News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tires

Started by my73charger, April 13, 2007, 11:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

my73charger

I can't decide what kind of tires to get for my Charger next.  I want a white lettered radial for sure.  I am klinda leaning toward BFG's  never had them before on my car.  Any suggestions?  Pics?

Old Moparz

I always liked the NASCAR style raised yellow letter tires, but someone said they don't make them anymore. Here's a pic I found, too bad it's not on a Mopar or a full shot of the car.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Ponch ®

Quote from: Old Moparz on April 13, 2007, 12:49:10 PM
I always liked the NASCAR style raised yellow letter tires, but someone said they don't make them anymore. Here's a pic I found, too bad it's not on a Mopar or a full shot of the car.

you can still buy them in white though, and DupliColor (i think) makes a special marker to paint the letters yellow (or other colors).
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

my73charger

Those are actually a nice tire.

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Old Moparz

Quote from: Ponch ® on April 13, 2007, 12:53:55 PM
http://www.duplicolor.com/products/hottires.html

Cool idea. I had thought about some kind of paint but didn't realize there was an actual product that does it.  :2thumbs:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

ramit

I really like the firestone firehawks.  I have bfg radial T/A 's on my 72 charger and they seem to be wearing fast.

Paul G

I am not using these any more. Goodyear Nascar yellow letter's. I guy I know wanted the tires but he has not firmed up with any cash. I would consider selling them.

1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

my73charger

I was thinking of those too but they have jumped in price considerably.  (I have the hardest time reading your posts with that little sweety wiggling away like that) :icon_smile_big:

Rolling_Thunder

BFG's are getting scarce at the moment...    someone isnt making them it seems....     I have to have a set of tires   235/60/15 and 255/60/15 shipped from Michigan and Maine respectively to southern california for a 1970 cuda that is in the shop...     we just finished the ground up resto on it and he is making due with some goodyears for now...   

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

LargerCharger383

I have Dunlop GT Qualifiers on mine.  Ilike the raised white letter look ;D

hutch

Quote from: LargerCharger383 on April 15, 2007, 10:06:50 AM
I have Dunlop GT Qualifiers on mine.  Ilike the raised white letter look ;D

Larger, what the dim's on your wheels and tires?  do you have air shocks in the rear to keep them up off the wheels like that?  I was looking at some 15x11 with 3.5" back space but was worried they would come out too far.

thanks
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

Charger1973

This is what I have on my car right now.  I like them so far.

moparguy01

honestly the bfg goodrich used to be a good tire, but the last pair i got for the rear were really slick feeling. I don't really care for them much. no traction at all. its almostr like the rubber still has release agent on them.

The indy firehawks are decent tires.

jackel440

I have the BFG's on mine and i love them.I haven't noticed any wear on mine hardly at all.I seem to have good luck with them.Goodyear for me might as well be use to sit an engine on  :hah: