News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hey guys.... just scored a '69 SE UPDATE 8/10

Started by six-tee-nine, April 14, 2007, 01:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

six-tee-nine

Well after 3 Years i bought my Charger... :icon_smile_big:

It's a '69 Se car originally 383 auto but engine and trans is gone.
The car is pretty solid exept the trunk floor and some usual rust in the rear quarters.
Got a new trunkpan, an extra grill in perfect shape and an extra left door with the car.

She will be going into storage this year till i have the time to start working on her.....it's going to be a 440 4speed conversion, that will be something for next year i suppose.

Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

bull

Cool! Bet you're a happy guy right now. I dig the '68 Bumble Bee stripes too. :2thumbs:

terrible one

That thing looks incredibly solid and is going to be a great start! Good luck with the project!  :icon_smile_cool:

ChargerSG

Congrats, look solid. Good luck with restoring it :icon_smile_big:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

WheresMyCharger

Great find and some nice extras too. looks like you will be changing your name to gottacharger. or gottachargerneedcash :yesnod:
Have you seen my old '69 Charger??
       *XP29H9B324356*

Brock Samson

congradulations on your score...
looking forward to seeing progress...  :yesnod:

six-tee-nine

Yep i'm quite lucky now....

Car is really solid to, all trim is there, interior is complete just no engine and trans but since i'm not a #'s matching guy i don't care about that.

@ WheresMyCharger that's maybe an idea i din't think of a namechange and need chash.....hell yeah but that's a problem the most of us know.... and i'll be doing alot myself...

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

TruckDriver

Nice score! I want the T/A next to it :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

PocketThunder

Quote from: WheresMyCharger on April 14, 2007, 08:38:49 AM
Great find and some nice extras too. looks like you will be changing your name to gottacharger. or gottachargerneedcash :yesnod:
:rofl: :rofl:

nice score!   and its Green.  you dont see to many of those...... ;) :devil:   Are you keeping the same colors or triple black :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

CB

hey dude, congrats on the purchase!
looks like she needs a little help, you gotta dress 'er up real nice ;)
btw, you had a color in mind or you're staying green ?

So soon you will be the 4th with a Charger in the same town ,a 68,  a 69, a 69 SE and a 73 :coolgleamA:

CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

artstar

Looks awesome...looking forward to more pictures as your progress gets underway.  Good luck.

Dave22443

Wow!  Thats the same color my Charger was when I got it.  Who'd a thunk it!  ;)

Nice score.  Looks like a great project.  Congratulations.  I know you must be happy  :yesnod:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

six-tee-nine

Well, i'm sorry to dissapoint you guys but if there's one color on a car that i hate it's green....

I actually am planning to get her on the road next summer so she'll temporary get a coat of flat black.

In a few years when i manged to build me a nice working space in my yard i'll be doing a full rotisserie resto and for 90% sure she's going to be 3Xblack, no vinyl top and red interior...as mean as a charger can get IMO.

Blakcharger440

That definitely looks like original paint. So what is up with the 68 style stripes on it? Someone probably added them later?

kokxville

Quote from: wantacharger on April 15, 2007, 07:56:34 AM
Well, i'm sorry to dissapoint you guys but if there's one color on a car that i hate it's green....

I actually am planning to get her on the road next summer so she'll temporary get a coat of flat black.

In a few years when i manged to build me a nice working space in my yard i'll be doing a full rotisserie resto and for 90% sure she's going to be 3Xblack, no vinyl top and red interior...as mean as a charger can get IMO.

Nice found,congrats.But 3x black isn't that with black interiour and vinyltop  ??? :icon_smile_wink:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

runninhorn

LargerCharger383

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Brightyellow69rtse

man that car looks familiar i swear ive seen it before somewhere......Mike

THE COLONEL

I'm glad you got one.  I'm sure most of us know the joy of what you did. :yesnod:  Looks like a very solid project! :icon_smile_cool:
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

Charger_Fan

Congrats, it looks like it's in pretty good shape from here. :thumbs:
Did you get it for a good deal?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TUFCAT

I like it  ;D ;D ;D ...and I've always been partial to dark green MOPARS.  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

kamkuda

Congrats,  It looks like a great project  :icon_smile_tongue:

six-tee-nine

I just found out by the fender tag she was built 9/19/1968......

Wouldn't that be a damn early one then??? or am i wrong.....

CB

I really like to see that Charger in person, when do expect it home?
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

six-tee-nine

So now over 12 weeks later i received a container package.....With my Charger in it.

Wont hold you guys up longer here are the pic's.

The last one is all i could find that's left of my biuldsheet  :'(

Likes / dislikes.....

Well 2 complete grilles are better than one, too bad both the center trim piece is killed in action.
A spare driver side door (wich i'm gonna need).
The Chrome trim is in excellent shape an all there
trunk pans are crusty but new ones (repop) came along
nice original radio still in the car
all tinted glass still there
not so good : no seatbelts found  :brickwall:
besides engine and tranny also all A/C stuff and radiator are gone (A/C heaterbox still here tough).

plans...... black with red stripe, red interior, 500+ stroker with manual (4 or 5 speed) gearbox, original look except for some nice 18" rims (sorry all you OEM guys).

bsakal

looks like my '69 SE, except for the factory air. Mine is F3 green, but black interior.
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

69charger2002

now THAT looks like a solid 69 charger project. good luck with it! seat belts aren't hard to find, although pricy, the center I piece for the grill is not bad either ($150 or less). plus the grill is out so it's much easier to do it that way. is the roof solid or does it have holes in it? looks iffy in the pics?
congrats on your score.
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

six-tee-nine

Well the roof looks bad but is rock solid no holes just one small hole in the sail panel some minor rust in the lower quarter area