News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DUKETONA update....

Started by GeneralLeeTESH, April 15, 2007, 09:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris G.

Speechless.  :rotz:

Can you itemize that bill for us? I'd like to see what cost 14K.

GeneralLeeTESH

Patience Grasshopper-YOU Will...
REMEMBER-I am an ENGINEer...NOT an Accountant  !!!
The TESH

pettybird

it shows!

seriously--for a motor that didn't need a bore job...is it gold plated and platinum lined?  it's a tractor motor!

TUFCAT

Hmmm ...you mean all that Kustom Enjuneared stuff really costs money???   :2thumbs:  Unfortunatley, nuthin's cheap anymore!  :'(

It really doesn't surprise me about the cost to build an older Hemi  (a new more powerful crate hemi could've been purchased for less).  This project probably started as a "neat idea"..... then like usual, spun out of control and ended up costing a fortune.  :eek2:

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The70RT

Quote from: SFRT on August 01, 2008, 10:26:04 AM
13.5 K for a 392 ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :o

Iridium pistons & diamond tipped pushrods cost a lot now  :D
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

GeneralLeeTESH

Well boyz-
I'll put it THIS way...anybody can BUY a crate mill.  I know for a FACT this much-NONE and I mean NONE of any of the parts in my motor are made in MEXICO or anywhere else-but the good Ol'U S of A  !!! :patriot: :patriot:
I am also GLAD I put my George Bush tax return and then some BACK into the hands of fellow AMERICANS  !!!
Go find me PROOF that the new "crate motors" consist 100 % of ONLY made in the US of A  parts  and noe "HECO en MEHICO"  !!!
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

In response to this comment, "Reminds me of the tv show with Andy Griffith from the 70s called Salvage, where a guy who owned a junkyard was building a rocket from junk."
The first rockets used in the Space Program were left-over salvaged Mercury Redstone rockets...So YES-you can BUILD rockets from leftover junk !   ;)
The TESH

TUFCAT

Tesh, I didn't want you to think I was being negative - hope you didn't take it that way  :cheers:.  I'm guessing the purpose of this build was to do something neat - that nobody would dare to do.   I applaud you for that. I also figure you would have estimated the cost to be less?  Nevertheless, you have something cool - and that's what its all about  :2thumbs:

BB1

I sold my Indy 426 Hemi 540hp for $13,000.00. Better luck next time.   ::)
Delete my profile

GeneralLeeTESH

Ed- I applaud your sale of the INDY mill.  Have you spent the money made from it yet?

My motor is "OLD School" and what ALL the original "Slingshot" dragster guys (who made History with them) ran and STILL Desire to run ! This MILL is Custom Built-a TORQUE monster-all Blueprinted/BALANCED, with a MATCHING cam, Matching MULTI barrel Induction system, etc.

That's all for today's mechanical shop lesson.  !
-The TESH
The TESH

mikepmcs

Mark, you have any new pictures for us droolers out there following along. :icon_smile_big: :cheers:
Can't wait to see the final product.  Yeeeehawwwwwww!
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

man doug lighten up , I personally love old hemi's , granted i wouldnt spend that much on one and i would put it in a street rod .
  But too each his own , get off his case .   

BigBlockSam

Quotepeople who talk smack on forums are probably more considerate in regular face-to-face conversations.

no doubt . all i know is that he's gonna have a cool ride and it's his so is his money. i dig those old heavy hemi's . it's different , i dig that too . more power to ya Tesh'

Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

GeneralLeeTESH

Old School simply INSPIRING a NEW Generation.  "Simple SIMON-Just-IN-Timing"
The TESH

moparstuart

front engine rail now thats old school cool brother

Blown70

I would never tell anyone how to spend the money they earned.  If this is what you wanted  :2thumbs:   

I personally would not have done it but the would never preclude me from saying GREAT work to someone who put sweat, and $$ into what they wanted. 

Enjoy the project.  and sleeping by the furnace, it will better in the winter.  :smilielol:

GeneralLeeTESH

Thank you for SHARING.  Lets take a time-out now. Lets remember ONE THING...
I CAN afford to DO anything i want to !

SO  There  ! ALSO- the only "spray" I need is Right Guard under-arm deodorant !!!   :scratchchin:

Now- go get an Ice-Cream cone !  I am proud of you for sharing with me  !!!    :yesnod:
The TESH

moparstuart

Blown70

Quote from: GeneralLeeTESH on August 06, 2008, 02:52:36 PM

SO  There  ! ALSO- the only "spray" I need is Right Guard under-arm deodorant !!!   :scratchchin:

That comes in a spray?

moparstuart

remember he is old school      :smilielol:    he must have stocked up

hemigeno

Guys, let's lighten up.  If there's a lesson to be learned here, it's that to rebuild, hop-up and custom-engineer the old stuff is really, really expensive.  I know that first-hand, as the fourth re-build on my dual-quad stroker Poly318 (now 403cid) from the 2-ton truck is wrapping up.  I'd have to kill anyone I told how much I have wrapped up in that engine just to make sure my wife never found out.  I've justified a lot of expenditures like this as "if I wanted cheap, I'd buy a Chevy".  :icon_smile_blackeye: 

Does that make me, Tesh, or anyone else who's that determined to see an old-school project through to the bitter end look smart?  Perhaps not, but you each can be your own judge on that topic - just keep the personal attacks to yourself.  ESPECIALLY you, ModTop...   :flame:

'Nuff said...

moparstuart

Quote from: hemigeno on August 07, 2008, 08:06:21 AM

Guys, let's lighten up.  If there's a lesson to be learned here, it's that to rebuild, hop-up and custom-engineer the old stuff is really, really expensive.  I know that first-hand, as the fourth re-build on my dual-quad stroker Poly318 (now 403cid) from the 2-ton truck is wrapping up.  I'd have to kill anyone I told how much I have wrapped up in that engine just to make sure my wife never found out.  I've justified a lot of expenditures like this as "if I wanted cheap, I'd buy a Chevy".  :icon_smile_blackeye: 

Does that make me, Tesh, or anyone else who's that determined to see an old-school project through to the bitter end look smart?  Perhaps not, but you each can be your own judge on that topic - just keep the personal attacks to yourself.  ESPECIALLY you, ModTop...   :flame:

'Nuff said...

i'm not buying it now I need something more reliable  :smilielol:  it's still  awesome and looks beautiful  !!!!!!!

hemigeno

Quote from: moparstuart on August 07, 2008, 08:16:38 AM
i'm not buying it now I need something more reliable  :smilielol:  it still is awesome and looks beautiful  !!!!!!!

:lol:

The 4th time is the charm though...