News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 Charger - Pin or Slide type caliper?

Started by Charger1973, April 14, 2007, 12:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger1973

My front calipers are giving me trouble and I want to replace them.  The parts store says they have a pin or slide type.  What would be the right one for my car?  Im not sure how to tell the difference in the two. 

Charger1973

Heres a shot of the caliper on another 73.  Same as mine. 

Shakey

bordin34

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Chatt69chgr

Thats a pin type too.  There are several variations on where and how the hose connects on both the pin and slider type.  Are you saying you want to replace what you have with either a pin or slider type?  I think you will probably find that the caliper adapter is different for the two types and you would have to replace that too if you change types.  The caliper adapters are not available from your typical aftermarket parts place.  And don't forget the hose.  That would be different and theres no telling which one would work.  For normal driving either type should work just fine.  If you have disc brakes now why not just replace what you have?  That would be pretty straightforward. 

Charger1973

Thats what I am doing.  Its just the guy at the parts store wanted to sell me the slide type and I was pretty sure it was pin type.  Which it is.  They had to be ordered in which is why I asked in ahead of time.  Cheap though, $58 total for the calipers with pads at O'Reilly's.