News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DUKETONA update....

Started by GeneralLeeTESH, April 15, 2007, 09:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeneralLeeTESH

My LIFT. I had eye surgery for a detached retina this last year and have OIL in my left eye holding the retina into place to heal and prevent scar tissue build-up ! Thanks to Diabetes.
My ability to have side-viewing depth capability is diminished. Right now- I am the "One-eyed surprise guy" ! Will have the oil surgically removed this December !   :o
The TESH

pettybird

Quote from: GeneralLeeTESH on August 28, 2009, 11:37:23 AM
My LIFT. I had eye surgery for a detached retina this last year and have OIL in my left eye holding the retina into place to heal and prevent scar tissue build-up ! Thanks to Diabetes.
My ability to have side-viewing depth capability is diminished. Right now- I am the "One-eyed surprise guy" ! Will have the oil surgically removed this December !   :o

am I the only one who would have preferred an "I was drunk" lie? 

oil in the eye...that had to sit well when they told you what they were going to do...

GeneralLeeTESH

Well-wore this A833 out on the racetrack. Now I am rebuilding it !   :yesnod: :cheers:
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

Yeh-  :icon_smile_big:
Since I have now been "saved" by Dodge...I just had to pay respects to the Viper GTS coupe blue metallic-flake paint ! The Mustang Hospital is a bit more "recognizable" from the highway right now !     :scratchchin:
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

Well-been rebuilding the ol'A833. Found after pulling both bearings off their shafts that the rear output shaft bearing was rusty and "gauled" and the main cause of the need for a rebuild ! I will replace both bearings, all the syncro blocker-rings and the 4 sets of countershaft roller bearings along with all new gaskets ! The A833 in my opinion along with the T10 Ford or Chevy 4 speeds are a lot easier to rebuild compared to the Ford Toploader 4 speed ! In my opinion-the A833 is just as strong or maybe stronger than the Ford Toploader-Period !
The TESH

AirborneSilva

Damn Mark, you've been busy with DUKTONA - thanks for the updates  :cheers:

GeneralLeeTESH

OK-the A833 section of the "Motors Manual" is vague on HOW-to install the new countershaft Cluster Gear Assembly into the A833 cast iron case sucessfully ! When installing the Thrust washers (2 total)-glue them into place with Contact Cement the day before you attempt to install the Cluster Gear Assembly ! :yesnod:Get some Vaseline-here's how:
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

Boy-vaseline is sure handy when re-assembling a lot of roller bearings and you need to hold them in place !
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

Stopped By Dave Day's shop in Auburn, WA. @ Aluminum Head Welders. He builds HEMI powered old school "slingshot" dragsters !  253-740-3342
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

Got the A833 back together today - FINALLY     :cheers:
The TESH

AirborneSilva

Good job Tesh, gear boxes have always baffled me  :rotz:

tan top

nice work , clever stuff  :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

GeneralLeeTESH

I LOVE rebuilding A833 gear boxes-they're a Piece of CAKE !  I can easily do them in 10 hrs total each !
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

Finished "buttoning her up" tonight along with 4 speed Hurst Pistol-Grip Shifter Installation  :cheers:
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

Took the Ol'Duketona out this weekend. Visited Lake Sawyer (there is a bed n breakfast there-Which was once my Grandfather Jim Paolucci's cabin).
http://www.lakesawyercottagerentals.com/
The TESH

teamroth

Nice pics Tesh, trip looked like fun. I believe I am still waiting patiently for my hole shot videos....
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

GeneralLeeTESH

wAIT LONGER THERE GRASSHOPPER...i STILL NEED TO PUT 2000 MILES total ON THE ENGINE TO WEAR-IN THE RINGS (SEAT THEM). iMPATIENCE CAN BE CATASTROPHIC/EXPENSIVE ! i BUILT THIS CAR TO LAST-NOT TO Destroy !   :icon_smile_blackeye: :yesnod: :angel:
The TESH

GeneralLeeTESH

The TESH

AirborneSilva

GeneralLeeTESH

Well now- this Unemployment from BOEING has its "retirement" advantages...
You can clean up your entire workshop and get rid of 2 truckloads of shit
You can go "gold-pannin"
You can meet /plan with pals for breakfast...
AND drive the DUKETONA  !   :nana: :cheers: :scratchchin:
The TESH

mikepmcs

I like your retirement plan! Looking good, Sir!
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

AirborneSilva

It's all fun and games until you get a job offer you can't refuse, until then enjoy  :2thumbs:

Mikesmoparperformance

Nice car but why is the wing green men! it does not look right with the orange on the car make it black
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

AirborneSilva

Oh no, here we go again  :brickwall:

Neal_J

Mark:

I've glanced at this thread periodically over the last three years but I never really "got it" regarding the car's name & green wing.  

That is, until today when I read all 53 pages and watched the progression of the build.  

I now fully "get it" - you are one hell of an engineer.  And wow, neat ride!~

My  :Twocents: :Twocents: