News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DUKETONA update....

Started by GeneralLeeTESH, April 15, 2007, 09:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeneralLeeTESH

Troy-Thanks for your good advice. I did two drawings for a machine shop;then, turned them in to them for fabrication of wheel-centering assemblies !
Acorn nuts are on order and will be ready next week. I am doing this to all 4 wheels!
-Mark
:2thumbs:
The TESH

Troy

There's a guy on Moparts that sells them so late-model Mustang wheels will fit. They are very thin. That's the only way I knew about it. Good luck!

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

GeneralLeeTESH

OK-for those NW Drag-Racers (esp. CHEVY-powered ones)-This is Paul Reichert (cousin to Congressman Dave Reichhert (who once was the King Co. Sheriff, who caught The Green River Killer-Gary Ridgeway)). Anyway-Paul is assisting me  in "em-powering" the 392 HEMI mill for Duktona! The Stainless Steel Gas Tank and SS Sending unit and SS Straps went in today. Front end work/DB kit/Manual Steering box go in starting tomorrow. :2thumbs: :cheers: :scratchchin:
The TESH

jmeekins33

Man that's cool.  You aren't gonna see too many more of those riding around.  It's pretty sweet that it's a real movie car too. 

-Jason M

GeneralLeeTESH

Man alive-lower control arm bushings are a Nightmare !!!
Here are the upper control arms with their new ball joints and bushings. New shocks are in. New Lower ball joints go on tomorrowalong with restored upper control arms. Then come the new disc brake spindles and front disc brake kit !!!
:2thumbs: :cheers:
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

I'll tell Y'all somethun...
If you EVER get a thrashed-out "movie-car"...assume the WORST, THEN...replace EVERYTHING !!! -THEN-You know what you've got...and will feel safer driving around with Roscoe P. Coltraine on yer tail, and you'll spend less time in Cooter's garage !  :scratchchin:
FInished replacing all the Upper and Lower Control arm bushings, installed new balljoints (upper n lower), new shocks and next-these new spindles and disc-brakes kit from MP Brakes ! The  MP Brake kit is set up (per an extra 99.00-for 4 wheel MANUAL Disc brakes (that is if you're installing an elephant-block 392, 354 or 331 HEMI)-and soon-a MANUAL Steering box. PS will not fit with the gargantuan Mill going in between the wheel-wells. I measured the Torsion bars-they are 0.96" in diameter and are in great shape. ! More pics coming tomorrow...
:cheers:
The TESH

BigBlockSam

looking good . 4 wheel manual discs .  should stop on a dime. you just gotta stand on that pedal  :cheers:

keep the pictures coming. i like watching your progess . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

AirborneSilva

Your making some great progress on that Tesh  :2thumbs:

GeneralLeeTESH

We'll see. An added booster and adaptive Assembly (built by Charlie Gluck for old school HEMI applications) MAY be in order ! Here's info on HOW to STUFF an old school HEMI into ANY MOPAR; esp. a Dart or Charger !!!
http://www.foundationpc.com/stories/hemidart.html
:icon_smile_blackeye:
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

Been watchen them DUKES on COUNTRY MUSIC TELEVISION...
the kids ev bin bizee bildin ROSCOE'z car en that car they call "the General Lee"...
Mighty fine influence upon me...them Duke-luvin kids en all.... :2thumbs: :lol:
The TESH

TUFCAT

Hay partner....them ar sum kute kidz!  :icon_smile_cool:  I'm also luvin the kunstrukshun paper general lee - vary kreeativ.  :icon_smile_wink:

Moparmatty

Where did the stainless tank and sending unit come from?
Matt Tebbutt
Ontario, Canada

GeneralLeeTESH

Year  One.

Now-Here are MORE pictures of the Master Power Brakes front Disc-Brake kit going into place on The General.
The TESH

alfanta

Looks like youve been busy since I last checked. While I dont agree with the green, The craftsmanship looks excellent. Keep up the good work  :2thumbs:

GeneralLeeTESH

Here is the final 3 sets of pictures showing HOW to install the MP Disc Brake kit. Note: Caliper Silicone-based (white) grease is important. Their kit does not come with it. Buy some @ Auto-Zone for 1.00. Well worth it (as shown).
Measure/set Angle to 0 degrees as shown by adjusting upper a-arm bolts in Shock tower. Custom machined wheel spacers for HUBCENTRIC centering are going on as well as a new set of brake lines, master cylinder AND rear DB proportioning valve.
All 4 now !
-Tesh
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

more... :2thumbs:
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

lastly... :2thumbs: :cheers:
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

OK. Aligned the front end, set Caster and camber and toe angles. Installed the Mopar Charlie Gluck manual HEMI-steering box/adapter. Set up the clutch pedal
bracket back 0.5" to accomodate for the 392 HEMI adapter-Bellhousing assy putting the whole Z-bar back torwards the rear 0.5". Set up the Manual DB Master Cylinder from MP Brakes with the adjustable pushrod. Greased/rebushed pedals and will paint/install them with MC tomorrow. Then-It's Brake line kit/rear Prop-valve/brake warning syste,m installation and Brake-system bleeding !!!
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

lastly-
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

OK-Brake line installation/Brake Bleeding is tomorrow. Got the Pedal Assy into place ong with the new MC and Clutch-rod boot/rod/. HEMI arrivesin 17 days..."but who's counting...right?"
:lol:
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

and...
The TESH

AirborneSilva

That's coming along great Tesh  :2thumbs:

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

GeneralLeeTESH

OK. Got them brake linez in...system bled. Special thanks to James "Hemi-RUMBLE Bee" Majors for the many rides to/from Auto Parts store(s) and pedal-assistance during the bleed ! Seventeen more days N the ol'392 arrives! I look more forward to this (then if Jesus arrived right now) AND I mean it !!!
-The TESH
:lol: :2thumbs: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :popcrn:
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

finally...
The TESH