News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DUKETONA update....

Started by GeneralLeeTESH, April 15, 2007, 09:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeneralLeeTESH

Here is the Holley 1050 cfm Dominator Carb for Jimmy's 392 HEMI DART...

"  just 7 gas stations to the mile  !!! "
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

O.K......  Got the Pressure plate back today-all Balanced/surfaced for the motor along with the Oilite Bronze Input shaft (goes in the end of the crankshaft on the HEMI) bushing.
Everything is ready to install @ the back of the block !    :cheers:
The TESH

PocketThunder

Quote from: dads_69 on April 12, 2008, 07:19:40 PM
Don't hate me for saying this, the wing & tail stripe color I still don't quiet understand, but I'm stoked to this car to run down the road under its own power! I wanna see some 200 ft. burnouts!  :2thumbs:

Where do you see a wing and tail stripe in that picture..?  All i see is  :drool5:   :drool5:  Jessica  :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

GeneralLeeTESH

Jessica WHO ???   :o
The TESH

pettybird

does the end of the crank stick out THAT far that you'll be able to bolt up the flywheel, or did I miss a post about a spacer?  I'm puzzled as to how you intend to bolt everything up as-is without cutting off most of that adapter plate?

GeneralLeeTESH

Yes. OLD 331, 354 and 392 cranks have always stuck out further. We clearance fit all the parts on the HEMI along with the stock spacer, the 340 bellhousing and the A-833 tranny and dialed them all in BEFORE welding the bell to the adapter plate. Check out http://www.wilcap.com/webdoc8.html
for more illustrations/adaptations ! Attached also is a pic of my Grandpa's old car it came out of (he used to drive Gma to church Convertible-Style )  !!!
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

Ell-Lookie Hee Ya'll

Got them A-833's en them bellhousenz ready fer Jimmy's HEMI en mine. Heez uzin a Hurst Vertigate setup. Take a look at my 4 core "desert cooler" MOPAR radiator set in the Duktona!
The TESH

AirborneSilva

moparstuart

awesome   get that HEMI back
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

GeneralLeeTESH

The HEMI wil arrive tomorrow night-MONDAY May 5th. Stay tuned for pics !
-The TESH
:drool5:
The TESH

moparstuart

Quote from: GeneralLeeTESH on May 04, 2008, 11:26:06 AM
The HEMI wil arrive tomorrow night-MONDAY May 5th. Stay tuned for pics !
-The TESH
:drool5:
:popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5: :drool5:

GeneralLeeTESH

Here is my 354 Hemi-the "back-up"-mock-up block! The other 354 is coming next week...and ready to install   !!!

-Tesh
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

My daughter Moly wanted to Model with the Block ! :scratchchin:
The TESH

BigBlockSam

dude! perfect time to put a daytona nose on it .  :yesnod:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

GeneralLeeTESH

Here are my "Script " Vave Covers for the mill...
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

OK-spent a little time "fit-Checking" the new Bellhousing on the 354 HEMI. Note the crank's clearance!
Without the bellhousing 5/8" adapter (Original) plate-the starter motor would not fit  !
The TESH

66chargerkid

We just saw a charger daytona clone with a 392 hemi in it. He had to do some massaging (more like beating) of the sides out a tiny bit to fit the hemi in there as its 3" wider than the 426!
Looking good! Can't wait to see the final product!
Do you have a custom drive shaft? Have you test fitted the motor in it yet? Should be awesome when you are finished

GeneralLeeTESH

Thank you for the thoughtful and studious comments! An old school 392 WILL fit in a DODGE DART-Charlie Gluck shows it on http://www.moparts.org/Tech/tech/pages/earlyhemi.html     !!!
The height above the K-member makes a difference-AND the motor mounts do too ! Charlie sold me a custom set of hand made B-Body to early Hemi mounts for 125.00
All you need to do is run stock EARLY Hemi exhaust manifolds and a MANUAL steering box and a CENTER Sump oil pan !
I made my scab-job of a radiator support removable to make the engine/bellhousing/A-833 manual tranny install a lot easier. I bought a custom made tranny X-member for this from a guy in Idaho (from Moparts). The clutch z-bar needs to have its bracket set 0.75 inches back further to accomodate for the added length of the trans-bellhousing adapter. The tranny tunnel hump will also be set back 1/2-1.0 " further also. An early hemi will fit in any B-body. It is the 426 that MUST be installed from the bottom of the car with the K member !
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

OK-update on my HEMI.
I took it to ANOTHER more reliable and well known HEMI builder-Bob Peterson. (Bob built a few Hemis , etc.) He also raced early Hemis in his " dragster" back in the 60's.
Anyhow-the motor was torn down yesterday revealing that it is a LOW Miles-NEVER rebuilt 354 Farm-truck motor ! Well-it has a 2.0" LONGER crank and reverse water flow for cooling. I will have the crank shortened by 2.0" and re-keyed and then balanced.These motors are sought after by top fuel guys, because they never run them long enough to need cooling ! Bob and Dave Day will put two water ports in the heads (in stock locations) using his bridgeport mill. The heads already come WITH hardened exhaust seats and sodium filled valves. I will throw out the sodium filled valves, go with a stainless set; then install needle-bearing rocker arms set. The block will be align-honed, torque plated and re-drilled, magged, decked and port-matched and all rotating parts BALANCED with the front damper and flywheel. When done- I'll be into it 12 grand-BUT-will have a HIGH Nickel-content block-ready for 9.0-1 compression. Running the purple MOPAR cam for it and ADJUSTABLE pushrods (Smiths Brothers set). Going with the resized/shot peened rods and a 10-10 crank kit also.Should be a reliable street MILL !
Attached is a picture of the exact look/airscoop/style my motor will look like under the hood !
:cheers:
The TESH

The70RT

Sounds like you got it going on. It is gonna be awsome  :yesnod:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

GeneralLeeTESH

Apparently-this virgin motor has only 10,000 miles on it  !!! I bought it with my George Bush/Congressional "stimulus" check !  :icon_smile_cool:
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

wait-here is more...
The TESH

AirborneSilva

GeneralLeeTESH

HERE is Awesome!  My 22 yr old son Cole FINALLY finished restoring his 68 Shelby GT350 Convertible.
Finished the new top install today all by himself. Got a couple wrinkles to work out with the heat gun.
The TESH