, fit to a Chrysler timing cover from Hot heads followed up by a Dodge 1958 Truck block and heads with a Chrysler 340 bellhousing and Dodge Charger 69  four speed, then a Ford Mustang 67  driveline mated to a 78 Lincoln Versailles Posi 9 inch rearend and lapped by the Dodge Daytona wing !  So There !!!    :o :cheers: ;) :icon_smile_cool: :icon_smile_big:

I'm not worried about where the parts are from--it just looks like the pipes and the inner tie rods want to live in the same place...what's the vertical gap between the collector and the center link?  is there room for a "normal" bend or are you going to have to slant them from the get go to get them away from the linkage?

GeneralLeeTESH

PettyBird- I have not arrived at that mathematical/geometrical conclusion ! I will this weekend, using the stock PRE-Bent 2 yr old heavy steel 3.0"
pipes I robbed off the 67 VIP I parted out. Stay Tuned...You'll know this Monday morning !
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

OK-today- (Sat) March 14th, 2009  I spent today "prepping-up" the car underneath
with all accessories, oiling, clutch install, starter and covershield install, etc.  Tomorrow-SUN. I will install the exhaust system ! The new stronger motor mounts and their brackets are shown with solid rubber mounts and beefed up brackets. I moved the engine over 1/2 " towards the driver's side. This provides clearance @ RH shocktower and allows me more centering of my driveline with the Lincoln (Ford) 9" posi rear-end! I filled the tranny with 90 wt gear oil and installed the NEW speedo-cable also !
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

more...
The TESH

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

GeneralLeeTESH

OK-today was a bit Exhausting. Also installed my 17psi fuel-pump.
The TESH

IowaCharger69

GeneralLeeTESH

The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

lastly....
The TESH

RD

will changing your oil be a pita?  i mean.. the exhaust pipe is really, really close to that filter which brings up two points:

1) extreme heat transfer that will heat up your oil to may deal with some higher than normal engine operating temperatures

2) how in the hell are you going to change your oil filter?  that pipe runs right in front of it?

the starter location needs attention, not sure if you are going to address that, but you need a major heatshield in there or your new starter will bite the big one due to overheating.

not criticizing you, but why did you stay with the rusty lead pipes into your new shiny exhaust?  its your car, i understand that, but with all the $$$ you have spent so far.. would that not been a wise upgrade?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

GeneralLeeTESH

Heat transfer/starter heat shield-  in the  works. Oil fiter is a piece of cake to get to and change-I can access it from above by hand/oil strapwrench just AFT of the RH shocktower or underneath with  a strapwrench by the rh side of the oil pan !
Pipes wil be alumacoated.         remember this-Form/fit/functionality 1st...Cosmetics 2nd !
:cheers: :icon_smile_big:
The TESH

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

GeneralLeeTESH

Here  R  yer pics to show oil filter  clearance .
The TESH